View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yet another reason the 13 episode format is much, much better. Even if they're only half an hour long.
    One episode, that's how long the wedding and the stuff leading up to it should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another reason the 13 episode format is much, much better. Even if they're only half an hour long.
    Maybe for a story like this, but for episodic shows like Archer and cartoons, the more, the better.

episodic, yeah. Any procedural (like CSI, NCIS, etc) all benefit from more episodes, but when you're telling a story, 24 episodes a season for 8 seasons is...too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things are finally getting interesting:

So, the Mother is finally at the wedding, and she and Ted are already indirectly connected. I like her. But that's probably because I like Lily. And the two characters might as well be conjoined twins. They act so similarly, and look so much the same. It's almost scary. And considering we have nine seasons of Ted looking for his bride, it's really creepy that he lands on the one person who resembles Lily more than anyone. Not her doppelganger, not Marshall, but this girl.

And once again, I have no idea how many slaps were left, but I think Barney said "fourth", and it's been awhile, but I think there was....five?

Think it is 5 slaps for the slap bet.

I'm just tired of the show. At this point everyone but Robin and Ted have met Ted's wife, and been affected by her. I have no doubt Robin will meet her first and approve of her in some way, and it'll be Ted's way of putting Robin behind him. It's a trite way of trying to express this long-winded, unnecessary story of "how the stars aligned" for Ted to meet her.

And even the slap thing seems old. They've held onto it too long. I literally blinked when it happened last night because I had to do a doubletake to remember Slapsgiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    And even the slap thing seems old. They've held onto it too long. I literally blinked when it happened last night because I had to do a doubletake to remember Slapsgiving.
    Yeah, that's why I had to ask questions about it. It was drawn out so long, I can't even remember how many or when or whatever Marshall said about something that the last slap would be before x time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny, I just wondered a couple of days ago randomly, where the remaining slap bets had gone and if I somehow missed it.

I really like the mother (she's pretty!) from the train ride with Lily, though some of the "similarities" she has with Ted seem to be too contrived. There isn't a need for her to be a female carbon copy of him...

I agree with anyone saying this season should have been about meeting the Mother in the first few episodes, then showing some of what happened later. I think we've seen quite enough of Farhampton Inn's setting....

10+ Year Old Account
    CBS put together a nice little Gif of the slaps: http://www.cbs.com/shows/how_i_met_y.../news/1001747/

Just finished watching this after DVRing it last night. What the actual fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or is every episode this season basically just a "ok, let's flashback and talk about stuff that ISN'T actually happening right now, so we can bullshit recon a full season?

It's simply painful to watch for the last two seasons. The jokes are unfunny, the writing is horrible. How is the cast even ok with acting so cheesy?

Deleted
    At this point I feel like I have to watch it to the end only because I have followed it for so long. I will be happy when it is finally over.

I echo the comments since mine and agree. You can tell what they were trying to do with the story (sort of like how Community does its themed episodes), but it just fell flat. The whole episode, I was right along with Barney saying "But you didn't really go to Shanghai..." It was totally off the rails. The whole episode was Marshall making up a story to shoehorn in a slap. And the slap at the end was the only interesting part (it looks like NPH actually got slapped, what with the slow motion and the face contortion).

Every time I see the opening and it says "X hours before the wedding" I want to scream at my TV: HOW DO YOU DO A 23 EPISODE SEASON ABOUT A 48 HOUR WEEKEND IF YOU'RE NOT KEIFER SUTHERLAND?? It's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    At this point I feel like I have to watch it to the end only because I have followed it for so long. I will be happy when it is finally over.
    Same here, I'm only watching it because I want to see it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Same here, I'm only watching it because I want to see it out.
    Hate when series turn out to suck at the end but you feel the need to stick with it to the end

Was forced to watch this while playing poker this week (apparently, I *do* have friends that like it) because there was no important sports stuff on, and it has gotten way worse... which say something because I already thought it was a pretty poor show. I legitimately don't understand the appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love it. I think that many of the new episodes pack some interesting character development, although I will say that they are pushing the filler-episodes a little bit. But when it ends, I won’t have new episodes come around to entertain me anymore - and neither will you. I’m just happy they’re still producing quality episodes, even though they aren’t as good as the first seasons.

Yes, I said it. I still love it.

BLASPHEMY! BURN THE BASTARD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was kind of a cop out, but I think it worked.

This is the kind of episode that makes me wonder exactly how much the creators had planned that long ago. How much stuff they came up with right before shooting. Barney's vengeance being one of those things. Luke and Penny apparently are Ted's kids' names, though we still don't know the mother's. I do wonder how Marshall and Lily's argument resolves, because it appears to me that they never went to Italy. Or maybe they split up again and pursue their own goals separately.

Marshall was totally right, she can't say she's never been as selfish as he's being after she took off to San Fran. He was going to lose his job anyway though if they went to Italy what he should have done was just told them Yes then talked to Lily about it.