Tips for my desktop

I posted a couple weeks back asking for advice on which laptop to get because mine had recently been stolen. I still haven't been able to get the money together to get the laptop that I want (with no income as a full time student) but I did get my old desktop I used to play WoW on working once again.

It seems to be running pretty slow, with a little bit of lag sometimes on websites even, and I was just wondering if there were any parts I could replace to help fix this problem and make it run smoother in games especially. It doesn't really seem to have a problem with running the game, but there are a bit of jumpy parts that I would like to get ironed our while I'm playing WoW or SC2, and I really just don't know which parts would help me fix this problem. If there is any other information you think I should post to help get some advice just lemme know and I will gladly post it asap.

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 7600 GS
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02E1&SUBSYS_22471682&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 512.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.100216-1441)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/07/05 17:04:08 Ver: 08.00.09
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM

Deleted
    Honestly there's not much you can do..

Pretty much have to replace everything to make it run well..
    New cpu for sure (requires new motherboard + ram too).. new graphics card to improve the framerates... and most likely a new power supply to run the new cpu/gpu...
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So should I just look into getting a whole new dekstop?

Quote Originally Posted by SwishurSweet View Post
    So should I just look into getting a whole new dekstop?
    Yea pretty much. You should salvage at least the cd/dvd drive.. possibly the case too if it's a decent mid tower case.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.