10+ Year Old Account

Patch 1.5 Impressions & Discussions

Alright patch has downloaded and installed and so far so good. I got achievement veteran spam when I logged on for 1, 3, & 6 months. My Conquer of River Of Souls mount got upgraded from a Horse to a Unicorn.....everyone loves unicorns, amiright?

The graphics on my bracer seemed to have a different model they are the relic tier piece from hammerknell.

To be continued......

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly a horn!
    Keep posting and showing the new things please, will make the wait for us Europeans feel a little shorter T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Slipmat and Puremallace have covered many of the content on the PTS, so big thanks to them. I'm not certain what fine tune tweaks were added changed in the final build from PTS to live as I haven't had a chance to digest all the patch notes yet. This may or may not of been covered but in addition to the veteran rewards for each interval level you received a bag of vials similar too the ones at the 1/2 birthday celebration.

Favorite part = seeing my XP bar going up again. I'm so happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Favorite part = seeing my XP bar going up again. I'm so happy.
    Yeah, I'm already on my 2nd level by doing all 3 chronicles and some pvp dailies. I use the experience vials which also gives experience while turning dailies in as well. I've got points in my fire tree already. =D

Chronicles duo man dungeons will be a huge for the people who can't or don't want to raid. It's really nice to have gamers able to visit the raid instances and even for raiders they drop BOE raid consumables, artifacts and experience of course. Umm there is so much to do it's hard finding time to do much else outside of the game.

I've noticed many cosmetic changes to gear, items and casting spells, it's time to go have a huge read of the wall of text patch notes. PS I frapsed the Defiant planner attunement chronicle but decided against posting it. It's too much of spoiler and should be enjoyed in person imo.

For those of you that haven't stepped into Hammerknell yet, enjoy this epic instance. PS: check all the rubble piles and under the lanterns for artifacts (some are hard to see) and look for hidden chests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beem patching for some time..soon done, we'll see if its up or if i have to wait longer, might be able to test it out before going to bed in x hours.

Well, I'm really disappointed in the Defiant veteran costume. It doesn't look anything like the sexy bikini-thing the female guards wear, it looks more like what the male guards wear.

Deleted
    Might as well post here instead of making another thread about 1.5. Could anyone tell me how rogues are doing in PvP? I scraped my rogue about a month ago becouse of several reasons, one being the poor state they were in pvp compared to other classes. I just want to know if it's worth making one again and getting into pvp, are they competitive, can they do more than just run shards and debuff spam as MM?

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidoxygen View Post
    Might as well post here instead of making another thread about 1.5. Could anyone tell me how rogues are doing in PvP? I scraped my rogue about a month ago becouse of several reasons, one being the poor state they were in pvp compared to other classes. I just want to know if it's worth making one again and getting into pvp, are they competitive, can they do more than just run shards and debuff spam as MM?

Thanks for the info.
    pve side you guys are looking good
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ide-1-5-a.html

pvp side I see some qq threads saying you are OP and hit very hard now lol, so that is always good
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...p-pvp-pve.html

I ran WFs last night on my 50 rogue. Tried out a MM spec, and felt like I was actually doing some good. I'm sure there will be lots of complaints, but for the most part I still see clerics and mages dominating the top of the chart.

Ironically activated my account again on Sunday, unaware of the upcoming patch. I played the first two months of release casually. Have a 41 cleric and I enjoyed the Soul system immensely. This may not be the best forum to inquire but does anyone have info on the support classes? Most of the reviews are pretty dated that I found online.

Support and Healing are my favourite rolls. I guess I'm mostly trying to determine if the 3 support classes are equally desirable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our rogues also did well in PVE last night. MM seemed to be the flavor of the day.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-09-29 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Our rogues also did well in PVE last night. MM seemed to be the flavor of the day.
    Seems to be the case, 51 point MM builds are the way to go it seems.

Regarding the patch, seems pretty good although I'm a bit disappointed in just having one single man chronicles that lasted about 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meegs View Post
    Ironically activated my account again on Sunday, unaware of the upcoming patch. I played the first two months of release casually. Have a 41 cleric and I enjoyed the Soul system immensely. This may not be the best forum to inquire but does anyone have info on the support classes? Most of the reviews are pretty dated that I found online.

Support and Healing are my favourite rolls. I guess I'm mostly trying to determine if the 3 support classes are equally desirable.
    Healing is pretty much what you would expect in any MMO right now, spam it and make sure the health bars don't drop.
    Support is pretty much a bastard role right now, mostly about healing but got some buffs thrown in there that make you artificially desirable for raids. Don't even think about joining a 5-man with a support unless you are going to be heavily focusing on CC.

15+ Year Old Account
    My shard went Mia, so my personal opinion is QQ

Our mages were very happy in HK tonight pyro/ele doing 10k crits, they kept pulling agro early lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meegs View Post

Support is only really useful in the new Master Modes (where an offhealer is a must) and raids (where raid buffs and debuffs on boss really do make a difference). While it is as the above poster says an artificial role, it's still a vital one and there are fights where you have a specific job to do that makes a major contribution.