Heroic Rag 25m Demo AoE on Seeds

Just looking for some suggestions from fellow raiders.

Seeds on Heroic Rag.

AoE as Demo, let's just assume, for the sake of what I bring to the raid, that Demo is the only spec I can do for this fight.

So, it's not a great decision to stand amidst the seeds and Hellfire. What about using something like Tidy Plates to figure out quickly which seed I have aggro on, it gets marked and nuked down and then I can go bananas with Hellfire/Imo/Meta on the seeds to quickly burn them down?

Any suggestions are welcome, just trying to bounce some ideas around and see what people come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    Have a paladin HoP you 6 seconds before the seeds spawn. Then you wont have aggro from any molten elementals and you can run in there straight away and start aoeing them all.

Deleted
    Set your Demonic teleport outside where the rest of the raid stack seeds and make your way towards them with your seed way out of the general group, run with your raid and Hellfire leaving your seed to be single targetting down after the mass AoEs happened. alternatively I think you can be Hand of Protectioned?

Utilize bops, its definitely far, far easier then what you suggested.
    Just have paladins rotate bops on you BEFORE seeds land. Then you won't get one targeted on you and you can just run in and hellfire spam/whatever.
    We do that for our mage in 10 man.

Thank you SO VERY much, didn't think of HoP, I did think of the teleport but not a clean way to implement it.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.

It's kinda odd that BoP works considering the elementals do fire damage with their melee attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Have a paladin HoP you 6 seconds before the seeds spawn. Then you wont have aggro from any molten elementals and you can run in there straight away and start aoeing them all.
    That doesn't work, the elementals do fire damage.

Edit:Nvm, I guess if you BoP them before the seeds land like someone said, it works.
    Last edited by jyn; 2011-09-30 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Is this when the seeds spawn or when the seeds explode and the molten elementals spawn?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Striipes View Post
    Set your Demonic teleport outside where the rest of the raid stack seeds and make your way towards them with your seed way out of the general group, run with your raid and Hellfire leaving your seed to be single targetting down after the mass AoEs happened. alternatively I think you can be Hand of Protectioned?
    You suck stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Corpselooter View Post
    Is this when the seeds spawn or when the seeds explode and the molten elementals spawn?

Thanks!
    When the seeds spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesco View Post
    You suck stripes
    What does this mean?
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Main source of your damage on seeds should be felguard felstorm. So, practice to position him on stack of seeds and begin felstorming second before explosion. your own damage from hellfire without meta is insignificant in comparison with it.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYkKZKSFRp0 this is our first kill ( yes its 10man "OMG" ) , but it works in 25man aswell , like the paladin thats playing is doing aoe on the seeds.. he run aways from the group so hes seed spawn far away from the others and then starts to aoe, well check the link and you will understand

BoP is obviously an option.

As demo you'll probably find that felstorm will be most of your damage even if you DO get to use melee range, and if you can't get into melee range Seed of Corruption will result in almost as much damage as hellfire anyway, it's just way heavier on mana and limits your movement.

Obviously if you can get BoP then that's great, but otherwise just deal with being at range, time/position felstorm properly and try to cast a couple of SoC before you have to run away.
    Last edited by avengingbt; 2011-10-01 at 08:25 PM.

Who else would benefit more from BoP in that situation lol. There are lots of different things you can do to maximize your aoe dmg on seeds. The most important being placing your felguard properly and getting the felstorm off (try and do a HoG before they explode so it has the crit buff too). As far as utilizing hellfire, Ive seen this done a few ways. The way I do it (as we dont really need aoe anymore) is to just start with RoF over the pile of seeds (you can SoC too but if you lag even for a second you have the possiblity of getting killed), brostorm then as Im kiting just spam Hellfire (stupid large radius).

The other way is to have yourself stack on the complete opposite side of the raid (meaning if they stack right you stack left) and then running into the pack and spamming hellfire since none of them will melee you. It can be a bit more tricky maximizing felstorm this way however.

I use the second method that Neyzio mentioned but I put my seed in the very back of the platform the same side of the raid instead, and order my felguard to felstorm+follow when I run into the pile of adds with hellfire after the seed exploded. The adds will be running to the raid, me and my felguard will be in the center of them with felguard felstorming and me hellfireing and hit all the adds fulltime without having to worry about my seed since it will reach me after all the other adds are dead. At least try to save your meta cd for aoe, you'll do a lot of dmg with meta+immolaltion aura+hellfire. If you have 3 seeds, only use meta once in p1 and then your meta cd should be up for the first and the third seed in p2. Dont need any BoP at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    We always gather to far side, spawn seeds there and run to middle and kite the elementals to other far end while AoEing them. I always drop portal between far side where we are stacking and middle and leave my Felguard there (when dropping circle you manually put pet on follow and get him next to you). Then I go even further away from middle than rest of the raid so my seed always spawns behind the big clump. Then I just wait there until seeds spawn, teleport and run to middle. When elementals spawn I instantly activate Felstorm while spamming following macro /targetexact Molten Elemental /cast Seed of Corruption /petattack (check spelling if you want to copy paste it). It targets closest elemental, starts casting Seed (your best ranged AoE) and your pets attack elementals hence following the main group while Felstorming. It depends your haste and rest of the gear level if you can cast one or two seeds. I can cast only one before elementals start getting so low my seeds will get wasted. So after seed cast I start channeling Hellfire trying to hit as many elementals as I can with it. My own elemental comes far behind the rest so there's no need t worry getting hit. When the lonely elemental finally reaches you I normally stun him with Axe Toss.

This way I was always top 3 AoE dmg and generally doing about 2.5 million damage to elementals. Now it's of course less as elementals die so fast valuing bursty AoE like moonkins higher. But still nothing to squint about. The most important thing is placement of your Felguard so it's either on top of the stack of elementals or slightly ahead of them. Never behind. And also making sure with some sort of macro your pet will instantly start following one of the elementals when they go active. Felstorm is the biggest AoE DPS you will do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Stand out about 30 yards directly behind your stacked raid. Run parallel as your seed spawns, and right after the seeds explode port in to your portal that is 7 yards ahead of them and hellfire + felstorm them down. Easy as cake. We have multiple demo locks so we each just alternate using meta so that it is up for every seed spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    Who else would benefit more from BoP in that situation lol.
    A Feral Druid can go uber blender on them if he's guaranteed he won't have a seed on him.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!