Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hello everyone!!!

Another lazy desgin by Blizzard, and another way to force ppl to subscribe every month.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Another lazy desgin by Blizzard, and another way to force ppl to subscribe every month.
    How? They didn't change anything? They automated something they were having to do manually through tickets. Your post makes no sense.

It's just another feature that may be welcome for some guilds but is totally wrong for others. If the guild is set-up properly you don't even need the GM around. We're a bunch of friends playing together, but I'm basically the GM of the guild. The GM is a level 1 alt, hanging in Orgrimmar/troll AH/Bank tent, and it wasn't logged in for about 5 months, because we don't need any of it's abilities.

The officers can take out 1000g/day or repair for equal costs. The take out limit for first few tabs is 25 stacks/day and for the expensive stuff it's 5/day. Nobody complains, it's enough. The raiders or the core team, can repair or take out 500g/day, they also can take the same amount of stacks out as the officers.

Socials (friends of friends of friends) have a 200g/day repair limit (with no money takeout option) and can only see the first 4 bank slots, in which they can not deposit but can take out 5 stacks of each slot.

The guild just functions, without the presence of a GM. So don't tell me you need a GM to do your stuff. Any guild that raids should and probably has similar setup, and if they do, the GM is not important at all. The in-game recruitment is shallow to say the least so it's not even worth using it. You probably need to log your GM once a year to set up maybe a new rank, or buy another bank slot (if you don't have it already) everything else is just not important past the first setup.

That said, we got about 13 people who actually contribute to the guild and who brought the guild up to level 25, donate gold, items. The other 235 members are friends of our members, or friends of friends of our members which have a social rank, but still take guild repair benefits and are even able to get some stuff out of the first few bank slots, sometimes we even put BoE epics there that don't sell for them to take out if they desire, along with recipes, enchant formulas, plans, food and what not.

I don't want those 235 guys to have any chance to even come close to a higher rank then social, since that's what they are, they don't have any obligation to the guild, but they have benefits of being in one such guild. They should be happy enough they are harboring somewhere so lenient and get shit loads of stuff for free. I didn't beg them to join, it just happened, that they got invite by some core members, they don't really bother me and I don't bother them.

That said the guild was created in July 2005 and is an old guild. And even tho we are friends and I can trust with my balls almost everyone with an officer rank, I still wouldn't want to give up the guild to any one of them. Simple fact. We play together for ages, but we're thousand kilometers apart. I don't know anyone personally, we have shit loads of fun, we joke, we cheer, we kill bosses. The guild has a sentimental value for me, and I do think, the ones who created a guild have more of a right deciding what happens with it as any random guy that joined 3 years later.

I don't think we'll ever come across this 30 day problem, still I think there should be some ownership philosophy in this game. Every day something is taken from player in this game. So it's just boiling more and more. Why not implement a temporary GM after those 30 days, with all the abilities of the original GM, just not being able to disband the guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm not sure if you're an adult but if you were working you would know that you can't actually take all the days at the same time.
    This is not a rule. It depends. I got 25 days and I can take them all at once if I so desire, so does my father which has 43 days.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2011-10-02 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    What you seem to misunderstand is that this system has been in effect ALL ALONG. At any point, once you have been offline for 30 days, that social member had the ability to request to be made GM. That has not changed. The only difference is that is being handle in-game without the need to submit a ticket.

If you trust your social member to not attempt to take over the guild, then you have nothing to worry about, and don't need to overreact by kicking people.

For other people; read my previous post on page 9, I have explained my situation there.

Well it's not something I misunderstood, but I simply wasn't aware that this feature has always been active already, only in a different form. That makes me really scared, because all the time when me and my officers and raiders were having a raiding break, a random social member or a friend of a raider, could have simply taken over the whole guild with all it's belongings. Everything, me, my officers and raiders have worked for, would have been transferred to a random person who has put very very little or no effort at all in the whole guild.

I can understand that this system may work for some guilds, but in our case i'm left to either log in once a month to make sure an inactive guild doesn't transfer to a person that has put no effort in the guild or i'm forced to kick everyone that I don't trust taking over the guild during our raiding breaks, this means that it's going to be even more annoying to start the raids up again after a break.

I'm running a company and it's running really well and because of that we're going to climb the mount everest during the summer with most of the people from that company. We did the climbing, had a great time, but we're all looking very forward to get back home and start working again. We got back and find out that the guy, that always cleans the desks on thursday, took over the whole company because, he was the highest ranked employee after 30 days..........

