Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    They could atleast let us upgrade the goggles / cogwheels.
    This. Its the least they can do tbh :c

Alright, they made us able to use enchants AND tinkers, wich was good, but its still a bad proff..

Quote Originally Posted by Aish View Post
    Oh you mean, you don't agree? Who is 'we' here?... as many people here do actually agree. It's not about arguments about who agrees or not, the fact is, the profession needs updating, drastically.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 03:21 PM ----------

Would you prefer a 365 gun with same crafting price as is the selling price on my server or would you prefer a 378 drop from Fireland trash? Enough said
    The only arguement you provided is the lack of BoE recipes, regardless of that eng is the best raiding proff. You might not make a lot of money off it but its far from useless or worst.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh wait, so you mean on your server the chaos orbs are tradeable? -.-
    Oh wait, people actually don't have at least 1 friend willing to sell you their orbs for a friendly price?
    Or even the fact that most people have like 5 stacks of those shitty orbs.
    EDIT: Seriously, Chaos Orbs are so insanely easy to come by it's stupid.
    Last edited by Xeley; 2011-09-30 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Where engineering miss in raidable gear/buffs it makes up in awsome and fun, still useless tinkers. If you want a useful profession dont pick engineering.
    This was true in Wrath, not so much in Cata.

They more or less "nerfed fun" in Cata. Just look at the changes they made to all the engineering stuff.
    Very lame.

Oh you mean, you don't agree? Who is 'we' here?... as many people here do actually agree. It's not about arguments about who agrees or not, the fact is, the profession needs updating, drastically.[COLOR="red"]
    What fact? Engineering provides a ton of fun, a sizeable income, and is statistically superior to other professions in the proper situations. Those are facts. Your opinion is it doesn't make enough money and doesn't have enough perks. Doesn't change the facts that there is money to be made (many of us are making money with it) or that the perks it does have leave it in a very powerful position.

What do you want? To make more money then everybody else *AND* have the strongest profession perks?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    OP has fair points, just isnt making them too well,

gold making is not a factor of this lack of usefullness for engi

chaos orbs are wasted to engineers,
    every engi i know (even mine) rolls need on orbs by reflex, and then realises, hang on i dont use those, ever.

the synapse springs are good, thats a given, but ALL other crafting profs get FL lvl crafts, and/or chaos orb sinks
    thats really the lacking aspect of the prof atm,

nobody doubts the fun and utilitarian aspects of engi

Honestly the only 2 issues to discuss are orb sinks and lack of bombs imo

edit: previous poster just seems angry and looking to argue with op, nobody cares about your ability to make gold or use ur synapse springs, please contribute to the thread or leave it

Its great for raiding until the nitro boots backfires and kills you which happens to me quite often sadly so i don't use it anymore, the belt shield is nice as well unless it backfires. I've had my belt shield stun me during some key moments and it also has a chance to taunt everything which has also happened . The only downfalls among a few others, I miss the old nitro boots! Lets hope it gets better someday!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a lvl 359 helm without raiding, i made my own gun, I got a helicoptor, i build motorcycles for friends, i have fun little trinkets, i can thrown down jeeves, mailboxes, feasts without doing cooking, i can teleport myself to outland, and there are bonuses like haste to hands and such that aren't terrible. Honestly, of all the profs, I think it's the most fun.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

They should add another mount that makes use of the Chaos Orbs and make it BoE...also, obviously, have it cost a lot more ingridients, but I think that'd be cool. Are we do for another mount yet? Maybe a new PLANE flying mount, with machine gun attachments and rockets such as seen many times in cutscenes or just chilling in Uldum or near goblins somewhere.

I like engineering for the fun it brings, not just the upgrades. Synapse spring activation =/= constant increase of stats though, but when accounting for other aspects, it is on par in general, stats-wise.

I think they should scrap the "Cogwheel in goggles only" idea and just have you work to turn pre-existing red/whatever slots in cogwheel slots, making it scale with new equipment. That would actually turn it into the best profession, haha...so maybe not :T
    "Through your engineering brilliance, you manage to carefully tinker your gem slots into cogwheel slots!"

As far as gold making i have other toons for that job, but i agree i wish they gave us more stuff to craft cause im sitting over 100 chaos orbs an still climbing .

Quote Originally Posted by Dystrukshun View Post
    How about some ideas for craftable items that you would like to see available from engineers. Short of ranged weapons and scopes what else can you think of that wouldn't fall under another prof?
    It is a good point, but nonetheless for developers to decide. When it comes to crafting with engineering, its more like hitting a brick wall. When all 'crafting' professions get updated accordingly with tier and item level, engineering does not. The only iLevel 359 we could craft was BoP, making it serving to a low range of spectrum. People here are trolling about how engineering has 'fun elements' and benefits. As much as I want to agree to the fun elements, I am afraid I dont see any fun in jumping around with some sort of springs attached to my feet. I am trying to equate engineering as an viable profession. As I previously mentioned in my post, the tinker on gloves is great, it still helps in cata, but other items are not as usable, except Jeeves (unless offcourse everyone almost has a repair mount now and Jeeves only has a year long CD to use) and portable mail box, etc.

