Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes, thanks buddy =p

While I doubt there will be a open beta, I hope the beta is leaked like WC3 was....

Deleted
    I imagine an open Beta might kick in....oh....around the 20th of December maybe.

Deleted
    Didnt won a beta key

Deleted
    Are they giving away more beta key?

They have already got feedback on gameplay(Demon hunter's ressourcesfor exemple), and that is kinda crucial, and seam to have totally slip their intern testing.

Makes me wounder if they wouldn't at least expend it a little, mostly with say some premade char and test up to leoric nightmare........... (as if).
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I think this is the blue post that Lysah is referring to in regards to no more content. There is a discussion there on whether people will get new content or not.

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    I totally understand that people are done with the content and want more, and I only see that as a positive outlook for the future. If people were completing the content, or worse not completing it, and then ambivalent or uncaring to see any more of the game then we'd have a problem.

Yes we fully understand people would love to play more content, but no we're not going to release any more during the beta phase. The test is mainly intended for server stability and hardware/software compatibility testing, and not for content bug testing. For that reason we really only need provide a small bit of content to get the majority of our beta testing jollies.

We really do appreciate everyone that has been playing, and continues to play, but if you're done and have done everything you can to help provide us with feedback/bugs, then we don't want you to feel obligated to keep playing. As older testers drop off and server stability increases we'll be adding more and more people. There's no real downside in that.
    As stated above, the beta is more for hardware/server/stability and not for content testing (I assume that's been completed by their in house team), because of this, I don't think they will do an open beta myself, I think they will just add the necessary numbers of people with the configurations they want to test it.

But because it is such a limited beta and there is not really much reason to continue playing if you've tested it once on every class, it does seem to make it more likely that older testers will stop playing and they will continually send out more waves of invites as that happens.
    Since this is pretty conclusive, I concede that Lysah was indeed right in her earlier post about this and I guess we'll just have to face that Christmas will either be BETA-Less, or very short. I also don't fully understand their motivation concerning server stability, because if they'd really be testing that, they'd be giving out BETA keys to make sure they'd get enough people to give the servers a hard time. Allowing 3000 people to join, when you know your servers should handle a shitload more is like filling 5% of a bucket to see whether it's leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I also don't fully understand their motivation concerning server stability, because if they'd really be testing that, they'd be giving out BETA keys to make sure they'd get enough people to give the servers a hard time. Allowing 3000 people to join, when you know your servers should handle a shitload more is like filling 5% of a bucket to see whether it's leaking.
    Blues have also posted about this as well and how they are testing the stability of their servers. They dont want to let in a mad rush and overwhelm the servers. They want to add a few, see how the servers handle. Once they are stable, add more, and repeat the steps. I think alot of the issues for the pushback is cause of the servers, but mostly prolly due to the new b.net.