Thread: Making a priest

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Making a priest

Just thinking about making a priest with no gear or anything, is it worth it?
    If so, what race? Best for Alliance and Horde?
    And what spec at lower levels?

i liked to start with shadow and then pick healing os when possible, on my priests.

is it worth it? thats a strange question really, which other classes are and which are not worth it?
    if you like it, then making it was worth it, if you dont like it, and realise fast enough, dont play it.

race, best means best racial for the occasion, being it pvp or pve. thats a long distance planning for a priest that hasnt been made yet.
    i think that pve-wise atm gnomes for all specs are said to be best? (was also belf mana thing said to be good for healers, but guess only for lower gear levels)
    please correct if im wrong about the races, long time since i checked those

Deleted
    I think Goblin is the best race, for pvp roketjump is realy nice and for pve 1% haste is the best for shadow and still decent for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackz View Post
    PvP = Human for racial CC-breaker.
    PvE = Human for increased spirit (shadow spirit = Hitrating, healer spirit = mana regen just to clarify)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
    I think Goblin is the best race, for pvp roketjump is realy nice and for pve 1% haste is the best for shadow and still decent for healers.
    Troll is the best race for shadow but by a very minimal margin

Deleted
    Troll is best for horde and the spirit that becomes hit is only spirit from either gear, gems, pots, flasks, procs etc etc not from racial, for ally draenei gives 1% hit but if there's another draenei in the grp worgen should be best for the 1% crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei for shadow, Gnome for healer (especially if you want to play Disc).

Sheeya, Draenei's racials are no longer groupwide, but personal, like Worgens.

Ofc it is worth leveling a Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeya View Post
    spirit that becomes hit is only spirit from either gear, gems, pots, flasks, procs etc etc not from racial
    That's not true. The increased spirit humans get does translate to more hit for them from spirit than from taking hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That's not true. The increased spirit humans get does translate to more hit for them from spirit than from taking hit.
    ^True. I def remember that thread where someone posted the screenie proving the human racial does increase hit (by a small amount unless I'm mis-remembering)

I love my goblin priest. <3 rocket jump (I might be racist because I also love gnomes)

Definitely prefer BElf if you are going horde to heal (I have no interest in shadow), Arcane Torrent is a decent mana return and can really help in a pinch.

Otherwise, Goblin/Troll are very close for DPS.

If you plan to be a healer BE/arcane torrent is sooo strong.. line up PT/any int use trinkets for crazystyle regen

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For Horde I would go go Goblin for PvP or PvE dps, Troll is an option for PvE dps, and for healing I would go Blood Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make one; Priests are awesome

The only annoying phase of leveling was Twilight Highlands as Shadow; you need to drink up pretty much after every match, even when you use your Shadow Word: Death Glyph.

lvling a priest with or without the gears isn't too different, unless you are talking abt twink items. other than tht, they just quickly over lvl their eq

as for the race, if you want the racial traits to boost this class, any of the following will do: troll, human, gnome, goblin. all has boosts, bt they aren't game-breaking. unless you are a hard core player, i suggest choosing your race only if you are okay with the looks becus you will be looking at your char for a rly long time

regarding the specs, definitely shadow. the 1st wow char i had was a holy priest. it wasn't the most fun time i had in wow -_- i don't knw wht i was thinking at tht time lol. i'm nt sure of the dungeon queue times during low lvl. bt if it's anything like at lvl 85, you shld have a healing off-spec. it will rly spd up your queueing time

Level as disc!

Horde Belf will give you superior mana return, only if you are healing. If you DPS than Troll or Goblin. I'd go goblin even though I'm not a fan of the starting zone.
    Alliance healing would be Human because it at least has +3 spirit and if you're holy its a lot of regen. If you'd DPS I would say Draenei for the hit or Gnome for more Int.

I love my troll shadow priest. I don't like the way armor is on goblins. I've never looked at a goblin and thought he looks cool. Really though that's a a subjective thing as I know a ton of people hate trolls too. Troll and goblin shadow racials are fairly close anyway. I prefer the trolls' personally especially since I can make fun/goofy names like Shangalang or Snoogaloo lol.

When I leveled up my priest (from lvl 1) back in WOTLK, I went shadow and had no problems healing as shadow up until level 40 or so. Even then it was still easy to heal in shadow, but it was just more fun to do it as holy. I'm pretty sure that you can gather enough gold by then to afford dual spec, so I would recommend doing that, especially if you are going to level through dungeons.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow
    Horde
    PvE: Troll.
    PvP UD.

Alliance
    PvE: Worgen.
    PvP: Human.

Healing
    Horde
    PvE: Belf.
    PvP UD.

Alliance
    PvE: Human or gnome, can't recall which one was better.
    PvP: Human.

Leveling doesn't matter you can effectivly heal as shadow or dps as holy, it's best to pick a race based on what you want to do with your priest in end content.
    Last edited by Backreaper; 2011-10-04 at 02:14 PM.
    Priest? What do you mean i'm a priest?
    I have dots, a pet and i can turn into a dark purple form with wings, i'm obviously a warlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Trackz View Post
    Personally I like Undead for their cast animations. That is just me though. I could care less about racials.

Also for leveling, I would suggest Shadow, and once you get dual spec, and want to try out healing, I would suggest Discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdaes_mad View Post
    Level as disc!

Horde Belf will give you superior mana return, only if you are healing. If you DPS than Troll or Goblin. I'd go goblin even though I'm not a fan of the starting zone.
    Alliance healing would be Human because it at least has +3 spirit and if you're holy its a lot of regen. If you'd DPS I would say Draenei for the hit or Gnome for more Int.
    gnome is more mana now, not int