Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    as long as he is happy and his guild is killing bosses it don't matter what he plays stop judgeing people cause they aren't doing "the most dps possible"
    Sure, and ultimately I don't care if people want to play an inferior spec - do what makes you happy and all that. But if someone comes to this forum to seek out ways to maximize their dps, I'll suggest they stop playing Destro in the same way I would suggest someone stop gemming straight crit as Affliction (because it gives the same results). But again, if you're happy gemming crit more power to you, just know that you are playing your class wrong.

you did? can you point it out to me where you said that?
    scatered all over this topic on others regarding destro dps or warlock dps in general

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Sure, and ultimately I don't care if people want to play an inferior spec - do what makes you happy and all that. But if someone comes to this forum to seek out ways to maximize their dps, I'll suggest they stop playing Destro in the same way I would suggest someone stop gemming straight crit as Affliction (because it gives the same results). But again, if you're happy gemming crit more power to you, just know that you are playing your class wrong.
    and i agree with you but here is what we have in this thread

Is destruction even worth playing?

that is what he is asking not
    is destro better dps?
    can i do better dps then destro?
    how do i improve my dps?

goin by the question he asked the only answer that can really be giving is this

If you enjoy playing destro and your aren't required to min/max yes destro is worth it yes you can kill bosses with destro
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    - Soul Fire now scales with 72.6% of spell power, up from 62.5%.
    - Cataclysm now increases Fire damage by 30%, up from 25%.
    - Fire and Brimstone now increases the damage of Incinerate and Chaos Bolt on Immolated targets by 5/10/15%, up from 2/4/6%.
    - Burning Embers now deals damage equal to 25/50% of Soul Fire and Imp’s Firebolt, up from 15/30%.
    - Buning Embers damage cap has been raised.
    - Shadowburn now deals Shadowflame damage, instead of Shadow damage.
    - Improved Soul Fire now lasts 20 sec, up from 15sec.

hum, sounds interesting... at least damage-wise.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/
    Last edited by mmoc40e5aa3799; 2011-10-13 at 05:07 PM.

Destro gets buffs for 4.3

so i will continue to play destro cause i like it.
    You can't have Manslaughter without the Laughter

Is it ok to DPS and a Disc priest as long as I enjoy it?

really stoked for the Destro buffs in 4.3 though... been dying to shoot off some Chaos Bolts, Conflags, and instant Soul Fires again

yesssssss destro buffs

So you cry enough because you can't play the top dps specs and eventually you will get destro back.

ohh the hell with all this rubbish - bring on the affliction tears i cant wait. send it back to pvp where it belongs! lol that ought to stir things up. Maybe then we can have a true dual spec again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tritone496 View Post
    ohh the hell with all this rubbish - bring on the affliction tears i cant wait. send it back to pvp where it belongs! lol that ought to stir things up. Maybe then we can have a true dual spec again.
    I've been feasting on your Destro tears for the past 7 months so I can live with that, but euhm, just so you know, quick napkin math seems to put Destro in second place, still behind Demo, so your joy may be short-lived.

Thats ok i can play demo too as long as affiction takes a back seat im happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    So you cry enough because you can't play the top dps specs and eventually you will get destro back.
    And now you cry because aff/demo (which ever you prefer) probably wont be top anymore.

A REAL warlock loves all three specs and can play them all efficiently imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    A REAL warlock? And here I was thinking they were just in fantasy games...

This is a good buff for destro, and affliction will still remain competitive. Demo is an entirely different and significantly more clunky playstyle than both specs, one which many are not a fan of. This provides them with more than one good dps spec to choose between, personally I think it's a great move even though I despise the destro play style.

Only hope is that they haven't over buffed it and we play the yo-yo game for a few months...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    And now you cry because aff/demo (which ever you prefer) probably wont be top anymore.

LoL I have no problem playing any spec any time. Hence the comment about everyone else crying about destro until it got buffed. I played Affliction at the beginning of Cata when Destro was best and still destroyed. I then went Destro when we started working on heroics and still destroyed. Played Demo for the required fights and still destroyed. (Hell I was demo for all of ICC and still topped) I have no problems whatsoever I'm confident in my abilities and any changes they make are really irrelevant to me. I'll play whatever does the most DPS for most of the encounters and respec if something specialized is needed. Seek your tears elsewhere.

I'm just happy that I might be able to go back to playing my favourite spec and at least be competitive.

I mean it's not that I don't like Affliction or Demonology. It's just that I've loved Destruction since I started playing it in Ulduar.
    That and I will never forgive Blizz for nerfing 3.0 Affliction. I miss having Immolate and Siphon Life in my rotation. It made things FUN.

I wonder how many of these buffs will actually go through to live. o:

ISF still a clunky piece of garbage, chaos bolt still a slightly-faster incin with a pretty icon, havoc still a brainless % cleave, and rain of fire still underpowered in addition to being unusable. I'm fine with destro receiving buffs but I hope Blizz doesn't overdo it and forget why most of us QQ'd destro into the grave. I applaud Blizz for making destro less awful but I'd hate to be forced to play it if they make it significantly better than affl and demo.
    Last edited by Smigglephor; 2011-10-14 at 04:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smigglephor View Post
    ISF still a clunky piece of garbage, chaos bolt still a slightly-faster incin with a pretty icon, havoc still a brainless % cleave, and rain of fire still underpowered in addition to being unusable. I'm fine with destro receiving buffs but I hope Blizz doesn't overdo it and forget why most of us QQ'd destro into the grave. I applaud Blizz for making destro less awful but I'd hate to be forced to play it if they make it significantly better than affl and demo.

you can't buff AoE AND keep havok it just isn't going to happen
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    think Dest will be nice in 4.3 patch

you can't buff AoE AND keep havok it just isn't going to happen
    Although most destro locks would seem to favor dumping havoc and receiving AOE, I imagine Blizzard's opinion is that a Warlock has the option to change specs if one style is desired for a certain fight. Therefore they probably think it is fine for destro to have no meaningful AOE, in exchange for BoH.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven