Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    My main spec is holy , but i have 370ish ret gear ... done BH 10 few days ago , pulled 30 k on it with some decent procs ... but it really depends on your luck , did round 60-70k on the eagle boss in ZA a while back , was tanking it the whole fight with tank spaming taunt , but ive got exo/3hp procs on almost all atacks i made , didnt even bother to use Zealotry ...

ret. is rng class of cata .... period

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to figure out why some of these guilds are still taking retri's to raids...desperation?

ret consistant ? either your lucky as hell with proks or your useing haks ... gief hacks :<

OT: between 15 and 24 on dummys this is a 10 min test and doing it 20 times there was waaaaaaaaaay to much variance in procs,
    but in raid get around 20 to 25 mainly tanks to haveing faverable buffs going, though have had days when got 10 to 18 due to
    movment and RNG gods being mean.
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Deleted
    You guys are crazy, I havent leveled a pally but I tried a premade on PTR with full 378 and correctly enchanted gemmed and reforged and I couldnt get over 15k on a targetdummie even with the CLCret-addon. Now I want to try the challenge of leveling one and mastering retri even more ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Definitely questionable enough to call 'SS or didn't happen.'' on that. That's what I'll make of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    I agree. I highly doubt that your guild's ret paladin could sustain 38K dps, considering it is a burst spec.
    I do around the same dps in raids so it's possible.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=2937&e=3242

A log so you can see as I don't have a Screenshot.
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamahut View Post

That's not even close to 38k. That's 23.3k.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamahut View Post

What? I dont even....if serious...?

Anyhow this topic turned into e pen mesure, with people talking about 38 k dps female paladins and other bullsh1ts. Prolly shoud be locked soon, for further info there is this cool site called world of logs, where all the info can be checked..

Ok, yes I did the same 2 weeks ago this week I did 29k, this thread is about constant dps but what happened 2 weeks ago was that I had alot of proc's this week I didn't so of course we can but it's not our doing that is a problem it has nothing to do with skill, it has to do with Luck. There was no difference in gear in my case.
    And this is why I gave a stupidly large range for my "constant" DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieroth View Post
    How much dps are you guys doing currently as Ret. I'm a prot pally and im thinking about using ret as an offspec. I've heard of people doing 25k constantly (not burst). I was just wondering what you guys were hitting.
    There is no such thing as "constant" dps as ret, as the dps you pull will be proportionate to what percentage of the fight can be covered by cooldowns, or how well you can line your cooldowns up with burn phases.

As far as a reasonable average dps figure figure for a current fight, you should be able to pull 25k easily without full 378 gear, in mainly 359's coming right out of T11 content in your offspec set.

I havn't played ret in aaages... well actually I respecced off it and I can't comment on raid DPS since I don't DPS raids (I suck) but it would depend on fight but in ZA/ZG if I got a good streak or procs I could do 22-24k otherwise I'd normally be at 14k. Generally though I was being lazy and not actually trying haha

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

As I started playing and hitting 85 the first couple of weeks I thought I was just bad, but now after have been decent geared for a while and still see people doing 5k more dps overall in zandalaris and t11 raids with worse gear I'm starting to realize there's more to it. This thread comforts me yet makes me more frustrated at the same time. I'm not gonna talk about FL dps until I come back with a sulfuras and min ilvl 380, maybe then I can compete with some other (melee) classes. As long as the RNG gods are on my side.

tl;dr: hi guys i just registed this account to whine about my class.
    j/k sorry for rant =D

I don't believe there is such a thing as constant DPS...you might try average DPS.
    It's just wayyyy to rng to give you a figure. But I pull a decent 25k-30k or so in FL after a full boss fight.

Deleted
    ^logs & armory or it didnt happen.