View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yea, but that can be done in what? 5 episodes without rushing it. A whole season will be way to much

EDIT: Guess they could realease a short 9th season though
    Eh I don't really feel they could do that in 5 episodes without rushing it. A season for that seems fitting since the entire show is kind of leading up to him meeting the mother.

Deleted
    Sounds like the producers, writes, etc. had plotted out a last season, only for an extra season to be approved, so they had to scramble and come up with a storyline to carry them over.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Sounds like the producers, writes, etc. had plotted out a last season, only for an extra season to be approved, so they had to scramble and come up with a storyline to carry them over.
    I don't think so, they've been trying to get Jason Segal (Marshal) to sign for the 9th season since season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I don't think so, they've been trying to get Jason Segal (Marshal) to sign for the 9th season since season 6.
    i wouldn't blame him for not wanting to sign on for a 9th. the show has drug on far too long, and it would annoy the crap out of me.
    ted should have gotten over robin sooner, barney and her should have been together a lot sooner, should have had the wedding as early as eason 6. the whole series could have been shortened a ton. kind of annoying how much filler has been thrown in there. but i still love the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week's episode kind of sucked. I do wonder how the show will continue with Marshall and lily in Rome

Season finale spoiler synopsis and thoughts:

"As the gang prepares to go to Robin and Barney’s wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the house he’s finally finished fixing up. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney’s night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple (Casey Wilson and Keegan-Michael Key), and Marshall takes the baby on a last-minute trip to Minnesota to see his family."

...Wait, what? That doesn't sound like the wedding, and it doesn't sound like the scene with Ted at the bus stop or wherever meeting his wife. They better as hell not be putting that day off YET AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This week's episode kind of sucked. I do wonder how the show will continue with Marshall and lily in Rome

Season finale spoiler synopsis and thoughts:

"As the gang prepares to go to Robin and Barney’s wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the house he’s finally finished fixing up. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney’s night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple (Casey Wilson and Keegan-Michael Key), and Marshall takes the baby on a last-minute trip to Minnesota to see his family."

...Wait, what? That doesn't sound like the wedding, and it doesn't sound like the scene with Ted at the bus stop or wherever meeting his wife. They better as hell not be putting that day off YET AGAIN.

If the Barney/Robin wedding isn't this season I'm stopping watching it.

FINALLY

That is all. Totally not off topic if you've seen S08E24.

15+ Year Old Account
    FINALLY

That is all. Totally not off topic if you've seen S08E24.
    YES.

She looks a bit like Lily. I wonder if that was intentional. Huge relief for me, I really didn't want them to wait with the reveal until the last season.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG SHE IS FINALLY REVEALED! This means that the next season will be the last? I guess 9 Seasons is good, but man it was awesome!
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    OMG SHE IS FINALLY REVEALED! This means that the next season will be the last? I guess 9 Seasons is good, but man it was awesome!
    it was supposed to end tonight but network squeezed a ninth season jason segel was holding out cause the guy is so damn busy and he wants to move on

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm done. The wedding scene was like 16 season ago, and they still aren't there yet. All we saw was a Lily look-a-like (yeah, she's pretty damn cute) to end the season. No actual meeting. So, what, will the next fucking season be in a time span of 56 hours? or maybe three hours. I don't know how 24+ episodes can take the span of less time that it takes to air, but somehow they'll pull it off. I'm done with the dumbest storytelling method ever

Yeah, I'm not really interested in anything other than Robin and Barney's wedding. If that isn't the first episode of the next season I'm not going to bother watching it.

Maybe the last season will be half-length?

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm not really interested in anything other than Robin and Barney's wedding. If that isn't the first episode of the next season I'm not going to bother watching it.
    Well...
    Spoiler about season 9:
    The whole season will be Robin&Barney's wedding.
    That's right. The wedding stretched out over the whole freaking season

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...hat-comes-next
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-05-14 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Well...
    Spoiler about season 9:

"At the end of a long statement CBS put out this morning, Bays said, "Our ninth season will tell the epic story of the longest wedding weekend ever. We hope you like it. Next stop, Farhampton...""

Since when did the creators go from "awesome epic storytelling", to "stupid insanely terrible idiots". Are they high? Or were they high when they wrote the first few seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Well...
    Spoiler about season 9:

Well fuck that.

F that right in the ear.

I was 23 when this show started, and in the 8 years it's taken to air, I've lived and worked abroad, gotten a law degree, gotten a job, and became too damn tired to keep up with these shenanigans any more. Hell, I'll probably meet the mother of my children before Ted does, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    F that right in the ear.

I was 23 when this show started, and in the 8 years it's taken to air, I've lived and worked abroad, gotten a law degree, gotten a job, and became too damn tired to keep up with these shenanigans any more. Hell, I'll probably meet the mother of my children before Ted does, at this point.
    Remember to tell them the 8+ year long story of how it happened, then

10+ Year Old Account
    It was never an issue of the story being too long. We knew it was gonna be as long as the show kept getting picked up. It's just these past few seasons, they've picked a really stupid way to tell the story. And, I guess I would have liked seeing the last season or being them developing their relationship, not the series ending the moment they meet.

10+ Year Old Account
    was good the first 2 seasons, its terribad nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It was never an issue of the story being too long. We knew it was gonna be as long as the show kept getting picked up. It's just these past few seasons, they've picked a really stupid way to tell the story. And, I guess I would have liked seeing the last season or being them developing their relationship, not the series ending the moment they meet.
    Well, I guess it IS called "how I MET your mother", not "how I WED your mother". Still probably won't bother watching it.