Deleted

Transmogrification - Need old gear to use it?

I have a question in regarding to Transmogrification. If you wanna transmogrifi your current gear to for example full Tier 2, do you have to have all the Tier 2 set pieces in your bank to do this? I haven't got any old gear at the moment, so does that mean that I can't use Transmogrification at all?

you can't transmog what you don't have and there are other stipulations. do some research, the info is there to answer this and any other future questions you have. we're not in a loop that you aren't privy too.

Yes, you need the items you want to transmogrify into in your bags.

<Victory Call> of Trollbane EU - 1/8H 25M

Quote Originally Posted by Caronwyn View Post
    Yes, you need the items you want to transmogrify into in your bags.
    What? So i have to carry it everywhere? Then wtf is void storage for?

15+ Year Old Account
    yes and it kinda sucks, I was dualweilding my dragonstrike, now I dropped blacksmiting and disenchanted those and gotta farm again for those damn sets the only set I kept and I dont know why is the high warlord one !!! and its fugly on a shaman.
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Deleted
    I can't believe what I am reading in this thread. Am I being master trolled? hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    You only need it on you when you transmog your gear to look like it. Once you have done this then you can store it, vendor it, DE it, or whatever.

You'll need the gear again though if you want to change future pieces to look like it.

No no no... he means it has to be in your bag in order for the actual ACT of Transmogrification to take place. :P

Once the act is done, you can then put the old piece back into void storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can put the transmog items away once you change your gear's looks. If you plan to keep up a particular look and expect upgrades, I'd keep the transmog set in your bank rather than void storage.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to own the gear.

Transmog as an interface works much like reforging. You put in the item you want transmogrified, and then put in the item you want it to look like.

Void Storage is a good way to store the gear you use for transmogrification when you're not transmogrifying.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No no no... he means it has to be in your bag in order for the actual ACT of Transmogrification to take place. :P

Once the act is done, you can then put the old piece back into void storage.
    To clarify, you can put the old piece in storage. No need for Void Storage unless all of your regular bank space is full. Void Storage is rather expensive, so is really only there as a last resort for people who've completely filled their other options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You need to own the gear.

Transmog as an interface works much like reforging. You put in the item you want transmogrified, and then put in the item you want it to look like.

Void Storage is a good way to store the gear you use for transmogrification when you're not transmogrifying.
    Actually no. The transmog interface window displays the gear you're wearing in the window, and you then apply the gear you want it to look like over it. The gear you want it to look like has to be in your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    Actually no. The transmog interface window displays the gear you're wearing in the window, and you then apply the gear you want it to look like over it. The gear you want it to look like has to be in your bag.
    You just contradicted him, then said the exact same thing he said.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helbereth View Post
    Oh, well you can tell I'm not in the PTR yet :P

But then it is pretty much the reforging interface. Put the item in, push the button, lose some gold.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm confident it's item-by-item, so you'd transmogrify your legs into the legs of that set if you have both those items, do that for every piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    You just contradicted him, then said the exact same thing he said.
    Not exactly (maybe close enough for government work, though). One description was put an item in slot a, then another item in slot b, then make the item in slot a look like the item in slot b. It's actually, equip the item with the stats you want, go to Transmog and put the look you want over the item and push the button. You have to be wearing something to give it a new look. Like I said, very minor, but not exactly the same thing.