1. CPU cooler, the corsair H100. Curent: Stock LGA1155
    2. PSU Corsair AX850, or Seasonic X850 Curent: OCZ ModXtreme pro 500W
    3. A second GTX470 or a next gen card Curent: Single GTX 470
    4. Crucial M4 64GB SSD for SRT
    5. An Ivy-Bridge CPU Curent: I5-2500k
    6. Another 2x4gb sticks of corsair 1600MHZ vengeance Ram
    7. Watercooling.
    8. Faster network, 3MB/s atm.
    Last edited by kailtas; 2011-09-30 at 09:11 AM.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Faster internet then 500kb/s
    Another GTX 580
    Better headset/headphones

The only thing I want/need is a better graphics card...my gt220 is a piece of crap. It must be replaced before GW2 is released!

10+ Year Old Account
    in a "perfect" world of justifying more money on it without even needing to spend it but just coz it would be cool:

1. 5.1 or 7.1 speaker setup, or a really nifty headset
    2. sli, nto so fussed, but wouldn't mind running a couple gtx 570s
    3. a working motherboard >.>
    4. could add another 8 gig of ram, just for the hell of it
    5. suppose i could go for a bigger ssd too, but 64 gig is fine for all but the bigger games, runs every other program with acres of space left

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    I would have gotten this instead: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7282-...wconfigure=yes Seeing as you seemingly are going all out, the Sager is a better machine. Also, judging others is a normal, it's part of our thought mechanism.

Likely... won't need this. It's going to be hot either way and I will assume for now that Dell puts in semi decent fans like my NP7280 has. That and it's likely not really designed to fit on one.
    I checked out the Sager and configured it. Price ended up coming out about the same ($80 extra for BLUETOOTH!). Decent system but not as aestetically appealing as the M18x chassis. I know for most that's minor, but I just can't stand semi generic looking systems. The CPU is more powerful but demands more power which is why they recommend the more expensive second power adapter . Everything else appears pretty good. Also I spent $2972.02 USD ($0.02, really Dell, really!?) so I didn't quite go all out, but the systems are comparable besides the CPU. I've noticed that the i7 920 on my desktop (1st gen) is handling everything I throw at it exceptionally well, so I don't think there will be any issues with this mobile i7 of the newest generation (Came out in Jan I believe). I have no regrets still even after seeing a system thats a tad more powerful than the Sager. To me though, it's like offering me the choice between a 300 HP Honda Civic or a 300 HP Ford Mustang with somehow (totally theoretical) the exact same internal specs (Red I might add ). I'm so going to choose the Mustang over the Civic, because I love the design! That's how I am with some* alienware models. The M18x takes the bill. I don't like alot of the desktops so I am sporting an Alienware Area-51 X-58 (Only paid $1k for a 9800GT SLi system about 2 years ago). Also I meant more like don't judge the alienware choice because i've seen threads turn to mush and moderators go crazy when anyone starts talking about Alienware...
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice new 3d screen :P

Eyefinity setup
    Liquid cooling
    Better graphics card
    More storage
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

a 3rd monitor and a second gpu to plug it into! Maybe SSD at some point, but not that bothered atm

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Way too much stuff missing...

Tower:
    - Asus Xonar to replace aging SB X-Fi PCI.
    - another 8GB Ripjaws X kit.
    - i7 2600K because I seem to be running more VM's than I used to, so it might acually be justified now.
    - Second U2311H IPS.

Server:
    - New case, probably Fractal Design Define XL (CM690 isn't cutting it anymore, not enough drive bays and poor airflow over them)
    - PCIe x8 dual port gigabit NiC
    - some type of SAS RAID card.
    - 2TB WD Cav Black for file storage, second 1TB Cav Blue for system array. Switching both current 2TB Cav Greens to mirror each for backup.
    - 990GX board + 8 thread Bulldozer when released.
    - 2 new 8gb DDR3 kits to replace the current, not so good cheap mushkin 8gb kit.

That's all I can think of atm.
    red panda red panda red panda!

What I've got :
    -Good Peripherals
    -Fast interwebs (75down/50up)
    -A suitable for now computer
    What I want :
    - Multi-Monitors, atleast 2, wouldnt mind 3.
    - a better GPU. Something along the lines of a 6950.
    - 2gb more RAM to be safe.
    - At the end of next month, i'm going to do a general rearrangement of my room, looking to move my desk to the corner.
    - A Desktop Amplifier/DAC.
    - Mabye a little more HDD space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    A couple more HDD's and a larger SSD would probably do

Shorter Term
    -A better CPU HSF (I regret buying my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev2 because I didn't do my homework at the time)
    -Another GTX 460 1GB to run in SLI which means I need...
    -A new MOBO that doesn't run in x16/x4 mode when using SLI

Longer Term
    -Replace my original Antec 900 case for something with much better cable management options and a roomier inside

New headset....

