Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard's effort on gear design

This is just a little personal rant of mine. Please don't hate on my sentence structure etc.

My friend who twinks at level 70 is getting me into live again and wants to me to play a level 70 paladin (off topic). I started to check out mmo-champion and the forums and got a look at all the new pvp gear and literally face palmed pretty hard. The reason i play level 60 and 70 content is because of the armors, when i play i want to look like a bad ass and thats exactly what vanilla and B.c content gives me. So now you heard my rant and why i absolutely hate the new armor and how i hate blizzard for being lazy, feel free top post your opinions and give me some feed back on what you think about past present and possible future armor in World of Warcraft.

Mod Note: Don't discuss private servers on this site.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2011-09-30 at 01:20 AM.

You honestly think the new pvp gear is that bad? Cant tell if serious or trolling. This is the best lineup of pvp sets ive ever seen.

I strongly disagree.

Also, you not liking the armor = Blizzard being lazy? Not really following the math there, considering there's more detail in, for example, the S11 paladin shoulders than in all of the Grand Marshal gear combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now you heard my rant and why i absolutely hate the new armor and how i hate blizzard for being lazy
    Actually, I'm not quite sure what you're posting about. You certainly haven't made it clear why you think Blizzard is lazy, or why you hate the new armor.

I think the new pvp sets are great - I certainly like the look better than any of the pve ones. I can understand why some people might not like the paladin set - its got a kind of 'ruined divinity' vibe going, it's quite a departure from previous sets, people have different tastes so it might not be for everyone.

But I can't understand why anyone would think it is somehow 'lazy,' however.

Good news, you will able to use Transmog in the next patch

So all the effort was put on mog and no effort in gear design, how care about gear design now since you will be able to transmog

10+ Year Old Account
    Though the old sets look cool for their nostalgic value I find that the newer gear sets have had even more detail than ever and look amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin Season 11 gear looks freking amazing, what are you talking about? This set screams Paladin, and the detail is amazing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The designs in Wrath and Cata have much more detail than BC and Vanilla sets, I don't see how anyone can say they're being lazy.

personally I think the first few tier sets look like utter crap. The BC sets look pretty nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspyre View Post
    You honestly think the new pvp gear is that bad? Cant tell if serious or trolling. This is the best lineup of pvp sets ive ever seen.
    Oh god, the new Paladin Season 11 gear is fucking AMAZING, not going to lie. It's possibly the BEST set we've EVER seen hands down, including being better than Judgement. I hope they remove this set ASAP, so only a few players have it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Oh god, the new Paladin Season 11 gear is fucking AMAZING, not going to lie. It's possibly the BEST set we've EVER seen hands down, including being better than Judgement. I hope they remove this set ASAP, so only a few players have it tbh.
    I'm actually tempted to roll a paladin, and pvp (and I hate pvp) just to get that gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Considering its going to be the PvP set untill the next expansion comes out, and the last of this expansion... it will be available untill the game ends, just like the last PvP set of wrath and BC are still available.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC PvP gear, wasn't that just taking the tiers and giving them a new color? Also you're misleading yourself by thinking the gear looked great. Only certain pieces looked great, the rest looked like... stuff that took little imagination to come up with. You cant just look at like say t2 or t5/6 and say "Gee that expansion was full of great looking armor!" because that is a lie. For any item that looked nice there were at least 5 that looked dumb. Remember how fury warriors called their armor sets clown suits? Because they had every color of the rainbow in it and looked awful. Only once you get to the very top of raiding/pvping did you get to look decent.

And it is obvious from the results of PvP gear now compared to pre BC/BC that they're putting a lot more effort into it. I don't really understand how you came to the conclusion that they're putting in less effort. Just because you think a set doesn't look great doesn't mean it didn't take effort to create. I think this is just a case of viewing the past only focusing on a few good things and ignoring the huge flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the paladin set reminds me of, just a little bit?

http://www.renders-graphiques.fr/ima...ders_war-1.png
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ladin_male.jpg

Just a little. Probably the hood.

Blizzard's effort on gear design...
    Is too small... There's a 3-6 sets every patch that looks good, and that's including both PvP and PvE sets.
    The rest of them looks like the old TBC Dungeon sets, or Gundrak + Drak'Tharon leveling sets, or just a reskin of an older version of another classes set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But how can you hate Paladin S11?

I'd say it wipes the floor with any set Paladins had to this day. Including Judgement.

The other class sets aren't bad either. In general, these are the most original and well designed PvP sets the game has seen. A lot of sets from both Wrath and Cataclysm, at least in my opinion, look much better than some Classic and TBC sets.

I guess it's indeed, each to his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Wel we've got transmogrification now so no more lame excuses and QQ'ing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwoops View Post
    Wel we've got transmogrification now so no more lame excuses and QQ'ing
    Oh yeah... and that. I've been too forgetfull lately <.<

Like Shwoops said, even if you don't like how it looks: transmogrify it into whatever it is that pleases your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin S11 gear just might be one of the coolest looking sets ever.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this gear, mob, and zone design philosophy sticks, I will play WoW forever. <3
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)