1. #1

    [Movies] Mystery Men "stealth movie"

    Mystery men is one of my favorite movies and i found it to be hilarious but i never knew how deep it was!!! I wanted to share this with you guys and see what you think!!

    Go to Google and type in "Mystery men stealth movie" hit the first link

    The website is a break down of the movie and it's obvious the creators put a lot of work into this film I want to discuss it with ya'll =)

  2. #2
    The first link is the link to this thread

    What sorcery is this ?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskathon View Post
    The first link is the link to this thread

    What sorcery is this ?
    This thread is the 2nd link for me. This one is first http://www.freewebs.com/moviemystery/

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Robinhoodexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    4,188
    Congratulations on graduating to expert level trolling, I would stick around but I'm busy getting gay married in 13 states and performing roadside abortions while passing bills that take away people's guns while i sip superior european wine and cheese i bought with european style socialist money, arrivaderci!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskathon View Post
    The first link is the link to this thread

    What sorcery is this ?
    LMFAO sorry for the confusion guys but grandpab has the correct link. I can't link it myself because im new but yep follow his and you'll see what i was talking about/

    At first I didn't think this movie was that deep and called BS but after seeing how everything is so well put together and how they incorporate background music etc. to help bring about their "hidden meaning" i was pretty amazed.

  6. #6
    It was a pretty decent movie.
    Had a great cast, Ben Stiller, William H Macy, Paul Reubens

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzWN4v2Ck0s

    although it just looks like OP is promoting his website

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Teroseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Liverpool *shivers* UK *shivers more*
    Posts
    929
    I would love this to be true, but sometimes, a goofy movie is just a goofy movie.

  8. #8
    Man, I love websites that never made it out of 2001.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

    Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Teroseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Liverpool *shivers* UK *shivers more*
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ......really? It's not my site i just found it last night....anyways if your not goin to discuss don't get on here and bash me and make stupid accusations.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 12:19 AM ----------



    How are you going to say that when scenes with the music playing in the background go hand in hand? And the music contain lyrics to that hidden meaning. You must of skimmed it and not read up on it. They clearly put enough effort in this movie to show that they are delivering a message and like most people it flew right over your head.
    I did read through the whole thing Here's the thing though, looking back at something whilst looking for a connection makes you more likely to find one (even a whole series of them, hindsight and all that). Who's to say the movie makers didn't just randomly pick a bunch of music that sounded epic and inspiring to them? I'm not saying the website owner is wrong, it's entirely possible that the movie creators did have that vision in mind, it's at least equally possible that they didn't.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    I would love this to be true, but sometimes, a goofy movie is just a goofy movie.
    Not to be an ass but if you really think that then the point flew right over your head just like most people's. I suggest you read through that whole site before posting.

    Also this is NOT my website i found it last night, but believe what you want, i want to discuss the symbolism and hidden meanings of the movie. Anyways what would i get out of promoting this site?? Seriously go read and discuss the movie or gtfo and don't' make random stupid accusations...

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Teroseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Liverpool *shivers* UK *shivers more*
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Not to be an ass but if you really think that then the point flew right over your head just like most people's. I suggest you read through that whole site before posting.

    Also this is NOT my website i found it last night, but believe what you want, i want to discuss the symbolism and hidden meanings of the movie. Anyways what would i get out of promoting this site?? Seriously go read and discuss the movie or gtfo and don't' make random stupid accusations...
    ooookay, slow down mister, I did read through the site, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything....I definitely didn't say it was your website (maybe you're confusing my post with someone elses?) yes, there's a lot of it that site that makes sense, but it's done in hindsight. you want to talk about symbolism in movies, i'll happily indulge you, I love talking about that kind of thing (in fact I wrote an essay on use of colour in disney movies for my coursework in college), I didn't outright say "no, you're wrong! in every way!" i said i'd love it to be true, and some points are valid, but a lot of it is biased towards the writers own stance on society. For example, the christianity = disco thing, could be that tony p does resemble protestantism, could also be that he's just a character in a movie who can't keep up with the times. It depends on how you view the movie. Another example, the red eyes, the website author equated that with communism, couldn't it just as easily be equated to drug users? people who'll steal to fund a habit (one that results in bleary, red eyes?) see how it works? It's making the facts fit an argument.

  12. #12
    I'm sorry Teroseth the "NOT my website" comment wasn't directed at you it was at bals...This site is kind of hard to edit comments and it wasn't letting me quote him because I'm new and the quote had a link in it. Anyways yea i see what you mean and you make a good point and i didn't intend for this to come off as i believe in every connection the writer made only that i found it interesting on how it all came together. But i agree with you as well all this could be because he is biased in what he believes i just think he makes a lot of connections that are pretty crazy especially how the evil groups all represent a sin.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome MisterSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    609
    I remember seeing this movie when I was younger and loving it.

    Now that I know a lot more about pop culture, I LOVE it now. Especially now that I recognize Eddie Izzard's cameo, the fact that The Spleen was Paul Reubens, of Peewee Herman fame, and Geoffrey Rush playing Casanova Frankestein was brilliant as well.

    And let's not forget Tom Waits as the inventor! My favorite musician in the world these days, easily.

    Such a shame it was so under-rated

  14. #14
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,371
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    It was a pretty decent movie.
    Had a great cast, Ben Stiller, William H Macy, Paul Reubens

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzWN4v2Ck0s
    omg thank you, I love these type of movies, cant belive I have never seen this
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Virtuous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    588
    I tried watching it last night and I couldn't enjoy it even though I love Ben Stiller =/
    Auchindoun EU
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'"
    Tuch me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •