View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is it just me, or is every episode this season basically just a "ok, let's flashback and talk about stuff that ISN'T actually happening right now, so we can bullshit recon a full season?
    Pretty much.

I used to love this show and I don't generally listen to doomsayers about decay of quality (I still think Community is brilliant!) but my god this show has been treated poorly lately. I could barely sit through the last episode. It wasn't funny, it was just dragging on and most of all; it was so predictable. I wanted to fast forward to the end because at most, we get maybe 2 minutes of interesting material towards the end of ze episodes.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

At this point I feel like I have to watch it to the end only because I have followed it for so long. I will be happy when it is finally over.

I echo the comments since mine and agree. You can tell what they were trying to do with the story (sort of like how Community does its themed episodes), but it just fell flat. The whole episode, I was right along with Barney saying "But you didn't really go to Shanghai..." It was totally off the rails. The whole episode was Marshall making up a story to shoehorn in a slap. And the slap at the end was the only interesting part (it looks like NPH actually got slapped, what with the slow motion and the face contortion).

Every time I see the opening and it says "X hours before the wedding" I want to scream at my TV: HOW DO YOU DO A 23 EPISODE SEASON ABOUT A 48 HOUR WEEKEND IF YOU'RE NOT KEIFER SUTHERLAND?? It's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    At this point I feel like I have to watch it to the end only because I have followed it for so long. I will be happy when it is finally over.
    Same here, I'm only watching it because I want to see it out.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Same here, I'm only watching it because I want to see it out.
    Hate when series turn out to suck at the end but you feel the need to stick with it to the end

Was forced to watch this while playing poker this week (apparently, I *do* have friends that like it) because there was no important sports stuff on, and it has gotten way worse... which say something because I already thought it was a pretty poor show. I legitimately don't understand the appeal.

I still love it. I think that many of the new episodes pack some interesting character development, although I will say that they are pushing the filler-episodes a little bit. But when it ends, I won’t have new episodes come around to entertain me anymore - and neither will you. I’m just happy they’re still producing quality episodes, even though they aren’t as good as the first seasons.

Yes, I said it. I still love it.

BLASPHEMY! BURN THE BASTARD!

Well, it was kind of a cop out, but I think it worked.

This is the kind of episode that makes me wonder exactly how much the creators had planned that long ago. How much stuff they came up with right before shooting. Barney's vengeance being one of those things. Luke and Penny apparently are Ted's kids' names, though we still don't know the mother's. I do wonder how Marshall and Lily's argument resolves, because it appears to me that they never went to Italy. Or maybe they split up again and pursue their own goals separately.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Marshall was totally right, she can't say she's never been as selfish as he's being after she took off to San Fran. He was going to lose his job anyway though if they went to Italy what he should have done was just told them Yes then talked to Lily about it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    HOW DO YOU DO A 23 EPISODE SEASON ABOUT A 48 HOUR WEEKEND IF YOU'RE NOT KEIFER SUTHERLAND??
    i am sort of hoping Kiefer makes an appearance now. brilliant.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week Can a guy and a girl ever have a truly platonic friendship?

I don't understand why Lilly can't just go to Italy for a year for her art thing. It's not like they're moving there permanently. Not all the art in the world is in Italy. In fact, NYC is a pretty damn good place for art.

Barneys revenge plan and what his job is in 20 min....rushed?

They could have left out the "jabba drunk" and "can't-lie-drunk"
    Instead they could have Barney have a breakdown and/or revelation that his past life is soon over, and through that tell them what he has done in the past.

The Lily&Marshall fight was good, but it ended too quick imho (I like Lilys acting when she's on the verge of tears )

Ok episode, much, MUCH better than the Slap-Bet episode
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    They could have left out the "jabba drunk" and "can't-lie-drunk"
    Instead they could have Barney have a breakdown and/or revelation that his past life is soon over, and through that tell them what he has done in the past.
    That wouldn't have been nearly as funny.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't understand why Lilly can't just go to Italy for a year for her art thing. It's not like they're moving there permanently. Not all the art in the world is in Italy. In fact, NYC is a pretty damn good place for art.
    Two people have a dream, one of them is a one time offer for a life-time job, the other a one year visit to a foreign country... No real reason they can't just have a year apart and visit often/ swap the kid.

Plus, "we need to talk about it" =/= "we're doing what I want, because I said so!".

But really, it's just senseless tension to set up her storming off. They couldn't even just put the argument off until after their best friends wedding? I assume the Wife will reconcile her or something, just more Wife-Building I think.

New episode:

I hate that the show has so many moments, I can't remember any of the ones referenced, but I love the idea of an episode with the Mother as the main character. No plot advancement really though, and I was told that she would be meeting Robin. I admit I got a little teary at it. Also, it becomes far more obvious that they just made a female Ted. But I still like her. I just wish they didn't make it so obvious.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    That wouldn't have been nearly as funny.
    It wasn't funny either way and it didn't need to try
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think MMO-C should be renamed "HJTC-C" - Hyperbolic Jumping To Conclusions Champion.

New episode:

I hate that the show has so many moments, I can't remember any of the ones referenced, but I love the idea of an episode with the Mother as the main character. No plot advancement really though, and I was told that she would be meeting Robin. I admit I got a little teary at it. Also, it becomes far more obvious that they just made a female Ted. But I still like her. I just wish they didn't make it so obvious.
    I remembered most of them and it was cool seeing them all together and her side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    It wasn't funny either way and it didn't need to try
    It made me laugh and your scenario wouldn't have and you apparently wouldn't have laughed either way so they did it the right way.

I laughed at the bit where her friend first turned down Barney outside the night-club on St. Patrick's, and then fell for his "genie in the pants" routine.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I still love it. I think that many of the new episodes pack some interesting character development, although I will say that they are pushing the filler-episodes a little bit. But when it ends, I won’t have new episodes come around to entertain me anymore - and neither will you. I’m just happy they’re still producing quality episodes, even though they aren’t as good as the first seasons.

Yes, I said it. I still love it.

BLASPHEMY! BURN THE BASTARD!
    They def are pushing the filler episodes this season a little too far. I think they could have packed a lot of better episodes. I was hoping this week would continue where Marshall and Lilly left off after how they ended last weeks episode but they didn't. However I did like the episode "how your mother met me" that was a good filler episode. She really is a female version of Ted.

- - - Updated - - -

New episode:

Yes but didn't they mention there may be a spin off of "how your mother met me" that showcases her and her friends before meeting Ted. So could the new episode be related to the spin off or leave room for a spin off? Also commenting on one of your posts back I thought Teds kids were Luke and Leia?

Sorry I couldnt figure out how to black this out or if it needed to be lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I laughed at the bit where her friend first turned down Barney outside the night-club on St. Patrick's, and then fell for his "genie in the pants" routine.
    I don't really know how anyone could fall for that unless they were a vastly large bimbo.

New episode was good. A refreshing change. The Mother's story seems a lot more sweet and endearing than the mishmash of idiocy that was Ted's life.