Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    20$ says you'll be using LFR and QQ everyday about it. LFR is as dead as how people claim WoW is dead and that <next crappy mmo> is the wow killer. u have a guild? pick your 25 ppl and que for it for some learning experience and free loot/ you dont have 25ppl well then find some and stop QQ bout it

Seriously, if it's that big a deal, run the real raid.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Yes it's not the same as normal raids. There is no lock out. Why is there no lock out if there is no incentive to requeue once you have cleared it?
    Help your friends, better learn fight, bored. That'd be enough incentive for me to go back into a raid a second time a week...

Deleted
    Yeah its dead, because you know everything and everyone listens to you.

Some of your raids will be a mess, but some might actually be succesful. And to guild that dont really have a full core team, they can just queue up for it and bam, get 1 or 2 players they actually can control.

Yes it's not the same as normal raids. There is no lock out. Why is there no lock out if there is no incentive to requeue once you have cleared it?
    Keep the option open? Remember that this was made for people to see and learn fights, receiving loot is not part of learning a fight.

But you get loot at the exact rate as normal raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    No lockout means if you don't get the item you want, you can requeue. If you don't want to go again because you lost a roll - that is your fault.
    From my understanding of the quote, it doesn't matter if you roll on the loot or not; you only get access to one loot drop per boss per week just like a normal raid. This is Blizz's way of semi-enforcing a lockout for LFR raids while not affecting the normal and heroic lockouts.

Deleted
    I love how people ignored the whole part that there is no fair system for the way loot is rolled on. If they made it so loot was sorted into categories, and you were only allowed to roll "need" on items that match your role, then I would support the current system. However, there is nothing in place to stop idiots from rolling on items not suitable for their class or taking off spec gear before main spec.

With the LFG system, if you get ninja'd from you can just requeue random and try again. With this system you can't do that. Eventually players will get tired of it, and the attitudes of players in the system will go down the toilet, which is what happened with the LFG system.

You also forget that the LFR raids will drop lower ilvl than the Dragon Soul normal version, so quit comparing this to a proper raid. The whole point of the LFR was to be loot pinatas that got players to be more active in the game.

Also, for those saying I should do the proper raid. I actually have a life and can't play at night nor most days.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2011-09-30 at 12:34 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    The loot system for the LFR tool is gonna be a nightmare. It seems like there's nothing stopping tanks rolling on dps gear, dps rolling on healing gear, healers rolling on tanking gear, etc etc. Add to that this quote:

"This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week."

So basically you can get ninja'd from when someone takes for off spec, and then you're not capable of getting anything for a week... Wouldn't it make more sense to just say 1 loot per boss but only if you win something. So you can still spam raids until you finally get that 1 piece you wanted. I don't really see the point of having no lock out if theres no incentive to requeue.
    LFR isn't made to get you fat loots. It is so people not in a raiding guild can see content that they would never see without it.

IMO they should give you a bag like you get for the holiday boss with 1 piece of loot in it for each and every person to avoid all the stupid ninja qq that is going to be on the forums the Wednesday after patch.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    instead of complaining for pugging, go with a guild run when you have cleared the content, faster aquiring sets on mains. Thats how i am lookign at it for now

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    you won't be able to force loot rules onto a lfr pug, just like you can't force loot rules on a lfd pug.
    this isn't true at all, last week we had a ninja needing tier shoulders for his OS and won with a 99 roll,
    We all made a ticket and i talked to a GM.
    Lying isn't against the rules said the GM, so when he said he rolled for MS and said 5 minutes later he told us its just for his OS since he have the BiS for healing ... they can't do a thing about it, only thing GM said was : their is only once change to get the shoulders back and that's if the ninja make a ticket to trade it ... Doh!

10+ Year Old Account
    A full clear nets you half of your weekly Valor cap.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Deleted
    While i dont neccesarily agree that LFR is dead before it comes out.
    Me personally (nor any of my 3x tanks) will run LFR unless they sort the loot issues...

5mans is a pain as it is with retarded people needing shit they shouldnt, add 5 times the people without any restrictions and people know its "ok" to need on whatever you can...

ye GLHF with finding tanks / healers to use LFR in its current state...LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    this isn't true at all, last week we had a ninja needing tier shoulders for his OS and won with a 99 roll,
    Lying isn't against the rules said the GM, so when he said he rolled for MS and said 5 minutes later he told us its just for his OS since he have the BiS for healing ... they can't do a thing about it, only thing GM said was : their is only once change to get the shoulders back and that's if the ninja make a ticket to trade it ... Doh!
    tier shoulders drop from lfd? cool story bro.

Mod Edit - Infracted.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2011-09-30 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindv View Post
    All you did was proving his point..., slightly. Either way, IT is true. If others does not agree, then there's no agreement binding them and they can do whatever they want. This goes to any loot situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why WoW is still not doing what Guild Wars 2 is doing where everyone gets their own piece of gear for the boss kill.
    Ninjaing should be a thing of the past

Quote Originally Posted by blade5o View Post
    I don't understand why WoW is still not doing what Guild Wars 2 is doing where everyone gets their own piece of gear for the boss kill.
    Because it'd be quicker and people would more switfly lose the reason to raid
    Imagine getting full BiS ina couple of lockouts
    Just think of the "no content" whine already
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by blade5o View Post
    Last I looked Wow is not GW2, it would be boring if you were guaranteed a piece of loot for every boss kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    good thing is if some1 ninjas and it aint his ms u can just make a ticket and get the item... always set the loot rules and ur items are kinda safe if some1 ninjas it
    You CAN'T set the loot rules even as RL with the LFR tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    As for those thinking it would be possible to be full pre-proper raid BiS if you were allowed 1 loot per boss per reset, RNG would like a word with you. Also Mr. Failpug wants to know how you managed to kill all bosses in every LFR raid.