Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else underwhelmed by the looks of the new fish feast

I know it's a silly thing to even think about, but the new seafood magnifique feast looks so lame.

It's basically a basket which has water in it (this already doesn't make sense). The only food in it, is a live lobster/crab thing.

Have you seen how awesome the goblin BBQ looks? Let's transmog that effect into the buff you get from seafood feast

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people even using it?

For small guilds like my own (only about 12-13 active raiders) the fishing requirement is quite maddening.

Fishing up 500 fish gets me personally 25 stacks of buff food. That last me months. 10k fish is too much.

It's just silly.

Deleted
    We don't eat it. It's a lobster butler. That hands out Fortune cookies, but keeps the fortune. That guy is making a mint.

what ive always wondered is where the lobster comes from as its not in the mats.......

It looks silly yeah but i dont really care. I wish that goblin bbq would be giving same stats tho.

We don't have it, we just buy our own food, as someone above me said for a 10 man guild it's a pain in the arse grind no-one wants to undertake.

Although I got to say this seems like a really odd reason to start a whole new thread xD

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post

For small guilds like my own (only about 12-13 active raiders) the fishing requirement is quite maddening.

Fishing up 500 fish gets me personally 25 stacks of buff food. That last me months. 10k fish is too much.

It's just silly.
    Our guild would occasionally do a fishing tournament with the person catching the most fish within a certain time frame winning a gold reward. We would not announce where we were fishing and would change the location and type of fish each time. We also limited it to fish from schools so that everyone could participate.

I just borrowed a few friend's accounts and botted it in a week. Problem solved.

Infracted. Please see Forbidden Topics in the FAQ.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-09-30 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

Overwhelmed?

No, it has been that way for a while now. This thread really is a couple of months late >;D

In use since about 1 month in, saves a lot of messing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm concerned, it could look like a rotted basket of whatever.. as long as the stats are worth it
    [IMG][/IMG]

The first Broiled Dragon Feast and the Goblin BBQ look a lot more better someone put his/her hearth in designing those. The living lobster in a water filled copper pot is quite disappointing.

It's just silly.
    Get everyone to fish out of 10 pools before every raid and you'll have it in no time.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Took my guild 2 weeks to get it (10 man guild) at the start of Cataclysm, if you're one of the guilds struggling, just offer a prize. We offered a Mechan-hog to 1st place, 5k gold to 2nd place and 2.5k gold to 3rd place, may not seem like a lot, but it gives people the added incentive if they're asking themselves "why should I continue this horrible mind numbing tedious task." That was when we were a low level guild, if it was now, to be honest I'd offer a vial of the sands (if your guild can afford it, you'll make the gold back from challenges/cash flow anyway).

On topic though; I am not a big fan of the graphic either but no one really looks at it whilst raiding, I do think the goblin BBQ looks better

you guys are ignoring the fact that the seafood magnifique makes a squeaking sound when its put down.

That alone makes it worth it.

My guild got it, and we used it for a while. It ended up though that nobody could be bothered to fish for it, and on our tiny RP server there was barely ever any fish on the AH. So The Officers decided everyone was in charge of their own food, cba with fish feasts anymore. The main problem is the annoying lavascale catfish. But oh well!

Still struggling to motivate people to get the final tier of the fishing guild achievement. Only two achievements to go to finish off the professions tab...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiysper View Post
    We don't eat it. It's a lobster butler. That hands out Fortune cookies, but keeps the fortune. That guy is making a mint.
    There you go! And Mr. Pinchy the Lobster Butler is my friend. He takes care of us after we wipe on heroic Firelands bosses and he gives good advice.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

Deleted

It's just silly.
    While I would agree on this, it's not everyone who wants or has the patience to fish their own food.
    In my case, I'm just not gonna bother with fishing because the boredom makes me want to kill myself. So I motivate myself. I fish a couple of stacks each day for my guild, so that everyone can get a food buff from the feasts. At the moment we have all our raiders take about 30-40 mins every day to go fish as many fish they can as donations to the guild bank and as a small "thank you" for the guild bank providing repairs, flasks and enchanting materials for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludovik View Post
    I know it's a silly thing to even think about, but the new seafood magnifique feast looks so lame.

It's basically a basket which has water in it (this already doesn't make sense). The only food in it, is a live lobster/crab thing.

Have you seen how awesome the goblin BBQ looks? Let's transmog that effect into the buff you get from seafood feast
    I love love the design of the goblin bbq it looks awesome. I do think they need to redo the seafood magnifique though.

15+ Year Old Account
    what about the fish feast from wrath

I see oranges on that table, but no oranges in my recipie

Better question

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=43987#screenshots:id=81965

Where are the biscuits/strudel/cake?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.