I'm the guildleader and i'm responsible for the guild including the guildbank with alot of valuables. The raiders expect that I take good care of everything related to the guild. But with this feature incoming or the feature that is already active (ticket gm) it's going to be quite a shock to find out that a person who has put no effort in the guild and is simply only benefitting of the perks we earned, took over the whole guild with all his belongings. The officers and raiders will blame me, because I should have logged in every 30 days. Don't let me pay 11 euro's to log in once a month, to make sure an inactive guild stays secured...
    Last edited by mmoc45d586ea8a; 2011-10-02 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    The true agenda for this is the same for the feature of BOP items being tradeable for 2 hours after aquiring them from a boss: less people using the GM Petitions.

Unfortunately, this means that GMs are going to be far less willing to assist people in the event that their guild leadership vanishes and they're unable to get a successful resolution for guild control if, say, the person who manages to become GuildLeader first completely shuts down access to the guild bank / takes the money for himself, ect.

So yanno, this will work out fine for guilds ran by responsible adults that trust each other. Not so much for guilds with antisocial/powertripping officers that were only tolerated or kept around by the guildleader because it's his cousin's kid or he thought the guy was funny.
    So my true agenda: More subscribers due to guild masters keeping their subscriptions = MONEY!
    Your true agenda: less GM tickets -> lower customer support costs = MONEY!

Why not both?

Wrong in so many ways, unless they implement a feature that allows you to disable it.

Great music on the T13 model video... from where is it? ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    was in a guild where a RL friend was Guild leader, we didnt know how much harder everything got with an inactive guild leader, so he just quit, and didnt promote anyone..after that stuff pretty much just fell apart, since he was the only one that could do alot of stuff. so i contacted a GM and despite me saying NOT ME!! he still made me the new leader, but after that, as soon as i got into it, everything went much smoother..so yeah this is an issue alright, so I welcome this system

0.55 in the weapons preview is awesomesauce

Deleted
    following the same idea the next thing that will be implemented will be:if you are taking a break of two months (60 days) off the game - your account will be given to someone else...they're in NEED OF MONEYEND OF STORY

Hello everyone I am going to share what I think about Inactive Guild Leader replacement...
    1st: 30 days inactive is short... I would suggest 60-90days at least Reason is that yes real life is important then the game overall. In situations like people having bad situations where they are in the hospital for more then 30 days and not able to contact (no internet)

2nd:About the situation who the Original Guild Master can trust is very in the hands of who he or she give it to
    (It could either be someone he or she does not know in real life and just faking to be nice until the time comes to take advantage or something while other cases could be that you know the person from real life and know his or her personality and is really trusted)

3rd:If this system is going to be randomly first come first serve thing then you going to have more problems then solutions in this game. We have ninja who would take all the gold or items from out the guild bank once they have Guild Master or could Disband the whole guild or kick out people whenever, where ever. This situation needs to be fix and need to be think through about security reasons.

4th: It would be a good suggest for the ORIGINAL Guild Master to set up things of what to take out in the same tab while others items in the same tab can not be taken out and how much gold can be taken out per Month from the whole guild members. So when the next person get Guild Master they can run it.

5th: (I suggest you make a system call Guild Master assistance{Meaning do not have too much power like the original Guild Master but can run the guild normally})
    For example If the Guild Master (Original one) is gone for more then 30 days and the next random person gets Guild Master Please do not make the guild master assistant be able to Disband or take gold or items that is unnecessary to get out. Only items that the Original Guild Master assign for the Guild Master Assistant can do while he or she is inactive.

6th: I suggest that when the new person is Guild master and through 6 months-1 year the ORIGINAL Guild master is still not there... then the person who is assistance can take over the guild from there... I am just saying give the Guild Master (Original) the Chance to come back online. Many situations happen and can not be solve within 30days.

If you're a Gm and you have to worry about being over thrown while you're on your death bed then people must not really like you. Stop your QQ about how 30 days is too short, just make a rank with your most reliable person in the guild so they get GM. Once you get back have them promote you back. Its not hard to understand, please enough with this "OH ITS GOING TO BE ABUSED" crap. 30 days is a long time.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best update! I hate when GuildMasters just stop showing up completely! Has happened to me 1 or 2 times.