Raw Cataclysm Gems Can't Be Vendored On PTR

I wrote a blog post about how the apparent PTR change to making raw Cata gems unable to be sold to the vendor may affect players who have an abnormally high stock of raw uncommon and rare Cata gems they may have been planning to vendor at some point.

My full post can be found here but the TLDR is if you don't want spend tons of time cutting and vendoring underpriced uncommon or rares in 4.3 it may be best to sell them now.

Why do you think Blizzard made this particular change?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxdada View Post
    Why do you think Blizzard made this particular change?
    PTR bug most likely, if the change is intended i'd bet it is only for epic gems, as they are only gonna be available through the raids (apparently) so having them non-vendorable means people will either guild bank them, or flog them on the AH so none go to waste.

i doubt blizz would honestly make all cata gems non-vendorable, thats just a silly assumption to make
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it might be a bug? Is it intentional? Instead of asking us here, where I'm sure no one knows the answer, why don't you post it on the official forums and ask there? You might get a blue response.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

Deleted
    Just don't panic and vendor a bunch of stuff now and find out that this change is a bug... the PTR is going to be up for quite some time so no need to rush into any decisions until we have confirmation.

I have a LOT of gems that I *might* vendor if this change is permanent; but at the moment I am holding onto them, as sometimes the prices on my server suddenly go up for a week and I can AH them at much higher profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Just don't panic and vendor a bunch of stuff now and find out that this change is a bug... the PTR is going to be up for quite some time so no need to rush into any decisions until we have confirmation.

I have a LOT of gems that I *might* vendor if this change is permanent; but at the moment I am holding onto them, as sometimes the prices on my server suddenly go up for a week and I can AH them at much higher profits.
    @Shamanic Yes I just wanted to make my readers aware that this change might happen so they have all the facts as far as what to expect. There is nothing like waking up on patch day and realizing you have 2000 Zephyrites you need to cut and vendor one by one.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    PTR bug most likely, if the change is intended i'd bet it is only for epic gems, as they are only gonna be available through the raids (apparently) so having them non-vendorable means people will either guild bank them, or flog them on the AH so none go to waste.

i doubt blizz would honestly make all cata gems non-vendorable, thats just a silly assumption to make
    Blizzard has consistently been nerfing the vendor price of raw Cataclysm gems in nearly every patch in Cataclysm. I think this is just the last step in that process.