Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

T13 ret 2pc new bonus!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...t-bonuses-9-29

Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy Power.

Happy panda!

But what about the RNG?

Nah, I'm happy for you, hate it when I see rets spike +-3k just because of bad procs.

It's very nice to see that the devs are listening to us this time around. This should make Ret feel very similar to Prot with Holy Power generation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    But what about the RNG?

Nah, I'm happy for you, hate it when I see rets spike +-3k just because of bad procs.

RNG is still there,
    but this are steps in the right direction.
    If im not mistaken the old bonus was 50% to generate 1 HoPo?

This is a great change. I'm really happy with our set bonuses now. Now all I want to see is Judgement get a damage buff.

Thank the Naruu for this, really <.<

Divine Plea+Judgment on pull then 1 CS to get off a 3 HP Inq? That'll be nice instead of having to spend ~10 seconds hoping for a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    RNG is still there,
    but this are steps in the right direction.
    If im not mistaken the old bonus was 50% to generate 1 HoPo?
    Yes indeed rng is still there but this will be a source of steady HoPos and should smooth out the dps abit

Yes again, the old one was 50%

Deleted
    Someone will find someway to complain about this. I don't know how but they will.

Now if they didnt make 3 out of 5 tier pieces have ass ratings ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    Someone will find someway to complain about this. I don't know how but they will.

Nah, they'll bitch 4pc now, but yea i really wish they can make us less bursty, with a bit more sustained dps.
    But still this is another way to generate HoPo, which is always welcome!

Also i think this should be a tallent not a bonus, i mean what we're going to do after we have to change the set bonus?
    Back to crusader strike being our only HoPo generator, but i guess it will be the next expansion, and we'll get another redesign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Also i think this should be a tallent not a bonus, i mean what we're going to do after we have to change the set bonus?
    To be fair, they've made Set Bonuses into Talents before, look at what they did with Shamans. Can't remember the exact ones but i think both T9 and T8 were both added to them as Baseline talents and had the set bonuses changed or something. I can imagine they will end up doing something similar if this pans out nicely for Ret, which it should do.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much non-RNG Holy Power generation...I don't even know what I'll do with it all!

Glad to see this, nonetheless. Step in the right direction.

Keep in mind, t10 was pretty much a beta test for Cata's revamp of retribution, there's no reason to think this is any different.

They've changed Prot bonus also, from 30% to 25%. I think they'll buff judgement alot, because if they not, i can't see any difference between 30 and 25% of that small amount. Counting this, judgement can(will?) become top prio ability, not just a filler. even stronger than CS (without HoL)
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

I'm assuming that Divine Plea will just end up as 3 HoPo across the board. It helps Ret get up Inq, Prot with burst threat, and Holy would need to be clever with it (I don't see a WoG or LoD being worth losing the mana).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    So much non-RNG Holy Power generation...I don't even know what I'll do with it all!
    Icwutudidther! xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Now this is a nice change

This really does need to be made into a talent and not just a set bonus because, yes, it fixes a number of problems but only for those ret paladins raiding the T13 raid, making ret still bursty and crappy for everything else. And no this isnt a "i just want raid gear without raiding" post because aside from this set bonus i couldnt care less about the gear itself. This is an issue of ret being poorly designed atm and blizzard offering a fix to playability only to those who raid which is ridiculous. At least roll this set bonus into a talent somewhere and give a new set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    I'm assuming that Divine Plea will just end up as 3 HoPo across the board. It helps Ret get up Inq, Prot with burst threat, and Holy would need to be clever with it (I don't see a WoG or LoD being worth losing the mana).
    I was saying that for i dont know how many weeks now :/

Its just stupid (with pre prot tier swaping) how big difference dp proc on judgment pull makes, when you have 3 hp at start to go str8 away for zeal, it makes difference between (for example) 38-40 and 43-45 k dps on pull , insane..
    Having something like prot dp would be great to smooth ramp up time at start..

Anyhow , glad to see change on 2set bonus, now they need to do something with 4 set bonus, instead 12% during zeal, at least change for example, 22-25% dmg for XX seconds after your zeal ends or something, so we get more sustained dmg instead bigger burst...

It sucks that we need to fix something that isnt even up yet, instead focusing on things that are in game now and need fixing :/