And for those saying about changing it, first of all, why would I waste something which took a while to accomplish. And secondly, I have other professions, I dont want same professions on other characters. I might have used the headline of this topic as a relative statement, but I still stand by my school of thought. I love the profession, I want it to become better and equivalent.

For those who did not think of it yet, imagine giving an advice to a new comer to game or someone rolling an alt. I happen to be a GM, I do it all the time. With 4.3, why would someone want to level engineering at all? Unless, you just want to jump around and dig holes and go to a zone for old content. Please, we all know this for a fact, it NEEDS updating, drastically, all I am saying, so that atleast we can use them useless chaos orbs. On my BS, I always run out of orbs as I am always crafting, on my engineer, well u know -.-

Eng bonus is same as all the others over time. The self gadgets are by far more useful to me and all my chars that I play are engineers and something else.

Make your second prof a moneymaker or make an alt if you want. -_-

I miss getting upgrades to the engy helm = \
    Disappointed again in 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP seems to think that all crafting professions should be the same, which is something I disagree with. What all crafting professions need to provide for everyone is the same boost to stats, which Eng does (better than most since you can sync with other CDs but that's not the point of the OPs complaints).

Engineering doesn't have FL-level gear to sell, true, but it has a lot of other things. There are the scopes, pets, and 365 gun. I still make good money selling the bike. And then there's all the fun toys, gadgets, and little bonuses that we get to play with. That is why we don't have gear that equates to the highest raiding tier - we have other things instead. Its a trade-off. If you have fun with it, you use eng. If you don't, go with another profession. Some types of variance and diversity among the different professions outside of stat boosts is a good thing, not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    Oh wait, people actually don't have at least 1 friend willing to sell you their orbs for a friendly price?
    Or even the fact that most people have like 5 stacks of those shitty orbs.
    EDIT: Seriously, Chaos Orbs are so insanely easy to come by it's stupid.
    Yes they are when you are running those dungeons 24 hrs a day with nothing else to do in real life Oh I forgot, real life is over-rated and non-accountable.

No other profession gives you even relatively close amount of features like your tinkers.
    Other crafting professions make normal gear that others can use.
    Engineering is for your own use primarily. It is almost in a category of it's own, separate from gathering and crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    edit: previous poster just seems angry and looking to argue with op, nobody cares about your ability to make gold or use ur synapse springs, please contribute to the thread or leave it
    Considering the OP is about how engineering isn't useful and doesn't make money, it would seem that the OP is specifically interested in those topics. Simple logic really.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes they are when you are running those dungeons 24 hrs a day with nothing else to do in real life Oh I forgot, real life is over-rated and non-accountable.
    Yes, because dungeons is the only way to get them.

EDIT: So you basically want things that takes time to get to not take any time off of you? In other words, you want to reap the benefits without actually making an effort? Nice..
    Last edited by Xeley; 2011-09-30 at 02:52 PM.

It's your ninth post on the forum and you already can't say anything beside the pathetic insults? Impressive rate of degeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    The OP seems to think that all crafting professions should be the same, which is something I disagree with. What all crafting professions need to provide for everyone is the same boost to stats, which Eng does (better than most since you can sync with other CDs but that's not the point of the OPs complaints).

Engineering doesn't have FL-level gear to sell, true, but it has a lot of other things. There are the scopes, pets, and 365 gun. I still make good money selling the bike. And then there's all the fun toys, gadgets, and little bonuses that we get to play with. That is why we don't have gear that equates to the highest raiding tier - we have other things instead. Its a trade-off. If you have fun with it, you use eng. If you don't, go with another profession. Some types of variance and diversity among the different professions outside of stat boosts is a good thing, not a problem.
    To add to this, you can also have TWO (2) professions. So...I mean...it's not like you can't be a blacksmith too, knowing that most patches bring gear for a blacksmith to craft. You can always level an alt to 85 (I'd suggest a druid, or DK if you're lazy), if you're not SUPER lazy, to be a gathering alt.

I love getting the random debuffs from using the Transporters. Splits, minis, random race/gender, falling from up high. I love being able to instantly transport to Northrend. Love my Jeevesy. Love my helicopters of loudness.

I think you can analogize this regarding the 'thirdary' professions, as in Fishing, Arch, etc. Why is it Cooking and Fishing are mostly beneficial, whereas Archaeology is directly cosmetic? They all take about the same to level up, and are available to use. The answer is preference; you choose which profession you want to get up, and go in knowing (or being ignorant) of what they offer (and have always been there to offer). On a related note, I cannot bring myself to level fishing...=(.