Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Little big planet games are fun.

heavy rain is an absolute must play but I wouldn't buy it unless you are someone that likes to complete 100% because that would take awhile. The game does start of really slow but if you give an honest 2 hours I would bet you are hooked. There is no game out that is like it at all and I wouldn't read about the story at all. Honestly I never thought a game that you can't lose at would be as good as it is.

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE View Post
    was pretty good, didnt play the first 2, was bored and my brother owns it so i tried it. superhuman mode or w.e is wicked
    killzone 3 was pretty damn good aswell(id consider it kinda like the gears for playstation :<)
    They have a similar graphical style. The areas are kinda small and linear but they make up for it by making everything really detailed. It is a very good game.

EDIT: Silly me I missed a major one. If you not played ICO or Shadows of the Colossus before get the ps3 collection. I don't think you could spend $40 on a better game or two.
    Last edited by Ulfhedinn; 2011-10-01 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    I asked the similar question few months ago on another forum and received pretty similar replies, I believe the most "important" games have been covered here. However, with PS3 remember to check the store for PS1 classics. Even without nostalgia there are some great titles, most loved by me would be CTR aka Crash Team Racing, a Mario kart-style game (it's actually quite a ripoff but it does everything better than Mario, in my opinion). A great game to play with a friend or few at your place and it only costs about 5 euros. Get it!

Deleted
    Disgaea 3
    Ar Tonelico
    White knight 2 (comes free with 1 unless you like trophies in which case get 1 seperately cos the free remastered 1 has none)
    Assassin's creed
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed Reveleations (out in november)
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham city (out in october)
    Final Fantasy XIII (1 disc not six :P)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Warhammer Space Marine
    Dragon Age Origins
    Dragon Age 2
    Demon Soul

I could go on for hours :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    (while not PS3 exclusive i recomend all of these)

Assassins Creed 1
    Assassins Creed 2
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    and reserve Assassins Creed Revelations ^_^
    Final Fantasy XIII (and reserve part 2 :O)
    All of the Fable games

O and you should download the demo for Katherine, wierd fun game (afaik the complete game isnt out yet)
    if your a fan of the FF games from the PS1 and PS2 era DON'T BUY FFXIII, its crap.
    FFXIIIvs. ,don't ask about squareenix's naming policy... i don't get it either, looks good though.

would definably get the resistance games, #3 is the sheer winner for shooters this week.
    gears3 was so boring i sent it back after 3 hours and demanded a refund.
    the weapons are so.... well stock. res3's machine gun shoots homing explosive bullets, and not missle style homing fifth element style homing bullets(you know what i'm talking about).
    the revolver shoot explosives, and the shotgun sets people on fire. there are 12 weapons total(if i counted right) all with alt fires(except for the hammer, cause its a hammer).
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-10-01 at 09:57 AM.

Dark Souls is all you're going to need because you will stop playing you ps3 for awhile after you die enough

Quote Originally Posted by Elesta View Post
    Dark Souls is all you're going to need because you will stop playing you ps3 for awhile after you die enough
    only 3 days... i can't fucking wait to get it!
    finally a challenging action/RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only read the OP, but I played the PS3 for a good 4+ years and I can tell you know that there are some series you just do not want to miss:

(Picks 1-3 are my top favorites)

Uncharted Series (1)
    God of War (They made remakes for 1 and 2 so get those and play the 3rd) (3)
    Killzone Series
    Resistance Series
    Infamous Series (2)

Now off topic a bit, pick up Red Dead Redemption. This game is disgustingly gross. I loved every minute I was playing it!

Assassins Creed 2. Mind you, I did not play the first one, but the second one I spent TONS of time playing. Go for the Platinum on this game, it gets really fun.

EDIT: Holy fuck, how could I forget probably the hardest game that I have received the Platinum for...Batman Arkham Asylum. This game is reallllly fun to play if you try to go for all the stuff.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-10-01 at 10:29 AM.

GTA5
    KILLZONE series
    MGS series
    Resistance series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Any exclusive.

The PS3 has the best exclusives if you don't count the older franchises of Nintendo.
    Lair sayeth hello

Deleted
    buy atleat the new MW3 for sure, without that game the console games are bored.. but thats my opion

Quote Originally Posted by Korhal View Post
    God of War series and Littlebigplanet 2 as others said. Also, Heavy Rain.
    Couldnt much more agree. But I'd prefer GOW III, since Im not much into this retro style

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    if your a fan of the FF games from the PS1 and PS2 era DON'T BUY FFXIII, its crap.
    FFXIIIvs. ,don't ask about squareenix's naming policy... i don't get it either, looks good though.
    I played PS1 and PS2 Final Fantasy's and loved 13, favorite of the series actually and will be getting ff13-2. Not really sure how you can call them crap.

Definitely God of War III. It's just a very well put together game all around. And you fight huge things. What's not to like?

Also, I'd like to suggest that you reconsider 3D Dot Game Heroes. Although it has the classic game style to it, it also brings some newer mechanics that you don't really see in older games to the table as well, making it kind of a hybrid. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

Pre-Order Uncharted 3, the future Game of the Year, coming out in November.

Get Dark Souls, I got mine yesterday and it's highly addictive.