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    - New case, probably Fractal Design Define XL (CM690 isn't cutting it anymore, not enough drive bays and poor airflow over them)
    While the XL definitely has more drive bays, the airflow isn't that great either. The rear cage in the bottom chamber doesn't get much airflow at all (originally had my Caviar Black 1TB in there, ran at around 45-50C when being used), and the front one isn't amazing either with the stock front fan in the bottom most intake fan spot. Overall I'd say my HDDs run around 5C hotter in my Define XL than they did in the CM690II Advanced I had before (I assume the original 690 has a similar fan setup) I haven't tried different fans in that bottom intake spot though, I assume a better fan would improve things.

Personally, my setup is basically complete for what I use it for. There's always the crazy expensive stuff like a triple monitor setup and/or a second GTX 580 for SLI, or even water cooling for MOAR CLOCKS!!... but lately between work and school I haven't had much time for gaming, so all those would be a waste for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. A new monitor to replace my 3-4 year old 19" non widescreen monitor. Ordered a 23" LED Asus monitor from Newegg and it will be here monday!
    2. A new CPU and mobo to replace my Phenom II 955 BE. Getting new CPU and mobo by the end of the year (thinking about a Gigabyte G1 Sniper2).
    3. Corsair H100 to go with the new CPU
    4. Corsair Obsidian 800D

I am more than pleased with my GTX 570 classified so no need for a new GPU

Planning on getting everything by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Isendar View Post
    I checked out the Sager and configured it. Price ended up coming out about the same ($80 extra for BLUETOOTH!). Decent system but not as aestetically appealing as the M18x chassis. I know for most that's minor, but I just can't stand semi generic looking systems. The CPU is more powerful but demands more power which is why they recommend the more expensive second power adapter . Everything else appears pretty good. Also I spent $2972.02 USD ($0.02, really Dell, really!?) so I didn't quite go all out, but the systems are comparable besides the CPU. I've noticed that the i7 920 on my desktop (1st gen) is handling everything I throw at it exceptionally well, so I don't think there will be any issues with this mobile i7 of the newest generation (Came out in Jan I believe). I have no regrets still even after seeing a system thats a tad more powerful than the Sager. To me though, it's like offering me the choice between a 300 HP Honda Civic or a 300 HP Ford Mustang with somehow (totally theoretical) the exact same internal specs (Red I might add ). I'm so going to choose the Mustang over the Civic, because I love the design! That's how I am with some* alienware models. The M18x takes the bill. I don't like alot of the desktops so I am sporting an Alienware Area-51 X-58 (Only paid $1k for a 9800GT SLi system about 2 years ago). Also I meant more like don't judge the alienware choice because i've seen threads turn to mush and moderators go crazy when anyone starts talking about Alienware...
    The reason for the extra AC Adapter is that they are 300W. The i7 extreme Desktop CPUs, first gen, have a TDP of 300W, and for example, the 480Ms in mine are 100W each, that's barely enough(I only need the one adapter). The newer and faster cards use more, like the 580M and 6990. That's why there's a second adapter(that and to allow overclocking), many still wish they would have just offered an alternate 400W or even 500W adapter that you could get instead. But the thing is huge as it is. I can't really go along with comparing a Civic to a Mustang, even internally they're worlds apart. But I like my computer to look like a computer. I have never needed looks to show it off and get gasps of "wow" out of it. And to me personally, anything flashy would actually detract me from using it. That and when I know a company is charging me more for something, far more than the actual value of the hardware + labor, it just pushes me away. Like Origin with Sagers. Sure they customize more than most Sager Retailers, but the premium is too much. A last note on the desktop CPU, since the machine is for gaming, it rarely moves.

But again, people are going to judge the choice normally, it's not something you can stop, it's normal. They will see you bought an AlienWare, make a judgement. See your reasoning, maybe change said judgement. If they knew you in RL that judgement might be different as well. I make this statement only because I get tired of seeing the "don't judge" phrase when it's totally normal and healthy for people to do so.

My judgement when I saw that was that you had money to throw away, moreso than what I consider normal. If the extra they skimmed off the top from you went to make the laptop better, then it would be fine.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    While the XL definitely has more drive bays, the airflow isn't that great either. The rear cage in the bottom chamber doesn't get much airflow at all (originally had my Caviar Black 1TB in there, ran at around 45-50C when being used), and the front one isn't amazing either with the stock front fan in the bottom most intake fan spot. Overall I'd say my HDDs run around 5C hotter in my Define XL than they did in the CM690II Advanced I had before (I assume the original 690 has a similar fan setup) I haven't tried different fans in that bottom intake spot though, I assume a better fan would improve things.

Personally, my setup is basically complete for what I use it for. There's always the crazy expensive stuff like a triple monitor setup and/or a second GTX 580 for SLI, or even water cooling for MOAR CLOCKS!!... but lately between work and school I haven't had much time for gaming, so all those would be a waste for me.
    Hrm, I was also thinking of one of the higher end Antec Darkfleet cases as well.
    red panda red panda red panda!