Some Tips would be appriciated :)

Hai there Mmo-champion folks
    I have some question today for you, but I'll start out wiht my story.
    Me and my girlfriend whom I'm living together with have been playing some arena recently, she used to be a hardcore
    raider but these days she's working so hectically that, well, she can't raid with our guild.
    But we have been been doing some arena just because we love to play together. There is one problem though.

I'm a bit more "dedicated" or "comeptitive" when it comes to it. I only enjoy winning, losing isn't my cup o' tea. I know 2v2 isn't
    even remotely balanced. This is also her first season she is actually playing arena, we've managed to get to 1600 (1700-1800mmr-ish)

And here's the where the problems start.
    We have tried all setups we can with the characters we have yet it doesn't really work out for us. She plays a discpriest and I play either
    mage or rogue.
    But many games it feels a bit like I have to carry, though I'm not good enough for that. Specially when we play mage+priest, mainly against melee teams where we get rofldstomped on untill the end of days comes.'
    When we play rogue+disc we have so long game it goes to draw fairly often.

The question is, which setup would work best? what do i need to focus on more to be able to win so we can actually progress and have fun in arena (ye lets face it, getting grinded by keyboardturning feral+shaman a whole evenin' isn't fun)
    Can you guys give us some strategic advice how to bash these setups a bit higher, would be nice to get to 1800-1900atleast

If you have any more questions or if I explained bad, just ask, I really would like some help for us so she doesn't quit or something : (

EDIT: A last question, should we go for 3's either Feral (a friend of ours) mage+disc OR Feral+rogue+disc?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Prizm; 2011-09-30 at 02:54 PM.

Honestly Disc Priest and Mage OR Rogue is a great comp to play with, but it really requires proper coordination and for your healer to know what she's doing. I played with my fiancee but he rages when we lose, so we don't do it often (I'm much more laid back and prefer just playing over and over until we're pro - I find alcohol helps ).

I would honestly make sure that your not getting mad about any losses, otherwise she's just going to get progressively worse and not care - plus it's supposed to be fun right? Record a couple of matches from her point of view, and maybe go over them with her and help her - you might even find things you can improve on to help her. Compliment often to boost her ego a bit. 2s and 3s for a healer is like black and white. 3s might be easier for her and you if you have one extra person to help you peel for her, but she's needs to be vocal with what she's doing too.

Feral + Mage + Disc is pretty good for 3s.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a feral for 3's to play FMP, Mage/Disc just as RMP, is alot about the opener and after that trying to get a window to set up burst while probably being trained 90% of the game (Mage PoV). As long as you are gaining rating and getting better, aka learning form your mistakes and analyzing/discussing your losses it's all good.

Usual strat for Mage/Disc is to get a poly and maybe a MC or fear follow up on healer while using deep + CDs on DPS and both of you nuking the kill target, considering you have a deep every 30 seconds, forcing a trinket/CD's the first 2 deeps then getting a kill on 3rd should works as a decent strat against DPS/Healer, and even earleir if they fail on blocknig your burst with defensive CDs.

When you play Rogue/Disc you really need to help DPS or mana burn (if it's a healer) when the rogue is locking the target down to get a kill or get some decent pressure up.
    Last edited by Epox; 2011-10-01 at 02:30 AM.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna