Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Be glad you're not a mod. We actually see every deleted post. It's not as big as an actual post (avatar/sig is hidden, only delete reason and "View post"), but it still makes that page pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Ah, thanks for the tip.

Lol, look at all of them on the page of this thread alone http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pective/page21
    You shouldn't be able to see them there anymore. >< Only Supers/Admins can do complete post count wipes for spam like that. There's 15 deleted posts from spam bot accounts on that last page alone.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-10-01 at 09:04 AM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Be glad you're not a mod. We actually see every deleted post. It's not as big as an actual post (avatar/sig is hidden, only delete reason and "View post"), but it still makes that page pretty huge.
    May i ask why that is? I mean, people delete it for a reason. They don't want it to be seen by anyone and if its offensive they probebly regretted what they wrote.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, they're probably banned for trolling/calling names/etc. Not particularly for the post you see. I've been calling names etc. quite a lot, imo, but I've only been infracted lately for the first time. I don´t know if you can be banned directly or only by infractions, but the amount of people getting banned astonishes me as you must really misbehave.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    May i ask why that is? I mean, people delete it for a reason. They don't want it to be seen by anyone and if its offensive they probebly regretted what they wrote.
    We usually don't infract for deleted posts as long as the deletion happens within a reasonable timeframe. However, we've had people that post something inflammatory, watch people reply, then delete their post thinking that they'll go free.

Deleted
    there was newly promoted Mod on here the other day.. he banned about 5 people on the first page.. why you ask Simply because they was saying Mages are op and he plays a mage not like this dissenters must silenced.. Insta ban!!! and no they was not being abusive..

Slowly by Slowly we are turning into Communist China /Wave Censorship
    Last edited by mmoc50bf40230e; 2011-10-01 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    We usually don't infract for deleted posts as long as the deletion happens within a reasonable timeframe. However, we've had people that post something inflammatory, watch people reply, then delete their post thinking that they'll go free.
    I see. Shame that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholseynia View Post
    there was newly promoted Mod on here the other day.. he banned about 5 people on the first page.. why you ask Simply because they was saying Mages are op and he plays a mage not like this dissenters must silenced.. Insta ban!!!
    If your just saying that over and over again your not accually discussing. And imo it could be labelled as trolling under circumstances.

As i said on the previous page, if you disagree with an infraction you can pm the (a) mod. If you disagree with a ban im pretty sure you can appeal it. I wouldn't know as i only got banned once while i wasnt even there :<
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-10-01 at 09:06 AM.

there was newly promoted Mod on here the other day.. he banned about 5 people on the first page.. why you ask Simply because they was saying Mages are op and he plays a mage not like this dissenters must silenced.. Insta ban!!! and no they was not being abusive..

Slowly by Slowly we are turning into Communist China /Wave Censorship
    There is a fine line between criticism and trolling, and if you ever disagree with an infraction or mod actions, you are always allowed to PM an admin about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    There is a fine line between criticism and trolling, and if you ever disagree with an infraction or mod actions, you are always allowed to PM an admin about it.
    Nuff said.

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I fail to see how "MAGES ARE OP!!" is constructive. If you have any complaints, PM an admin.

Did i say that was the post headline ??? or can you read minds.... it was about Arcane Mage and the 3 button rotation and 95% of forum posts was stating the obvious >.<
    Last edited by mmoc50bf40230e; 2011-10-01 at 09:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    The problem is that there are way to many thin skinned people here and all over the internet who get butt hurt at the least little thing and they go crying/report people and their posts to mods.Seriously,this is the internet and if what people type here offends you,then you need to never get back online,nor leave your home.
    This is your opinion. We fortunately include everyone with their opinions. If the thin skinned people bother you I suggest not posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I see. Shame that happens.

If your just saying that over and over again your not accually discussing. And imo it could be labelled as trolling under circumstances.

As i said on the previous page, if you disagree with an infraction you can pm the (a) mod. If you disagree with a ban im pretty sure you can appeal it. I wouldn't know as i only got banned once while i wasnt even there :<
    Pm the mod who stripped my sig is exactly wgat I did. I had completely valid reasons to not get infracted, but so I did. What then bugs me is that this very mod has never replied back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    You were infracted for the following signature:
    The signature guidelines (as linked in your infraction notice) state that the maximum signature filesize total is 50kB, whereas your signature adds up to a total of 13.1+48.96+5.01 = 67.07kB. I can't see any issue with your infraction here.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-10-01 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Pm the mod who stripped my sig is exactly wgat I did. I had completely valid reasons to not get infracted, but so I did. What then bugs me is that this very mod has never replied back.
    Your sig greatly exceeded size in both pixels and Kb, so that's why it was removed. You can view all the rules regarding signatures in the FAQ.

The nice thing about sig infractions is that they are only worth 4 points, though. That means if you got two 5 point infractions after that, you'd still be at 14; one point shy of a 3 day ban. The ban system is quite lenient.

Deleted
    Did i say that was the post headline ??? or can you read minds.... it was about Arcane Mage and the 3 button rotation and 95% of forum posts was stating the obvious >.<
    That's exactly the problem. Seeing the same thing that's just a complaint and doesn't exactly leave any place for discussion in five different threads is pointless and annoying.

And besides, they couldn't have gotten banned just for that. They probably got a 5 point trolling infraction or maybe a flaming infraction (again 5 points), so that means they had 10 points from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    That's a huge misconception. New mods are usually batshit scared of infracting people.

Well, they're batshit scared of me.
    Why? You're an adorable little kitty! *shakes a pack of cat treats*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Your sig greatly exceeded size in both pixels and Kb, so that's why it was removed. You can view all the rules regarding signatures in the FAQ.

The nice thing about sig infractions is that they are only worth 4 points, though. That means if you got two 5 point infractions after that, you'd still be at 14; one point shy of a 3 day ban. The ban system is quite lenient.
    I realize that my sig was not valid aswell, all I asked for was to get to a PC so I could remove it... said mod in question even told me he would let me slip the first time, but in response to my reply I got infrafted >
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    I realize that my sig was not valid aswell, all I asked for was to get to a PC so I could remove it... said mod in question even told me he would let me slip the first time, but in response to my reply I got infrafted >
    Whatever mod you were talking to probably wasn't the one that infracted you. We don't have some huge file of oversized sigs and who's handling them or something like that, so there's no way to know if another mod was "handling" the situation. Signature violations are only 4 points anyway, which is never enough to add time to a ban unless you get two of them in a short time period. Also, they expire much faster than normal infractions, so it's less likely you'll get two of them clumped on each other.

I got banned once for calling someone a piece of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Saurox View Post
    I got banned once for calling someone a piece of shit
    I can't imagine why..

Anyway, since this thread has more or less turned into, "I got infracted for X" stories, I'm going to close it out. As it's already been said a bunch of times in this thread:

- If you ever have issues moderator behavior/actions, send a PM to Sunshine/Boubouille or use the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of the site.
    - If you wind up getting banned and feel it was unjustified, there is an appeals forum for you to use.
    - If you get an infraction you don't agree with, PM Sunshine or any other mod to bring it up in appeals for us to look at it.

Bibi's posts earlier in the thread already answered the OP.