Tips on Aeonaxx?

I've read the comments on the WoWhead forum specifically for him; as well as the Aeonaxx resource website for any info I could come across to make finding him easier.

I've spent at least 3-5 days playtime camping for Aeonaxx, and of course the usual campers and myself all keep in touch if either Blood Seeker or Aeonaxx himself shows up, with no luck in a couple of weeks. Xariona spawned yesterday; grouped up with other campers to kill her. I have heard his spawn timer resets when/ if servers reset, but have also read that it does not.

Anyone have any tips/ tricks for finding him?
    (I use Overlay, NPC Scan, and Silver Dragon, all with the NPC IDs put in.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    ^this
    You can find everything what you need there

10+ Year Old Account
    have a good word with Lady Luck
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Camping Quartzite Basin is for nerds and squares.
    Helpful tips ? Basically park yourself near the north-western spawn points and stay there forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Camping Quartzite Basin is for nerds and squares.
    Helpful tips ? Basically park yourself near the north-western spawn points and stay there forever.
    Wouldnt say so :/ caught him twice at Quartzite Basin

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Missed 1 spawn @ basin After 4 weeks of camping almost 24 / 7
    Nabbed mine 2 days after the miss.
    Server went 6 weeks or so w/o a confirmed spawn then we saw 3 in a weekend

Quote Originally Posted by NaaBcAke View Post
    Wouldnt say so :/ caught him twice at Quartzite Basin
    This. Basin is by far the best spot.

Camped it off and on for 2-3 days and he spawned. Fight isn't too bad, I'm glad it gives you a parachute once you down it.

Just to give you an idea, i spent about the same amount of time as you, about 5 days TOTAL playtime camping (around a month real time) and then I kinda gave up and checked casually. A few nights ago in between running dungeons with my friend who just hit 85 in my guild, I decided to check and first south most spot was no dice but as I was flying up to the next spot (the one closest to temple above stonecore entrance) he spawned right in my face! He was so close I could instantly mount him. I was shocked and my hands were shaking. It was such a surprise because I waited a long time for him and here he was just instantly without any wait on that day.

My advice, is camp him but don't be afraid to rely on a little luck because it really is the only way you truly will get him anyway. Camping takes a long time and theoretically you could never see him (he could always spawn in a diff spawn point)

I advise if you do camp, to switch spots often. I seen 5 blood seekers doing this method as they only stay up for 5 seconds. That means 5 times I could've gotten Aeonaxx because I kept switching. GOOD LUCK!

Deleted
    Holy... Testicles... I was reading this thread just out of interest, and got lost into youtube watching kill vids etc.
    So, i decided to checke Deepholm myself and there she was! (i'd post a pic if i could )

Basin is not the best spot, all spots have the same % of getting a respawn. Took me 3 weeks of almost non-stop camping, missed 1 spawn by half a second. People always think Quarzite Basin is the best to camp, so that's where everyone goes. I did that in the beginning but then I went to the NW spawnspot. Got it there with no competition.

So ye, just go to one of the spots that isn't taken, highest chance to get it then.

TIPS! Well, I have been camping Aeonaxx in the same spot (about middle west side) for 2.5 weeks every day Monday thru Friday from 8am to 4pm and haven't had a sniff of an Aeonaxx spawn. Xariona spawned twice since though. I use npcscan, I have a clear cache, NOTHING! I read that the spawn window is 5.5-22 hours, but WTF it's gotta spawn in my 8a-4p window at some point! MY only suggestion is to have it up, with npcscan on, and get on with real life...but within earshot of your pc. Otherwise, go get Tol Barad rep and get that mount....like I may end up doing if this goes on 3 weeks!

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 04:02 PM ----------

What server?

Have never tried camping for him myself. Fortunately though I was on my hunter and went to go grab the Shoulder enchant for my heroic tier shoulders and BAM. Npc scan went off and all I could think was lolwut. Sure enough, found him and killed him for the mount. Not 10 minutes later one of the constant campers signed in right where I spotted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tregan View Post
    Basin is not the best spot, all spots have the same % of getting a respawn. Took me 3 weeks of almost non-stop camping, missed 1 spawn by half a second. People always think Quarzite Basin is the best to camp, so that's where everyone goes. I did that in the beginning but then I went to the NW spawnspot. Got it there with no competition.

So ye, just go to one of the spots that isn't taken, highest chance to get it then.
    At the basin, you can see 2 of the spawn locations. Double the chances of seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    At the basin, you can see 2 of the spawn locations. Double the chances of seeing it.
    At the northwestern spawns, you can see 2 of the spawn locations. Double the chances of seeing plus fewer people camping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    At the northwestern spawns, you can see 2 of the spawn locations. Double the chances of seeing plus fewer people camping it.
    If you stay close to the northern side of the Temple of Earth, you can see 4 of the spawn locations. All 3 northern ones, and the southern one by Stonecore. Aeonaxx's view distance is roughly ~250 yards, don't let that stupid circle from _NPCscan fool you. You can see him (and Xariona, incidentally), even from beyond what equals a fully zoomed out minimap.

Downsides to this method, though, include not being able to see Blood Seeker spawns or other campers at all (if they take the more conventional approach of sitting directly on a spawn point). Upsides include having massive spawn coverage, and the benefit of sanctuary on PvP realms (you're near the Temple).