10+ Year Old Account

BF3 Beta - Problem.

Ello mates. I seem to be having a problem with BF3 beta.

I downloaded the game, and everything is fine. Started it up (by choosing server on the homepage), got straight into one, great ! But then, random troubble appears. My game is completely black ! I can see my minimap, the chat, ammo section just fine, but everything else appears black. i can even move fine, nemas problemas. its just that.. i cant actually see where im going.

Anyone have some tips?

PC specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

Update your video card drivers, if you haven't recently there may be some fixes available.
    Super casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, will try to download the graphics driver from the BF3 website.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

The makers of BF3 don't write video drivers, get the latest drivers from AMD's web site.

EDIT: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx if you have a 64-bit system.
    Super casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers Nellah, will try to see if it works out
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

I'm using the Catalyst 11.9 drivers for my 6870, not sure if it'll help you at all with your 5970, but it runs smooth with me, so maybe give 11.9 a try if you haven't already.

Remember that when installing drivers, you should first uninstall them, reboot into safe mode and clean all the remaining files out with Driver Sweeper and reboot before installing new drivers. This will eliminate any conflicts with previous drivers.