View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's definitely a show that needed a definitive arc to tell the story within. 5 seasons, maybe 6, should have been it.

Should I continue watching "How I Met Your Mother"?

I started watching HIMYM today because of a trade chat conversation, and I've watched the first 5 episodes or so on Netflix. I was wondering if it gets better? So far the show and its characters all seem so awkward. I have to pause or mute the show every few minutes because I'm cringing so badly. Is this a common problem with the first few episodes, or is this what the show is like?

It's not bad; I've watched all that's on Netflix.

You can enjoy the show if you remember that it's okay to hate Ted Mosby. I hope at the end of the series, he tells the children that he's infertile and they're not really his, just so they can be relieved that they're not biologically related to him.

The strongest parts of the show center on Marshall and Lily or Barney and ________. Ted's generally irrelevant unless the showrunners were getting told to get things moving that season, then he suddenly does something (usually something stupid).

10+ Year Old Account
    First few seasons are very good, and then it drops hard quality wise. The jokes and the storylines gets so cringeworthy after then.

IMO if you don't like the first 5 episodes, you should probably just drop the series alltogether because it essentially carries on with that format.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Deleted
    watched one episode out of curiosity. Switched channels at the first advert break. Its friends for a new generation, but with different actors and not as funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its one of those shows where none of the episodes seem to stand out after watching them and they all just blend together. Its passable/watchable, its not the best sitcom around but its not the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh I enjoyed it up to the part where robin is infertile and can't have barney's babies... that's basically when I dropped it... I really hate this kinda drama in comedies...

point being that the only character carrying this show is Barney... and they fucked him over anyway... Lily and Marshal get really annoying later in the show ...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-07-25 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    It used to be really good in the beginning. Barney Stinson is one of the best characters on tv right now. But they ran off on ideas like 2-? seasons ago...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone watching the new season? It's surprisingly good.

Thank you Linus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anyone watching the new season? It's surprisingly good.

Thank you Linus.
    I think it's the worst one so far.

I thought it was only going to be 4 episodes... I was kinda hoping it would finally be over instead of them dragging it out.

This is probably the worst season of a TV show ever. I'd rather watch Seinfeld, and I hate Seinfeld.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

So, what, is the Mother some higher power that can tell who people are just by looking at them? She goes off on this prophetic rant after seeing barney for a few seconds. It really kills what little character she had. And then they hang out on a bench for her to give more advice? To a complete stranger? Yeah, not buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

So, what, is the Mother some higher power that can tell who people are just by looking at them? She goes off on this prophetic rant after seeing barney for a few seconds. It really kills what little character she had. And then they hang out on a bench for her to give more advice? To a complete stranger? Yeah, not buying it.

Not just a complete stranger. Barney, the guy who has slept with hundreds of women, and turned down by thousands more. Then he gets his whole life turned around by 1 random chick at a 7-11.

they are dragging this out way to long, and it's just not as funny as it used to be.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this week's episode was the first time I've ever intentionally watched an episode of a TV show, and cut if off before finishing it. How freaking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this week's episode was the first time I've ever intentionally watched an episode of a TV show, and cut if off before finishing it. How freaking stupid.
    I always add 1-2 minutes for TV shows on my DVR because my television show's kept cutting off when the program wasn't complete :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    I always add 1-2 minutes for TV shows on my DVR because my television show's kept cutting off when the program wasn't complete :P
    Sorry, I meant I actively stopped watching because the episode was so stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I meant I actively stopped watching because the episode was so stupid.
    oh haha I'm just waiting for the show to end ... feels so dragged out
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Yeah, the rhyming nonsense was ridiculous. Why do we care about the story of Marvin's first memory, by the way?!?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, the rhyming nonsense was ridiculous. Why do we care about the story of Marvin's first memory, by the way?!?
    They have to fill up 24 episodes somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    They have to fill up 24 episodes somehow.
    Yet another reason the 13 episode format is much, much better. Even if they're only half an hour long.