Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    good thing is if some1 ninjas and it aint his ms u can just make a ticket and get the item... always set the loot rules and ur items are kinda safe if some1 ninjas it
    considering that blizzard is making LFR groups need before greed, this can't be remedied so easy. you also cannot make a ticket if someone legitimately wins a need roll.

LFR is a doubled-sided sword. the content is accessible for people who cannot dedicate their time to a raid guild, at the cost of potentially losing your dps upgrade to a tank or healer. which in part is probably why they gave it a lower item lvl.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Elitists would be happy because achievements would not be handed out to scrubs while more people would be able to see all cinematics and cut scenes plus what exactly ragnaros does when you "defeat" him. Why can't Blizzard go this route?
    I assumed it was going to be that way already. Did they say non-HM achievements would be possible in an LFR group or something? Quite possible I missed it.
    Seeing as there are already achievements that can only be done on hard mode, I assumed they would just tag all the other 4.3 raid achievements with "- on normal mode."

they could stop all the topics of valid reasons with the problems of LFR loot system by doing what many people suggest, make each boss drop a bag with gives a small change of giving a item for their Main/OS spec

that ends all the problems, all the ninjas, all the bads rolling on anything, etc etc and also make we can run the instance many times without the lockout, the game has little to none to offer doing other than raids, if we raid with LFR 1 time, whats the point doing it again ? especially if we are a healer or a tank and have to take all the crap for noobs dps

no thanks, with current system they will make queue times for DPS for about 2 o 3 hours long, 6 healers that have to take your crap and not having nothing to do there has i runned already the instance 1 time? ya right

Everyone is gonna be rolling on everything or they will be forfeiting their roll on that boss that week, now I'd imagine armor type will dictate how you can roll(Need,Greed) but aside from that, it will be a mess, I think you should be able to pass and reserve your roll for another time you down that boss during the week/lockout!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    good thing is if some1 ninjas and it aint his ms u can just make a ticket and get the item... always set the loot rules and ur items are kinda safe if some1 ninjas it
    Completely false.

Blizzard does not recognize main or offspec

Blizzard does not recognize ninja, ninjas, ninjaing or any other antiquated term to mean "But i need it MORE!" by people that do not know the real meaning.

Blizzard has said that it will work like LFG, free roll N&G meaning that you can not change the loot system (Unless full premade I assume)

Opening a ticket will not get you anywhere except more angry when blizz says "Not our fault!"
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Just like the random dungeon finder.
    Unless blizzard implement a per-role measure to determine the priority of a roll then it will not improve.
    Discussed multiple times but never moving foward for various reason, one of which I imagine to be a less than obvious answer in some cases of the role any given piece of gear is for.

LFR is a dumb solution to a simple problem. If you want more people to see content you can do what countless computer games done in all genres make easy normal and hard settings. Easy setting for raid would NOT:

Give you achievements/Feats of strength
    Advance legendary quests
    Give BOEs
    Give MOUNTs
    Give Tokens

But WILL however give a small amount of valor plus lower quality gear than normal version. Elitists would be happy because achievements would not be handed out to scrubs while more people would be able to see all cinematics and cut scenes plus what exactly ragnaros does when you "defeat" him. Why can't Blizzard go this route?
    Actually that is exactly what blizzard have done.
    You cannot progress the legendary quest while in LFR, and I would not be surprised to see mounts being unavailable in LFR.

Hard Modes are the "hard setting".
    You already had most of what you were asking for yet complaining because you were too blind to see it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-10-02 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The loot system for the LFR tool is gonna be a nightmare. It seems like there's nothing stopping tanks rolling on dps gear, dps rolling on healing gear, healers rolling on tanking gear, etc etc. Add to that this quote:

"This means that if you were present for the defeat of a boss, whether you receive loot or not, then you will automatically pass on loot that drops during later attempts on that boss during the same week."
    People rolling need already happens. Beside, the loot rules mean those people can only win an item once per week per boss. So it is not something they can do in each raid.

As for the loot rule, I will not be surprised if they changed it so that you can roll only if you have not won an item from that boss for the week.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 12:56 AM ----------

LFR is a dumb solution to a simple problem. If you want more people to see content you can do what countless computer games done in all genres make easy normal and hard settings. Easy setting for raid would NOT:

Give you achievements/Feats of strength
    Advance legendary quests
    Give BOEs
    Give MOUNTs
    Give Tokens
    The LFR is already an easy mode. They said it. Beside, the LFR is designed to allow people who cannot raid due with their guild due to real life constraints. Some people just cannot commit to a regular raiding time. So they have to PUG. Remember how long it took to PUG dungeons before LFD? Well, the LFR is designed to fix same problems finding people for a PUG raid.

I agree its gonna be sucky with tanks rolling on DPS gear (and then having the gall to bitch about DPS later on) and such, but its just something you have to deal with if using LFR. Personally I plan on (at first) passing on stuff that's not for my spec but if I see (for example) tanks rolling on DPS gear when I am DPSing yeah I will probably roll on tank gear. If they don't like it, tough.

In a decent world players would simply pass on gear that wasn't for their current spec, but sadly the WoW playerbase has devolved into a cesspit of obnoxious, greedy, self-involved mouth breathers who think the game revolves around them. That WoW could not exist without their imagined greatness.
    Last edited by Vargas; 2011-10-03 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatoan View Post
    If you don't like it, then don't do it. Simple as that.
    The most dump argument in the history.
    Mysteriously enough it started when certain tools came to help the special snowflakes.
    I will use the LFR but premade. Thank god there is an option. I won't get ninjaed by any moron at the start of next tier, since the company that launces this tool doesn't bother to fix their own filter for loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR looting system definitely leaves to be desired. If anything the rule about only getting to defeat a boss once a week has to go. Instead it should be you can only get 1 piece of loot off a boss per week.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I don't believe you guys have read the LFR raid blue post closely. It's going to be Need Before Greed loot system and they're working on something for spec specific loot as well. I'm 100% positive about the NBG system, 80% sure about the spec specific. Too lazy to go check again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    LFR looting system definitely leaves to be desired. If anything the rule about only getting to defeat a boss once a week has to go. Instead it should be you can only get 1 piece of loot off a boss per week.
    I cant tell if you are trolling...

You could wait to see what everyone else chooses for loot. If others need on an item you want then you can choose to pass and hope that no one needs it the next time through.

Just an idea...

Deleted
    Blizzard could go two ways with this; Either enforce certain rolling rules or let the raiders decide by them selves who should get what. I would personally be fine with either choice, but blizzard has already chosen a route by restricting certain armor categories from specific classes (no cloth for dks) - albeit this case is one of the extremes, the choice of moderation has been made.

With that said I cannot see the problem in associating certain items with the role you chose when you sign up for the raid combined with the class you play. This is only extrapolating on a philosophy already in the game - only rolling for the armor category the game intends for you.
    Ie, chose tank and you can only roll on items that has been assigned as tank items, chose healing and you can only roll on items assigned as healing and likewise for damage dealer. Obviously there can be items that some people will percieve as perfect for tanking and some will like them for dps'ing - the solution to this is simply to just assign the item to both tanking and dps category within the system.

This system is not perfect, but it will result in a lesser total amount of grief caused by the loot system compared to what is looking to be implemented in the new lfr.

They should restrict rolls to being for items that match the role you are filling.