Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One group bitches about things being the same, another bitches about things changing...

Welcome to the real world where people have differing opinions and are forced to learn to compromise to get anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

The fact that some of the original players are still around after 6 yrs or so is testament to the great work the devs have done in keeping people engaged. However there is an end to their ability to keep people entertained without a total revamp of the game as players become bored with the mechanics etc. I think it is a matter of individual needs and what people want out of the game...boredom is an "individual" judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    "WoW is boring" and "I'm getting bored with WoW" are two different things. It's probably the second case.
    Haven't you hear, it's cool to talk in definite terms as if individual opinion is fact. If I hate something, obviously everyone feels the same way... right?

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 12:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbugga View Post
    The fact that some of the original players are still around after 6 yrs or so is testament to the great work the devs have done in keeping people engaged. However there is an end to their ability to keep people entertained without a total revamp of the game as players become bored with the mechanics etc. I think it is a matter of individual needs and what people want out of the game...boredom is an "individual" judgement.
    This doesn't mention the constant influx of new players coming in everyday...
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

When your sucessful with something then you don't try to change it. As long as the majoraty still pay for the game then there is no point of drastically changing it.

Take call of duty for example. The game is the same....freaking thing....every new release is almost identical to the previous with some new additions. And it sucks. Why not change it then? Because people are stupid enough to continue to buy the new games over and over supporting the company and making them rich.

WoW isn't a bad game, but it is the same freaking thing over...and over....and over again. We get a big patch about every 5-6 months right? What do we get? Some fixes, a new raid, and a couple new additions....nothing that really changes the game, just adds on to it. Then people are content for a few months, some shorter, some longer, and then they add some more new things.

The problem is that NOTHING is getting changed. On some points that's good. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I play WoW to group with people and do dungeons, quest and pvp. If it changed so drastically then I probably would stop playing.

But then there's a point where it gets so freaking repetitive that you just can't do it anymore. WoW has so much potential but keeps staying with the linear plan. Add some stuff, make players content for a while, then count the money. over and over again. And this will continue to work until....if ever....another game dares to do something different and succeeds. Dunno, that's WoWs only problem, if there is another game that comes out that isn't complete garbage then they are going to lose a lot of subs.

I myself don't really have any other MMOs to play and play WoW quite seldom now. My RL friends that play and the few joyous times in battlegrounds or doing achievements make it worth my 15 bucks a month, but I'm on a pretty fine line here and if ANYTHING comes out that is even remotely better then WoW then I am putting my money there. Until then, enjoy my 15 bucks a month Activision-Blizzard. I still hurt supporting the A word =/
    Every class that can kill me is OP, nerf plz.
    Every class i can kill is fine, dont buff plz.

How many threads are there like this ? It's almost as if people want WoW to fail... like people take it out on blizzard that they play WoW.. then don't play in my honest opinion. Either have constructive suggestions for blizzard or play something else. The whole of WoW will not change for one person's viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    How many threads are there like this ? It's almost as if people want WoW to fail... like people take it out on blizzard that they play WoW.. then don't play in my honest opinion. Either have constructive suggestions for blizzard or play something else. The whole of WoW will not change for one person's viewpoint.
    You're giving these people too much credit. It's about attention, and you and I both give it to them by continually posting in these threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    People are still spewing this garbage?

The fights are 100% different and you say it's a rehash? /facepalm
    People only say that content is rehashed if they've never seen the bosses they're saying are rehashed. This thread is like all the others. Same shit, different pile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Deleted
    I haven't played in like 5 months, character model updates and account wide achievements would get me back.
    But for now...meh, probably just wait until the next expac.

The problem isn't the design, isn't because some content is rehashed, the problem is the gameplay mechanic, daily, dungeon, raid, cap X point, next week, same thing, next patch, same thing, next expansion, same thing, of Course it's become boring ¬¬
    Last edited by Ikkarus; 2011-09-30 at 04:22 AM.

Deleted
    I find the combat of the game interesting, but everything outside combat has been destroyed i feel.

This is all due to insanely fast mounts and portals left right and center harthstones every half hour and then the mass guild summons. i have a lovely mount and all i use it for honestly is farming and sprinting from portals to raids and thats only if i dont get mass summoned. Our characters are fat we need to trek more, blizzard went through all that trouble of redoing old world and i can honestly say i still have never explored it all. more rewards for actualy exploring world bosses with max level gear would spark competition among guilds and get players actively involved in the game the idea of raiding 8-12 gets old fast, add some randomness to the game, its the same old stuff day in day out. I didnt even watch the intro for cata (was downloading slow) until i was in SW and looking for the park to finish a quest i had since wrath. All that hard work from blizzard and none of it is actually being used to potential.

