Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My biggest complaint with GW 1 is how the game pigeonholes players into playing certain profession/skill setup. The game has been out too long and people figured out the best team/skill setups for each dungeon, and this leads to people unwilling to run normal groups, instead only willing to run meta builds:

For example, I was mainly focused on playing my warrior when I started and warrior is a dps profession taken for Hundred Blades skill and it's only taken mainly Fissure of Foe and sometimes The Deep (2 out of 5 elite areas), the rest of the time, you either 1) switch to another character of appropriate profession or 2) you don't get invited or 3) beg your friends/guild mates to take you and make the run longer than normal.

To people that like to focus on one main character, this is kind of like Vanilla WoW where if you are not a warrior, you didn't tank, except this is an even worse in GW1 and I hope the same will not happen in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaoly View Post
    My biggest complaint with GW 1 is how the game pigeonholes players into playing certain profession/skill setup. The game has been out too long and people figured out the best team/skill setups for each dungeon, and this leads to people unwilling to run normal groups, instead only willing to run meta builds:

For example, I was mainly focused on playing my warrior when I started and warrior is a dps profession taken for Hundred Blades skill and it's only taken mainly Fissure of Foe and sometimes The Deep (2 out of 5 elite areas), the rest of the time, you either 1) switch to another character of appropriate profession or 2) you don't get invited or 3) beg your friends/guild mates to take you and make the run longer than normal.

To people that like to focus on one main character, this is kind of like Vanilla WoW where if you are not a warrior, you didn't tank, except this is an even worse in GW1 and I hope the same will not happen in GW2.
    This shouldn't happen in GW2, but my god was is bad in GW1, as a monk it's not just a question of only being invited to heal. It's only being invited if you are one of two cookie cutter builds. LFG UA/HB. Bane of my existence... being told what spec to roll doesn't bode well with me. Needless to say I never got into many groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    This shouldn't happen in GW2, but my god was is bad in GW1, as a monk it's not just a question of only being invited to heal. It's only being invited if you are one of two cookie cutter builds. LFG UA/HB. Bane of my existence... being told what spec to roll doesn't bode well with me. Needless to say I never got into many groups.
    You said it. It's the reason that I stopped playing high-end content after 4 years and just went casual with the game and in the end, traded it for WoW. I was extremely happy when I read 3 Engineers and 2 thieves could clear a Dungeon without real difficulties. Bring the player, not the class. Wonderful.

Deleted
    Thats why GW2 is coming..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Thats why GW2 is coming..
    Not really... the reason why they started with Guild Wars is that after Nightfall and at the development of GW:EN AND After the cancelling of Guild Wars Utopia. They realized that the game couldn't develop in the way that they want to. And this started with Dynamic Events and Free Roaming, this all expanded in what GW2 is now. The reason why it all took 4-5 years to develop.

Only after Eye of the North and the announcement of GW2, Guild Wars 1 started to become even worse, and started to even annoy me. With all the daily stuff to be done, redo all the missions, all the consumables, PvE skills stuff. Making the game, nothing what it should be.

Guild Wars 2, takes it back to the roots. Make the original story, original again, and adding the other parts like Factions and Nightfall.. as a basic story. Not as some extra rushed content (they wanted to release a new game every 16-18 months). Glad they didn't.

I quit Guild Wars for 2 years and came back to it a little over a month ago. After i got a hang of the controls i loved it all over again. So, i have nothing really bad to say about Guild Wars currently. :P

I played the game religiously for almost 2 years during my WoW intermission between Vanilla and TBC. Coming back to GW1 for those HoM rewards was rough after 3ish years of not even touching the game, I agree that it did not age well whatsoever. It can still be fun but meh.... would much rather play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I played the game religiously for almost 2 years during my WoW intermission between Vanilla and TBC. Coming back to GW1 for those HoM rewards was rough after 3ish years of not even touching the game, I agree that it did not age well whatsoever. It can still be fun but meh.... would much rather play WoW.
    I feel quite the opposite on this. I played WoW for a year and a half, but came back to GW and won't touch WoW again. Although i will admit, with all of the years i've put into GW already, it does get a tad boring. Still, would rather play GW over WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    I feel quite the opposite on this. I played WoW for a year and a half, but came back to GW and won't touch WoW again. Although i will admit, with all of the years i've put into GW already, it does get a tad boring. Still, would rather play GW over WoW.
    The only reason why I left GW for WoW is because my computer couldn't load certain parts of Nightfall and EotN, and after coming back the only truly boring parts are like the first few missions in each campaign (the starter missions).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    The only reason why I left GW for WoW is because my computer couldn't load certain parts of Nightfall and EotN, and after coming back the only truly boring parts are like the first few missions in each campaign (the starter missions).
    Funny, reason i played GW first instead of WoW was to due with my computer not loading it. I will agree the starter missions can be boring, but they are "starter" missions for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    Funny, reason i played GW first instead of WoW was to due with my computer not loading it. I will agree the starter missions can be boring, but they are "starter" missions for a reason.
    The starter missions are boring mainly because there's only so much they can throw at a person who's just starting, along with the limited number of players allowed into the missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The starter missions are boring mainly because there's only so much they can throw at a person who's just starting, along with the limited number of players allowed into the missions.
    Chabek and Minister Cho's Estate are the worst... Fuggin Togo...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Chabek and Minister Cho's Estate are the worst... Fuggin Togo...
    At least Chabek can be completed under 5 minutes, but Faction missions are long as hell, Cho's Estate, Zen Daijun, Vizunah Square, hate them all.

Oh and that also reminded me how I dislike the newest content patch Wind of Change. Some of my guild/alliance mates thought that was like the best thing ever. I played for a few missions, it's just full of the same old missions on the same old maps with the same old mobs (the worst mobs in the game, afflicted), but more of them to pretend it's some kind of challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started GW1 again, and yeah, the tutorial zones were slow and painful to get through, but when I got to Lion's Arch and the Eye of the North stuff it became insanely fun. Haven't started Nightfall or Factions yet, but GW1 is just a very different game and doesn't appeal to everyone like an action combat MMORPG can.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I personally (still) love gw1. So much to do and I really enjoy the skill system and the secondary professions to create so many builds etc.
    But I can see why people find it hard to play, especially when you played a MMO before which is more multiplayer based.

I can only say that , from the looks of it (Demo's etc) , Gw2 will be even better and a lot of fun.
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"