View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Well...
    Spoiler about season 9:
    The whole season will be Robin&Barney's wedding.
    That's right. The wedding stretched out over the whole freaking season

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...hat-comes-next
    "At the end of a long statement CBS put out this morning, Bays said, "Our ninth season will tell the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever. We hope you like it. Next stop, Farhampton...""

Since when did the creators go from "awesome epic storytelling", to "stupid insanely terrible idiots". Are they high? Or were they high when they wrote the first few seasons?

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Well...
    Spoiler about season 9:
    The whole season will be Robin&Barney's wedding.
    That's right. The wedding stretched out over the whole freaking season

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...hat-comes-next
    Well fuck that.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

F that right in the ear.

I was 23 when this show started, and in the 8 years it's taken to air, I've lived and worked abroad, gotten a law degree, gotten a job, and became too damn tired to keep up with these shenanigans any more. Hell, I'll probably meet the mother of my children before Ted does, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    F that right in the ear.

I was 23 when this show started, and in the 8 years it's taken to air, I've lived and worked abroad, gotten a law degree, gotten a job, and became too damn tired to keep up with these shenanigans any more. Hell, I'll probably meet the mother of my children before Ted does, at this point.
    Remember to tell them the 8+ year long story of how it happened, then
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

It was never an issue of the story being too long. We knew it was gonna be as long as the show kept getting picked up. It's just these past few seasons, they've picked a really stupid way to tell the story. And, I guess I would have liked seeing the last season or being them developing their relationship, not the series ending the moment they meet.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

was good the first 2 seasons, its terribad nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It was never an issue of the story being too long. We knew it was gonna be as long as the show kept getting picked up. It's just these past few seasons, they've picked a really stupid way to tell the story. And, I guess I would have liked seeing the last season or being them developing their relationship, not the series ending the moment they meet.
    Well, I guess it IS called "how I MET your mother", not "how I WED your mother". Still probably won't bother watching it.

It's definitely a show that needed a definitive arc to tell the story within. 5 seasons, maybe 6, should have been it.

Should I continue watching "How I Met Your Mother"?

I started watching HIMYM today because of a trade chat conversation, and I've watched the first 5 episodes or so on Netflix. I was wondering if it gets better? So far the show and its characters all seem so awkward. I have to pause or mute the show every few minutes because I'm cringing so badly. Is this a common problem with the first few episodes, or is this what the show is like?

It's not bad; I've watched all that's on Netflix.

You can enjoy the show if you remember that it's okay to hate Ted Mosby. I hope at the end of the series, he tells the children that he's infertile and they're not really his, just so they can be relieved that they're not biologically related to him.

The strongest parts of the show center on Marshall and Lily or Barney and ________. Ted's generally irrelevant unless the showrunners were getting told to get things moving that season, then he suddenly does something (usually something stupid).

First few seasons are very good, and then it drops hard quality wise. The jokes and the storylines gets so cringeworthy after then.

IMO if you don't like the first 5 episodes, you should probably just drop the series alltogether because it essentially carries on with that format.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    watched one episode out of curiosity. Switched channels at the first advert break. Its friends for a new generation, but with different actors and not as funny.

Its one of those shows where none of the episodes seem to stand out after watching them and they all just blend together. Its passable/watchable, its not the best sitcom around but its not the worst.

5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

meh I enjoyed it up to the part where robin is infertile and can't have barney's babies... that's basically when I dropped it... I really hate this kinda drama in comedies...

point being that the only character carrying this show is Barney... and they fucked him over anyway... Lily and Marshal get really annoying later in the show ...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-07-25 at 01:32 AM.

It used to be really good in the beginning. Barney Stinson is one of the best characters on tv right now. But they ran off on ideas like 2-? seasons ago...

Anyone watching the new season? It's surprisingly good.

Thank you Linus.

Anyone watching the new season? It's surprisingly good.

Thank you Linus.
    I think it's the worst one so far.

I thought it was only going to be 4 episodes... I was kinda hoping it would finally be over instead of them dragging it out.
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

This is probably the worst season of a TV show ever. I'd rather watch Seinfeld, and I hate Seinfeld.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

New episode:

So, what, is the Mother some higher power that can tell who people are just by looking at them? She goes off on this prophetic rant after seeing barney for a few seconds. It really kills what little character she had. And then they hang out on a bench for her to give more advice? To a complete stranger? Yeah, not buying it.

New episode:

So, what, is the Mother some higher power that can tell who people are just by looking at them? She goes off on this prophetic rant after seeing barney for a few seconds. It really kills what little character she had. And then they hang out on a bench for her to give more advice? To a complete stranger? Yeah, not buying it.

Not just a complete stranger. Barney, the guy who has slept with hundreds of women, and turned down by thousands more. Then he gets his whole life turned around by 1 random chick at a 7-11.

they are dragging this out way to long, and it's just not as funny as it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.