Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

LFR is dead already.

The loot system for the LFR tool is gonna be a nightmare. It seems like there's nothing stopping tanks rolling on dps gear, dps rolling on healing gear, healers rolling on tanking gear, etc etc. Add to that this quote:

"This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week."

So basically you can get ninja'd from when someone takes for off spec, and then you're not capable of getting anything for a week... Wouldn't it make more sense to just say 1 loot per boss but only if you win something. So you can still spam raids until you finally get that 1 piece you wanted. I don't really see the point of having no lock out if theres no incentive to requeue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because someone (you know who you are...) would farm the place till they have all the gear they want, and be on the forums bitching about the "lack of content" the Wednesday morning after patch day.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

I'm pretty excited to need on everything I can.

I must have missed the part that forces you to participate.

It's a pug, same as the 5 mans now. Why should you have more than one chance of loot per boss per week?

Deleted
    It's on the ptr, that means it's subject to change. This stuff is on the ptr so players can give blizzard levelheaded and good feedback. Blizz will not read your opinion here but if you send in the feedback over the ptr or on the offical forums they likely see it and pass it on.

Deleted
    good thing is if some1 ninjas and it aint his ms u can just make a ticket and get the item... always set the loot rules and ur items are kinda safe if some1 ninjas it

Deleted
    If you don't like it, then don't do it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    good thing is if some1 ninjas and it aint his ms u can just make a ticket and get the item... always set the loot rules and ur items are kinda safe if some1 ninjas it
    you won't be able to force loot rules onto a lfr pug, just like you can't force loot rules on a lfd pug.

It is one attempt at loot per boss per week.

In other words, the same rate as normal raids.

Ninjaing is the exact same as in non LFR raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The loot system for the LFR tool is gonna be a nightmare. It seems like there's nothing stopping tanks rolling on dps gear, dps rolling on healing gear, healers rolling on tanking gear, etc etc. Add to that this quote:

"This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week."

So basically you can get ninja'd from when someone takes for off spec, and then you're not capable of getting anything for a week... Wouldn't it make more sense to just say 1 loot per boss but only if you win something. So you can still spam raids until you finally get that 1 piece you wanted. I don't really see the point of having no lock out if theres no incentive to requeue.
    How is any of this any different than pugging now? You can run into the same issues you run into LFR. The only difference is no one deals with the hassle of putting together a group and you don't go through the hassle of spamming trade for a group. The same things that happen in a pug can happen in LFR and vice versa.

Why requeue? Because you get 250 vp per end wing boss and you can still roll on loot if you didn't down that boss. The reason for this is if you downed the first boss and for some reason your group falls apart, the server crashes, etc then you aren't screwed over for the week. Just re-queue and try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Because someone (you know who you are...) would farm the place till they have all the gear they want, and be on the forums bitching about the "lack of content" the Wednesday morning after patch day.
    It won't be possible to farm for gear as you will still only get 1 loot per boss per reset. I just want them to remove the part that says "whether you receive loot or not", it should be "when you recieve loot".

The only rules present in a LFR system over realms is Need and Greed, GMs cant do anything about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically like running a Random Dungeon. You are at the mercy of the people you are running with. Unfortunently, because it is basically the same thing, that means you are going to have to stick to the hard-coded loot rules. They arn't going to make some amazing, unbiased and fair loot system just for LFR.

No lockout means if you don't get the item you want, you can requeue. If you don't want to go again because you lost a roll - that is your fault. If you want to be sure you have a fair chance, try to organize it so everyone rolls need on things they want. It's sounding like this is really being made for people that can't do content at any sort of decent rate so you can probably even run it 2-3 times a night.

If you want to increase your chances, pre-make a 10 man then queue together. That guarantees nearly half the people will at least be able to agree on things.

I am not really sure what LFR supporters that suddenly don't like the fact that they have to roll against other people were expecting. They could have easily made it like a training mission that just rewards gold and VP.

well i am happy about never using the LFR tool...in my opinion it will be a total mees and desaster going with rnd.
    and i will not talk about the behaviour in such raids
    Last edited by blacki84; 2011-09-30 at 12:31 PM.

You are aware that the LFR lockout is completely separate to the actual raid lockout, so you can LFR and make your own pug and set the loot rules to however you like.

Seems the point of extra opportunity to experience voluntary content is lost on people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    It is one attempt at loot per boss per week.

In other words, the same rate as normal raids.

Figure it out.
    Yes it's not the same as normal raids. There is no lock out. Why is there no lock out if there is no incentive to requeue once you have cleared it?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Wow yeah, when I first read the LFR stuff my brain skipped over that you will still be locked out of the loot even if you don't win the roll. Having it work like this really shows that the only reason there is no lock out is to not affect the normal and heroic versions of the raid. This way still allows them to have a pseudo lock out for the LFR ones as well.

I dont think that will work. It doesn't work in LFD :/

I plan to raid lead some LFR pugs. My loot rules?

'Blizzards loot system is God. You are free to need on whatever you want, if the game allows it. I ask that you use common sense, but I will not interfere with loot rolls, nor will bitching about loot be accepted.'

It's honestly the only way to go. Sure, there will be some assholes who abuse. If they become too much then people will votekick, just as the system intends. But this is the only way to go to avoid unnecessary drama or headaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the ones not understanding why blizzard made it that way. Imagine a normal raid, how many times a week can you have the chance of loot? Once pr boss. It's just the same with the lfr. The reason I would guess they dont just have a lock is so people can do it multiple times for valor. So we wont need to go zandalari.