View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I assume he'll meet the mother at the end of season 8 and then season 9 will be building up to either the proposal or them getting married, and that will be the last episode. To me that makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I assume he'll meet the mother at the end of season 8 and then season 9 will be building up to either the proposal or them getting married, and that will be the last episode. To me that makes perfect sense.
    That could work as well, but it is a shame it's going to take an entire other season.
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

Just watching the commentary to the episode of season 7 titles Karma, never watched any HIMYM commentaries before. This was pretty good.

Apparently they have had Conan O'Brian cameo in an episode before, they mentioned it in this episode when they had someone called Paul Geomati casually sitting in the back, so I assume Conans cameo was similar. I probably spelled his name wrong as I don't know him, he's probably only famous in America.

Also Barneys character drinks red bull because Neil likes red bull and red bull gave him a life time supply of red bull and a fridge for the episode where he crushed a 6pack of red bull on his forehead (the episode he was chasing a cougar)

Yea, but that can be done in what? 5 episodes without rushing it. A whole season will be way to much

EDIT: Guess they could realease a short 9th season though

Just watching the commentary to the episode of season 7 titles Karma, never watched any HIMYM commentaries before. This was pretty good.

Apparently they have had Conan O'Brian cameo in an episode before, they mentioned it in this episode when they had someone called Paul Geomati casually sitting in the back, so I assume Conans cameo was similar. I probably spelled his name wrong as I don't know him, he's probably only famous in America.

Also Barneys character drinks red bull because Neil likes red bull and red bull gave him a life time supply of red bull and a fridge for the episode where he crushed a 6pack of red bull on his forehead (the episode he was chasing a cougar)
    A life time supply!

I used to work with a guy that applied to them for sponsorship because he drank so much. They returned a letter urging him to see a doctor immediately because he was drinking dangerous amounts lol.
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

Yup I like it. Funniest/most unforgettable moment for me was when Barney decided to jam with his brother n step/fake dad in their piano duo. He went soul-mode with his vocals n it was quite epic!
    I worry there's three of me, and each of us is blind.

From funny show it went to crap show, pretty much its one big borecraft after season 5. Not worth a watch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yea, but that can be done in what? 5 episodes without rushing it. A whole season will be way to much

EDIT: Guess they could realease a short 9th season though
    Eh I don't really feel they could do that in 5 episodes without rushing it. A season for that seems fitting since the entire show is kind of leading up to him meeting the mother.

Sounds like the producers, writes, etc. had plotted out a last season, only for an extra season to be approved, so they had to scramble and come up with a storyline to carry them over.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Sounds like the producers, writes, etc. had plotted out a last season, only for an extra season to be approved, so they had to scramble and come up with a storyline to carry them over.
    I don't think so, they've been trying to get Jason Segal (Marshal) to sign for the 9th season since season 6.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I don't think so, they've been trying to get Jason Segal (Marshal) to sign for the 9th season since season 6.
    i wouldn't blame him for not wanting to sign on for a 9th. the show has drug on far too long, and it would annoy the crap out of me.
    ted should have gotten over robin sooner, barney and her should have been together a lot sooner, should have had the wedding as early as eason 6. the whole series could have been shortened a ton. kind of annoying how much filler has been thrown in there. but i still love the show.

This week's episode kind of sucked. I do wonder how the show will continue with Marshall and lily in Rome

Season finale spoiler synopsis and thoughts:

"As the gang prepares to go to Robin and Barney’s wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the house he’s finally finished fixing up. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney’s night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple (Casey Wilson and Keegan-Michael Key), and Marshall takes the baby on a last-minute trip to Minnesota to see his family."

...Wait, what? That doesn't sound like the wedding, and it doesn't sound like the scene with Ted at the bus stop or wherever meeting his wife. They better as hell not be putting that day off YET AGAIN.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This week's episode kind of sucked. I do wonder how the show will continue with Marshall and lily in Rome

Season finale spoiler synopsis and thoughts:

"As the gang prepares to go to Robin and Barney’s wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the house he’s finally finished fixing up. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney’s night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple (Casey Wilson and Keegan-Michael Key), and Marshall takes the baby on a last-minute trip to Minnesota to see his family."

...Wait, what? That doesn't sound like the wedding, and it doesn't sound like the scene with Ted at the bus stop or wherever meeting his wife. They better as hell not be putting that day off YET AGAIN.

If the Barney/Robin wedding isn't this season I'm stopping watching it.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

FINALLY

That is all. Totally not off topic if you've seen S08E24.

FINALLY

That is all. Totally not off topic if you've seen S08E24.
    YES.

She looks a bit like Lily. I wonder if that was intentional. Huge relief for me, I really didn't want them to wait with the reveal until the last season.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

OMG SHE IS FINALLY REVEALED! This means that the next season will be the last? I guess 9 Seasons is good, but man it was awesome!
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    OMG SHE IS FINALLY REVEALED! This means that the next season will be the last? I guess 9 Seasons is good, but man it was awesome!
    it was supposed to end tonight but network squeezed a ninth season jason segel was holding out cause the guy is so damn busy and he wants to move on

Yeah, I'm done. The wedding scene was like 16 season ago, and they still aren't there yet. All we saw was a Lily look-a-like (yeah, she's pretty damn cute) to end the season. No actual meeting. So, what, will the next fucking season be in a time span of 56 hours? or maybe three hours. I don't know how 24+ episodes can take the span of less time that it takes to air, but somehow they'll pull it off. I'm done with the dumbest storytelling method ever

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Yeah, I'm not really interested in anything other than Robin and Barney's wedding. If that isn't the first episode of the next season I'm not going to bother watching it.

Maybe the last season will be half-length?

Yeah, I'm not really interested in anything other than Robin and Barney's wedding. If that isn't the first episode of the next season I'm not going to bother watching it.
    Well...
    Spoiler about season 9:
    The whole season will be Robin&Barney's wedding.
    That's right. The wedding stretched out over the whole freaking season

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...hat-comes-next
    Last edited by Ysen; 2013-05-14 at 06:33 PM.