Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can see what your saying from a money making perspective but..... I do have to disagree

My dps benefits from synapse springs, my tank set from quickflip Plates, both gearsets from the goggles and the belt shield. In tier 11 my raid group benefitted from having scrapbots, Jeeves and moll-e on hand and to cap it off I have 2 unique mounts and a chopper I can sell as well......

So I think it's that you don't see money from it so it's useless. I'd rather have the above than an opportunity to say that I made 10k gold selling gems last week......

Just my opinion

Pretty sure RAID WISE, it is the best profession for dk's. Hard from the worst prof. ever...

Reinstate gas clouds and get rid of that stupid item that gives the occasional Volatile Air while gathering. Way to go to make one of the profession's perks pointless if you don't take up a gathering profession as your second profession.

I'm happy with Engineering in general, but Cata has been seriously lacking so far. All the fun, useful stuff is pre-Cata.

I just wish they stopped screwing tanks over with that joke of a glove enchant.

I think this topic has already de-railed and subject to trollism. Nvm, just for the record, I have all professions on my characters, and I have epic recipes, etc. as well. I am not a gold-digger and it does not matter to me. The facts remain unchanged, Engineering as a crafting profession is a failure, now atleast. Thanks all who de-railed this topic, guess I should just stick to not posting on these forums as it is home to trolls in abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aish View Post
    I think this topic has already de-railed and subject to trollism. Nvm, just for the record, I have all professions on my characters, and I have epic recipes, etc. as well. I am not a gold-digger and it does not matter to me. The facts remain unchanged, Engineering as a crafting profession is a failure, now atleast. Thanks all who de-railed this topic, guess I should just stick to not posting on these forums as it is home to trolls in abundance.
    Looks to me like you posted some drivel, people didn't agree with you, so now you post about how we all didn't get it. We got it fine, we just don't agree. I'm sitting on all kinds of money I made with engineering. You were wrong. Don't get all self rightious like somehow we are beneth you. Engineering is not only fine, its pretty damned sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    i have maxed engi on 3 toons now as i find it fun and unique. i dont think any profs make much money so its all about the fun factor for me.

People disagreeing with your point does not equal them trolling your thread. I would like to see a few more flavor items added to Engineering, but it is far from useless. A Cataclysm teleporter/wormhole generator would be nice, but Engineering is still a good profession. Bringing back the clouds would be a great plus, but I'll stay an Engineer even if they don't do any of this.

What perks are you talking about? Seriously when were the tinkers updated?... Yes we have nitro boots and extra 450 stat for few seconds on gloves, and reduce falling speed, but apart from that, there isnt anything useful. And please, all of you, be mindful and lets not de-rail this topic. I am not talking about added bonuses, which are there for all professions regardless, I am only talking about engineering as a crafting profession with 'nothing' to craft. For argument sake, I have so many chaos orbs of no use to me on one of my characters which has engineering. It is obvious, even with the new upcoming changes, it is a fail from developers, or rather no thought given to it.
    Try to craft and sell the guns...

It's fun. Could make money I guess. I think the main problem sits with the orbs. We don't use them for anything really, save for the gun. Our helmets are BoP...and those are useless with 4.3 incoming. The +200 cogs are equivalent to 365 items or so I guess. The novelty of it is fun, obviously. I think the OP is just saying relatively, it's not on par. Whereas I agree, despite it's fun aspect, it should have craftable things just as BS, LW, etc., at least for an orb dump. I have 50+ orbs because I don't have anything to do with them...made some guns for fun/when needed (most people don't really want them, cost outweighs benefit), made 2 goggles for my 2 specs. Looking at it from a Chaos Orb perspective, it's not on par.

Pretty sure blizzard has said on MULTIPLE occasions that engineering is the "have fun, with odd tinkers and such" proffession. Which it is. I am pretty sure if they made it some amazing super profession, or gave it lots of crafting things aswell, people would start to say, "WHERES THE FUN UTILITY ITEMS FOR OTHER PROFFESSIONSSS!!!!!!11111oneoneone...."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard nerfed Eng to the ground imo..

While some Gadgets would be quite nice then either backfire or got nerfed in their usability aswell.
    like the rocketboots or other gadgets wich might have some use but are unreliable cause of the backfire..

Like the looterang - used to pick up everything pickupable... now it only picks one thing up with short range
    BarBQ - from the Tooltip i thought it can be used multiple times after crafted... well no you can only set it up once and on my realm the masts do cost more than the mats for fishfeast.

Making Money is nearly impossible by now. Before you could sell Ammo (wich got deleted) or sell Guns (wich have a high matzprice on my realm) or go farm Elementalclouds (wich doesnt exist in cata).

The Helm didnt last long cause the newer tiers gets launched within a few weeks... but how about a Option to upgrade the helm? nooo

Deleted
    dont engineers got : Rocket boots - parashoot - synapse springs - mailbox - jeeves (repair/bank/reagents)

as far money making goes i advise : scope - mini pets(companion pets)

really the scopes tend too so well for me, and the mini pets sell like mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Looks to me like you posted some drivel, people didn't agree with you, so now you post about how we all didn't get it. We got it fine, we just don't agree. I'm sitting on all kinds of money I made with engineering. You were wrong. Don't get all self rightious like somehow we are beneth you. Engineering is not only fine, its pretty damned sweet.
    Oh you mean, you don't agree? Who is 'we' here?... as many people here do actually agree. It's not about arguments about who agrees or not, the fact is, the profession needs updating, drastically.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guido182 View Post
    Try to craft and sell the guns...
    Would you prefer a 365 gun with same crafting price as is the selling price on my server or would you prefer a 378 drop from Fireland trash? Enough said

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is currently the best raiding profession due to Synapse Strings. 480/6 = 80, meaning it evens out to the same bonus in stat as other professions. However, the ability to use it and sync it with CDs, useful abilities makes it much better than the other professions for raiding.

And really, just ask some guildie to make some BoE stuff to sell if it's that important.. Not like gold is hard to come by now..

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blizzard nerfed Eng to the ground imo..

While some Gadgets would be quite nice then either backfire or got nerfed in their usability aswell.
    like the rocketboots or other gadgets wich might have some use but are unreliable cause of the backfire..

Like the looterang - used to pick up everything pickupable... now it only picks one thing up with short range
    BarBQ - from the Tooltip i thought it can be used multiple times after crafted... well no you can only set it up once and on my realm the masts do cost more than the mats for fishfeast.

Making Money is nearly impossible by now. Before you could sell Ammo (wich got deleted) or sell Guns (wich have a high matzprice on my realm) or go farm Elementalclouds (wich doesnt exist in cata).

The Helm didnt last long cause the newer tiers gets launched within a few weeks... but how about a Option to upgrade the helm? nooo
    Atleast it got in heads of some people, thanks

Deleted
    It is for fun, but it still is a profession -.-
    Cough mining herbalism skinning cough

When other professions get a selection of convenience items close to those offered by engineering then, and only then can you complain about inequality in the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    Engineering is currently the best raiding profession due to Synapse Strings. 480/6 = 80, meaning it evens out to the same bonus in stat as other professions. However, the ability to use it and sync it with CDs, useful abilities makes it much better than the other professions for raiding.

And really, just ask some guildie to make some BoE stuff to sell if it's that important.. Not like gold is hard to come by now..
    Oh wait, so you mean on your server the chaos orbs are tradeable? -.-

How about some ideas for craftable items that you would like to see available from engineers. Short of ranged weapons and scopes what else can you think of that wouldn't fall under another prof?