If your max level there should be max level mobs everywhere there should elite zones where you Fear to go alone, soloing is fun but i miss that feeling i had when levelling, like caution mixed with planning with a bit of hope. the game is so predictable its has gone stale and i spend my time on wow practising movements in storm wind trying to jump onto every lamppost i can on my mount and i do some free running off rooftops also. I can make it from the city wall to the bank while crossing the main road in to sw. I am not alone i know a number of people who do the same repetitive motions in SW while killing time.
    Last edited by mmoc88079bcae7; 2011-09-30 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superp View Post
    I find the combat of the game interesting, but everything outside combat has been destroyed i feel.

This is all due to insanely fast mounts and portals left right and center harthstones every half hour and then the mass guild summons. i have the lovely mount and all i use it for honestly is farming and sprinting from portals to raids and thats only if i dont get mass summoned. Our characters are fat we need to trek more blizzard went through all that trouble of redoing old world and i can honestly say i still have never explored it all. more rewards for actualy exploring world bosses with max level gear would spark competition among guilds and get players actively involved in the game the idea of raiding 8-12 gets old fast, add some randomness to the game, its the same old stuff day in day out. I didnt even watch the intro for cata until i was in SW and looking for the park to finish a quest i had since wrath. All that hard work from blizzard and none of it is actually being used to potential.

If your max level there should be max level mobs everywhere there should elite zones where you Fear to go alone, soloing is fun but i miss that feeling i had when levelling, like caution mixed with planning with a bit of hope. the game is so predictable its has gone stale and i spend my time on wow practising movements in storm wind trying to jump onto every lamppost i can on my mount and i do some free running off rooftops also. I can make it from the city wall to the bank while crossing the main road in to sw. I am not alone i know a number of people who do the same repetitive motions in SW while killing time.
    2 words, World Bosses. Those need to be brought back. I loved when people would type in guild chat "Dragons are up, don't say anything, let's roll out". Soooo much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Itemization is getting boring in my views.

In old days you used to have weapon that poison your target / Shield that freeze your attackers and a lot more.
    Today I can tell you the template for your next tier stats and what really vary is the number at the end.

Our character growth are going in predictable trend with no outlier customization thus making it too boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Phocket View Post
    2 words, World Bosses. Those need to be brought back. I loved when people would type in guild chat "Dragons are up, don't say anything, let's roll out". Soooo much fun.
    .. I remember that.. and you know every1 in the guild were calling people to get on, typed in ther /guildalliance channel and within minutes had a full raid and a half out there, with a half a raid defending from the other factions. We wont have that back, and even if we did we would be bored again.

Deleted
    The game is getting boring because we people are content spoiled. 20 years ago people would go crazy on games like Pacman all day. The only remedy is to take pauzes between gaming so you don't eat too much of that forbidden fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    .. I remember that.. and you know every1 in the guild were calling people to get on, typed in ther /guildalliance channel and within minutes had a full raid and a half out there, with a half a raid defending from the other factions. We wont have that back, and even if we did we would be bored again.
    ... you do know there are World Bosses in Cata right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boredom is a mental state at which your skill level is only average, but the challenge level is low.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/boredom

I suggest upping your skills, or even backing off wow for a while to lose some skill, or try more challenging things.

I think you're confusing "boredom" with "the game is going a different direction, and I can't qq about it loud enough".

Here's that link
    Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/denial
    Last edited by jibbyjackjoe; 2011-09-30 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    ... you do know there are World Bosses in Cata right?
    Nowhere near as awesome as prebc world bosses, and cata doesnt really have World Bosses.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    We're "killing" him again because we didnt kill him the first time. Simple as that.
    we didnt kill him now either :>
    Last edited by ludimp; 2011-09-30 at 05:25 AM.

Well, I don't enjoy WoW anymore personally. I don't play either, so it's not a matter of the game it self lacking anything. It's just not the same to me anymore since WotLK ended. I had a very great time in that expansion. I loved Northrend, the bosses, and everything about it. Cataclysm just took something in the game from me.

Either way, it's a great game. If it bores you, you should either find a way to have fun, or stop playing. I've been thinking about giving LotR a try for lore purposes, as I am a HUGE fan of the books ad movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Firelands is so unique and im enjoying it
    Well you don't speak for everyone