View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    59 74.68%
  • No...

    20 25.32%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    Story-wise, I'm a little disappointed in the new season. I know they tend to go backwards and tell stories out of order, but this time they left a cliffhanger last season and they apparently won't be revealing it until the END of this season. New episodes are ok. Robin looks really different. I just want them to get to the wedding already.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  2. #102
    Seasons 1-5 is some outstanding comedy and very original. Sadly, anything beyond those seasons pale in comparison.

  3. #103
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    i have every season on dvd. im enjoying the current season so far.

  4. #104
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    I love it! Just finished season 6 on 1channel.ch. Best site ever and it's with good quality if you watch the putlocker one.





    EPIC

  5. #105
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    Anybody watching the new season?

    It looks like we might "meet" the mother at the end of the season. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I believe the last scene in the last episode was Ted sitting on a bench at (or going to/from) Barney's wedding. So, we could also see his wedding being the finale. Which means, the wedding we saw two seasons ago. My stance hasn't changed on this. I don't like how they've teased the past couple seasons. We know Robin is the bride, show the damn thing already.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  6. #106
    I couldn't get past the third episode of season 1. Haven't bothered with the show since then.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

  7. #107
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I couldn't get past the third episode of season 1. Haven't bothered with the show since then.
    I obviously can't guarantee you'll like it, but you should atleast watch a few more episodes. The last few seasons have been a bit slow, but the first 3-4 ones are great. (I don't think the show is bad now, it's just that the last 2 seasons they've been wrapping up important story parts so it feels more forced)
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anybody watching the new season?

    It looks like we might "meet" the mother at the end of the season. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I believe the last scene in the last episode was Ted sitting on a bench at (or going to/from) Barney's wedding. So, we could also see his wedding being the finale. Which means, the wedding we saw two seasons ago. My stance hasn't changed on this. I don't like how they've teased the past couple seasons. We know Robin is the bride, show the damn thing already.
    After all this time... No way they can give a me satisfying end
    I don't care who the mother is anymore, I stopped caring seasons ago..


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  9. #109
    i like the show but i'm annoyed that they're pushing barney and robin together. it's just an awkward looking couple. he was far more compatible with quinn.

  10. #110
    The show has it's moments, but it's just not very funny to me. Different strokes for different folks.

  11. #111
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    Great show.

  12. #112
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,456
    I really think this show is starting to loose its thing. I hope it will end soon!

  13. #113
    Brewmaster Nigeldruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I really think this show is starting to loose its thing. I hope it will end soon!
    I completely agree. To me it started going downhill when Barney and Robin were dating. I'm not saying that is what ruined the show, but that was the start of the decline to me. It's still enjoyable, and I'll still watch it, but I'm not looking forwards to new episodes like I used to. I guess it's hard to keep this stuff interesting for so long. I have the same feeling about Big Bang Theory. It has started to lose it's flare.
    Nothing worth having comes easy. That's why hard content is worth doing, and easy content is a waste of time.

  14. #114
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    I completely agree. To me it started going downhill when Barney and Robin were dating. I'm not saying that is what ruined the show, but that was the start of the decline to me. It's still enjoyable, and I'll still watch it, but I'm not looking forwards to new episodes like I used to. I guess it's hard to keep this stuff interesting for so long. I have the same feeling about Big Bang Theory. It has started to lose it's flare.
    That's exactly when it started to go down hill. Even though Ted is technically the main character, this show would be absolutely nothing without barney. When barney started dating robin and even the stripper chick (Can't remember her name) we weren't getting his hilarious single side. All of his ridiculous pick up lines/acts and made up rules(or codes, I don't remember what he calls them) were one of the main things that made the show so funny.


    For the current episodes; like Everything Nice said, who the mother is really doesn't matter.... But the whole point of the show is Ted telling stories to his kids of how he met their mother, so once they do show the mother that's pretty much the end of the show. But they keep hinting at it and it's getting really annoying, I feel like they are dragging the show along when it should have ended last season after that wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  15. #115
    Yeah, I miss single-Barney :/
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  16. #116
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,008
    New episode was good. However:

    Victoria dumped her fiance at the altar for Ted. Then convinced him to let said fiance live with them for awhile. The new episode turns her into a major bitch. She demands that Ted stop being friends with Robin, a girl he dated years ago. So, she gets to live with the guy she was seconds away from marrying, but he's not allowed to hang out with a girl he used to date. Great. Gotta love double standards.

    Also, where have I heard that story from before? Oh yeah, Friends, when Emily did the same to Ross. But at least in that case, he said Rachel's name at the altar.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New episode was good. However:

    Victoria dumped her fiance at the altar for Ted. Then convinced him to let said fiance live with them for awhile. The new episode turns her into a major bitch. She demands that Ted stop being friends with Robin, a girl he dated years ago. So, she gets to live with the guy she was seconds away from marrying, but he's not allowed to hang out with a girl he used to date. Great. Gotta love double standards.

    Also, where have I heard that story from before? Oh yeah, Friends, when Emily did the same to Ross. But at least in that case, he said Rachel's name at the altar.

    Confirming once and for all that How I Met Your Mother was made for recovering Friends addicts!


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  18. #118
    It's ok. The show reminds me terribly of Friends, which paled in comparison to Seinfeld.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I really think this show is starting to loose its thing. I hope it will end soon!
    I feel the same, it's losing it's shine and even 90% of the Barney stuff is old now. It's still a good show but as before I couldn't wait for the next episode I really don't care if I miss it anymore, I wouldn't mind missing the lot and just seeing who the mum is at the end tbh.

  20. #120
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    I really like this show and own all the seasons. However. Its time for it to end.



    WHAT'S IN THE BOX??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •