Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

New in 4.3: Inactive Guild Leader Replacement

New in 4.3: Inactive Guild Leader Replacement
    Originally Posted by Lylirra (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the event that a guild leader takes a leave of absence and remains inactive for an extended period of time, it can be difficult for some guilds to carry on as normal. To help assist with these situations, we're introducing a new system in patch 4.3 known as "inactive guild leader replacement" that will allow players of the appropriate rank to take over leadership of a guild from an inactive guild leader via the Guild tab.

The way inactive guild leader replacement works is pretty straightforward. If a guild leader’s character is inactive for 30 days, a notification will appear in the Guild News & Events feed which can only be seen by guild members who are eligible to become the new guild leader. To determine eligibility, the game will look for the highest ranked character in the guild that's logged on in the past week, and any guild member from that rank will be able to request guild leadership simply by clicking on the notification.

As with many actions in World of Warcraft, clicking on the notification will open up a confirmation window which, once accepted, will transition leadership from the inactive guild leader to the first player to request leadership. If guild leadership is changed, the old guild leader will be notified via email to his or her registered Battle.net address. While some players may need to log out and back in before their Guild tab will visually update, the change in leadership will be immediate, with all ranks and permissions remaining in-tact.

Please note that if you're an active leader of a guild, this system should not affect you or your guild. The goal of inactive guild leader replacement is simply to allow guilds which have found themselves without leadership for a long period of time to resolve the situation on their own without the need to contact our In-Game Support department.

Inactive guild leader replacement is currently live on the PTR, but keep in mind that it may be difficult to test, as a guild leader will need to be inactive for a full 30 days before the option to transition leadership will become available.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good, you used to be able to do this by petition, but this should make it easier, and prevents any old person from doing it.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-09-30 at 07:37 PM.

If high ranked players are competent enough (which they should be, anyway), there shouldn't be any problems. Will someone complain about this too? I guess so...

30 days is a bit...short. O_o

Catering to casuals again

Quote Originally Posted by shesta View Post
    Well, it has always been 30 days. The difference between now and the new system is that currently, you put in a ticket in order to get leadership after the guild leader hasn't logged on it at least 30 days.

Haven't really been in a situation where this is needed... Although I can see where it can get troublesome.

Deleted
    Sure
    Dont address major problems
    Fiddle with useless rubish noone cares about. If a GL goes absent for longs periods of time, your guild probably isnt worth nothing, and guild hoping should be no problem

No it's not. If you're gone for more than 30 days you should pass leadership anyhow - even if it's only temporary. I like this. Just hope that some dumbasses dont use/abuse this.

wow this is stupid, 30 days? it should be 15 or less. C'mon blizz get with the program... JK I think its a wonderful thing they are adding in, little things add up in the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shesta View Post
    It's all relative. It's really not that short, but for a Guild Master leaving having control of all aspects of the guild, it's a LONG time for thoese in the guild. You used to be able to petition it to you, but the problem with that was that anyone of any rank could do that.

Just log in once in the 30 day period to keep it rolling if you're concerned.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

How is this difficult to test? Have 20 Blizz employees create 5 guilds each. Log in on first day, none thereafter. Then log in on officer toons inside each respective guild every day thereafter, to maintain activity. They DO want to test this, right?

Sounds ridiculous, guild leaders won't be able to take a break from WoW.So if they know they're going to come back to WoW someday, they'll have to kick every single member out of the guild so nobody can take the level 25 guild.

I forsee a lot of raging.

Great idea, Blizzard. So if I'll decide to take some rest from Wow for a long time period I'll have to kick all of my guild members.

Deleted
    i foresee a lot of guild master changes the next summer when a guild leader may go on vacation for even more than 30 days..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    No it's not. If you're gone for more than 30 days you should pass leadership anyhow - even if it's only temporary. I like this. Just hope that some dumbasses dont use/abuse this.
    There's nothing to abuse, 30 days might not be long.., but hopefully officer n' alike talks a potential g-transfer over, n' if the reason is valid once / if an old leader returns, it's easy to transfer back.
    Either your there for the guild or your not, don't really see any grey zone..

Anything(with the obvious caveat of 'Don't be retarded') that reduces the number of tickets by eliminating the problem is a good thing.

It seems like a lot of people did not know that the 30 day inactive rule has been around for a while and is not just being implemented in 4.3. They are just making it more automated instead of having to put in a ticket to get the guild leadership changed over from an inactive guild master.

Does it work by testing your account? What I mean is, what if your main is the GM and you reroll to a different toon but simply don't bother passing on GM status to the new toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Sounds ridiculous, guild leaders won't be able to take a break from WoW.So if they know they're going to come back to WoW someday, they'll have to kick every single member out of the guild so nobody can take the level 25 guild.

I forsee a lot of raging.
    The same system is already in place now, if an guild master has been inactive for 30 days you can write a ticket to transfer leadership to someone else in the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.