Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767

    Lightbulb Why wow is getting boring

    Wow is getting boring. The game suffers from a bigger problem. The underlining mechanics of the game have gotten boring. Wow needs changes in game philosophy and direction. Blizzard needs to shake up the core of wow.

    One of the reasons why I think core mechanics have gotten so boring is because we have had the same designers for like 6 years straight? You need new blood and new leadership thrown in from time to time to shake things up and keep them from being stale.

    Eventually having the same designers gets to the point were nothing truly new gets introduced just rehashed stuff we have already did a million times over.

    This echoes a lot like my signature below which was originally created by none other than Albert Einstein.

  2. #2
    And only now you realize that.

  3. #3
    i dont know about you but im still find the game fun to play even after 6 years and i have no plans on quitting.

  4. #4
    Why wow is getting boring.
    >Not enough dirge spam.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    371
    apparently activision taking over a year and a half ago didn't put them under new leadership? honestly a lot new things have come out of this expansion.

  6. #6
    Warchief Kivimetsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A fascistic nightmare...
    Posts
    2,195
    How are we doing the same things over and over again???? Firelands is so unique and im enjoying it, mabye just quit and stop spamming this crap?

  7. #7
    The game is not the problem, it's the players. When you've played the same game for years of course it's gonna get old. The game's not changed, you have.

  8. #8
    The Patient Phocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    277
    Why WoW is getting boring: People stopped listening to my opinions because they realized I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,702
    Wow isn't getting boring this thread is clearly biased
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Porimlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,745
    I'm not bored, speak for yourself.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Yeovil, UK.
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    How are we doing the same things over and over again???? Firelands is so unique and im enjoying it, mabye just quit and stop spamming this crap?
    Except Ragnaros is a boss from vanilla.......and is the last boss in firelands but meh.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Buutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,197
    If Blizz gets some "new blood", the game will prolly change too much and people will QQ/quit for that reason.

    And I guess you're one of those players that never did progression raids and QQ about that?

  13. #13
    The Patient razisgosu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fuwa Fuwa Time
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by rhslol View Post
    The game is not the problem, it's the players. When you've played the same game for years of course it's gonna get old. The game's not changed, you have.
    The game and player base has changed a LOT over the years. Players used to know how to play the game and kill bosses and play their character, now we have a bunch of blathering idiots running around using int gems as DK's and tanking in PVP gear because it's purple.(before someone tries to flame, I know this is ALMOST viable for a druid.)

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer Buutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosu View Post
    Except Ragnaros is a boss from vanilla.......and is the last boss in firelands but meh.
    We're "killing" him again because we didnt kill him the first time. Simple as that.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    The game and player base has changed a LOT over the years. Players used to know how to play the game and kill bosses and play their character, now we have a bunch of blathering idiots running around using int gems as DK's and tanking in PVP gear because it's purple.(before someone tries to flame, I know this is ALMOST viable for a druid.)
    You should take off your nostalgia goggles. Things were no better then than now. If anything the game's better than it used to be.

  16. #16
    im not bored of wow im just annoyed that the devs are getting lazy, like using reskins all the mounts that drop from firelands are all reskins

    fire anzu - basically anzu but on fire easier to get normal anzu takes like 2 mins to get to him and about the same to kill
    corrupted millagzor and normal millagzor = basically just a proto drake on fire

    i hope some people ask some good questiosn at blizzcon i know i am via twitter as im watching it at home

  17. #17
    The Patient Phocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Wow is getting boring. The game suffers from a bigger problem. The underlining mechanics of the game have gotten boring. Wow needs changes in game philosophy and direction. Blizzard needs to shake up the core of wow.

    One of the reasons why I think core mechanics have gotten so boring is because we have had the same designers for like 6 years straight? You need new blood and new leadership thrown in from time to time to shake things up and keep them from being stale.

    Eventually having the same designers gets to the point were nothing truly new gets introduced just rehashed stuff we have already did a million times over.

    This echoes a lot like my signature below which was originally created by none other than Albert Einstein.
    Hey, remember when you posted this same exact thing about the Raid Finder and the thread was closed? If you don't remember, here's what your earlier post said

    Wow is dying and I don't believe raid finder is gonna save it. The game suffers from a bigger problem. The underlining mechanics of the game have gotten boring. Wow needs changes in game philosophy and direction. Blizzard needs to shake up the core of wow.

    One of the reasons why I think core mechanics have gotten so boring is because we have had the same designers for like 6 years straight? You need new blood and new leadership thrown in from time to time to shake things up and keep them from being stale.

    Eventually having the same designers gets to the point were nothing truly new gets introduced just rehashed stuff we have already did a million times over.

    This echoes a lot like my signature below which was originally created by none other than Albert Einstein.
    I bolded the rehashed shit you claim to hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

  18. #18
    Dreadlord Asics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Seattle, WA
    Posts
    885
    Can people who say things like "WoW is getting boring," "WoW is dying," etc. suggest ways to improve it? Please?

    I am enjoying the direction WoW is taking. There are aspects that could be improved but it's still a 8.9/10 in my opinion. Not bad for 7 years.
    I drink craft beer, listen to a broad spectrum of music, and am an avid Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco Giants fan!

  19. #19
    High Overlord Spott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    158
    Hey! i enjoy beating dead horses! lets make another qq thread about the same thing ok? yay! every1 loses! im soo excited!
    You can not incorporate sarcasm over text

  20. #20
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,733
    The core is just fine if you actually do more than just watch health bars and how far you are in comparison to DREAM Paragon.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •