Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Er you cant change your AC can you? have they said that? I thought they only having spec changing within your AC

Changing AC would be like changing class in WoW...want the abilty to switch to a healer at some point dont roll a hunter or a DK...same as in SWTOR dont roll a gunslinger/marauder
    Last edited by Osskssa; 2011-09-30 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Er you cant change your AC can you? have they said that? I thought they only having spec changing within your AC

Changing AC would be like changing class in WoW...want the abilty to switch to a healer at some point dont roll a hunter or a DK...same as in SWTOR dont roll a gunslinger/marauder
    http://www.askajedi.com/2011/07/21/s...ware-base-q-a/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chrqp...144B41&index=3 (as video)

"Advanced Class change is in the game. 1st swap is cheap. After that it gets expensive"
    Thats different from the "after certain level forever".

Imo its more better to have that ability because switching mains even if the core-class is same because of nerfs, buffs or "we need tank today go to your juggernaught instead of your marauder". Its bit too punishing to either force players to pick "2 role" class or "well I made mistake on this AC better reroll same core-class all together, sigh"
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-09-30 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    As far as I am aware, you have 8 slots per server. Thats what I had on the Testing phase in July. And Looking back, that was not covered by an NDA.

All I need is at least 1 slot per each AC. 8 per server would be fine. 8 republic ACs adn 8 empire ACs. That's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Oh, trust me. it will be at 50. Even if BW is saying now that it won't. It will be. That's how things roll in MMORPGs.
    Oh, trust me. It will not get anywhere close to 50. And, besides giving you my word that I'm right, I have proof:

Let's think about WoW for a moment. You know why they have never given us more than 10 character slots even after countless requests from the playerbase? It is a logistical problem. Here is some meta math: 10 million accounts. 15 characters per account (includes all servers, all levels). The amount of data they have to store for every single character is not a lot if you look at a single character, but when you are talking about 150 million characters, that matters.

So, 50 character limit for SWTOR? First of all, there are only 8 classes, 16 advanced classes. I can't figure out a reason why one would need 50 character slots to begin with, but let's just do the math just for fun. Let's start with the 8 characters per server to get an idea of what will be going on. 2 million accounts. The number of characters the average player has is anyone's guess, but for the sake of the example, let's use a total of 6 on the account during a time post launch. We're already talking about 12 million characters full of data that needs to be stored.

So, 50 characters per server? Let's assume the average person will use 20 of those. (Why? I have no idea) That is 40 million characters. Even at a fraction of Blizzard's numbers, that is still a massive amount of hardware required to hold all of that data.
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2011-10-01 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    Oh, trust me. It will not get anywhere close to 50. And, besides giving you my word that I'm right, I have proof:

Let's think about WoW for a moment. You know why they have never given us more than 10 character slots even after countless requests from the playerbase? It is a logistical problem. Here is some meta math: 10 million accounts. 15 characters per account (includes all servers, all levels). The amount of data they have to store for every single character is not a lot if you look at a single character, but when you are talking about 150 million characters, that matters.

So, 50 character limit for SWTOR? First of all, there are only 8 classes, 16 advanced classes. I can't figure out a reason why one would need 50 character slots to begin with, but let's just do the math just for fun. Let's start with the 8 characters per server to get an idea of what will be going on. 2 million accounts. The number of characters the average player has is anyone's guess, but for the sake of the example, let's use a total of 6 on the account during a time post launch. We're already talking about 12 million characters full of data that needs to be stored.

So, 50 characters per server? Let's assume the average person will use 20 of those. (Why? I have no idea) That is 40 million characters. Even at a fraction of Blizzard's numbers, that is still a massive amount of hardware required to hold all of that data.
    50 char total limit like inwow

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, trust me. It will not get anywhere close to 50.
    My 50 is a 50 as in level 50 as in changing AC at level 50. Not as in 50 character limit per server.

lol 50 char slots...baffling

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 06:32 PM ----------

You can have 50 chars on your account tho cant you, spread over 5 servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    You can have 50 chars on your account tho cant you, spread over 5 servers?
    Yes, in both WoW and SWTOR.

How do you know that on SWTOR? seems a strange number if its 8 per server no?

Was hoping for 16, but what can I do.

Deleted
    8 is fair enough, you can make every class to check it out :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    8 is fair enough, you can make every class to check it out :P
    Fully agree with this. If you dont like a class, then you can delete and then reroll a class.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    My 50 is a 50 as in level 50 as in changing AC at level 50. Not as in 50 character limit per server.
    It's funny how he wrote that long response and didn't even know what he was responding to. This was a fair mistake since you brought up a totally unrelated question in this thread.