The Oceanographer - Winter Squid

Looking for ideas when this will be available. I've seen a few people post that it's around the end of September ..

Quote Originally Posted by El's Extreme Anglin'
    Winter Squid are seasonal, and can only be caught between the September (Autumn/Fall) and March (Spring) equinox (approximately 22 September to 20 March). Highest catch rate 12:00-18:00. Cannot be caught 00:00-06:00, except in the highest no-junk skill areas.
    Enjoy!

And thanks for reminding me!

Get it in Blasted Lands, just use the portal from a major city to The Dark Portal, and fly to the coast.
    I first tried Aszhara, Tanaris and Feralas but i gave up after about 10 min there, i know they USED to drop
    there but after the Cataclysm i can´t be sure, so i looked on Els Angling and saw Blasted Lands had a 30% droprate
    on em, and the other places was 15%. Got it after 3 throws just outside the Alliance village there.

Got it at Blasted Lands

Thanks for your help - another seasonal achievement down

And only a short wait for the Turkinator :P

Deleted
    For anyone else, wanting this, it's fishable from 23 September. Dustwallow marsh (east coast) and Blasted Lands apparently have the highest drop rates. I caught it on the 24th in DM in 4 casts

Quote Originally Posted by Xayil View Post
    Looking for ideas when this will be available. I've seen a few people post that it's around the end of September ..
    iirc its sept 23 onwards or so
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just fished one up yesterday, so you should be good now! Just need to drag my Horde butt over to Darkshore for the grouper then I have the achieve.