Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I hope to not approach it at all in a game - ever. As a gamers thats one less stereotype I need or want to hear about.
    its part of the story...participating in it doesnt mean your not getting any.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    I'll likely avoid it. I tend to roll female toons, and since I'm a straight guy and there's no same sex romance - I'll feel immensely creeped out romancing a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    Im in the same boat. I intend my main to be a female smuggler, so i won't be bothering with that aspect of my toon until same-sex romances are put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    This

10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    No romance here, at least not at release. I intend to play a female character so...romancing a male npc as a heterosexual guy, would be just creepy.

Maybe later when they intoduce same gender relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Yeah basically this. I might roll a male alt to try it out though.
    Are there really that many homophobic people playing the game? It's baffling how uncomfortable some people are at playing a same sex pixelated character. Are your hormones so outta control that you fear you will be staring at your characters but all day? It really comforts you that it is a female pixelated butt you are looking at?

If it wasn't for real homosexuals being denied the option, I would not want same sex romances to be implemented just to spite these weird fetish people. But I can't stop it so to each their weirdo own.. (gay people aren't weirdos just the hetro people who play opposite gender toons because they are insecure or something)

Anyways... to answer the OPs question, Yes I will participate in romance options, especially in the Jedi consular line. It adds to the whole story of this very story driven game.

(here comes the ban-hammer)

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    Are there really that many homophobic people playing the game? It's baffling how uncomfortable some people are at playing a same sex pixelated character. Are your hormones so outta control that you fear you will be staring at your characters but all day? It really comforts you that it is a female pixelated butt you are looking at?

If it wasn't for real homosexuals being denied the option, I would not want same sex romances to be implemented just to spite these weird fetish people. But I can't stop it so to each their weirdo own.. (gay people aren't weirdos just the hetro people who play opposite gender toons because they are insecure or something)

Anyways... to answer the OPs question, Yes I will participate in romance options, especially in the Jedi consular line. It adds to the whole story of this very story driven game.

(here comes the ban-hammer)
    Playing the opposite gender is not because people are homophobic and do not care to stare at male ass all day. It's usually for aesthetic reasons.

I always played female toons in WoW because I hated male models, other than my male Worgen because I liked the male Worgen model. I feel differently about SWTOR, I like the male and female models so I'll have both males and females.

It's not because people are homophobic...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Surely it can't be because, I don't know, the female characters have better voice acting and animation? It was that way in Mass Effect, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's that way with some of the TOR classes.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Playing the opposite gender is not because people are homophobic and do not care to stare at male ass all day. It's usually for aesthetic reasons.

I always played female toons in WoW because I hated male models, other than my male Worgen because I liked the male Worgen model. I feel differently about SWTOR, I like the male and female models so I'll have both males and females.

This is more or less the case for me with TOR as well. Just replace 'model' with 'voice acting'. I plain didnt care for the male voice acting for the smuggler that I heard in the class trailer from awhile back. I'm hoping the female's acting is better.

Most of my other toons will be male, with the exception of the trooper (FemShep ftw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Oh, sorry, it's just that bashing players who play the opposite gender is an VIDEO GAME automatically puts you on my idiot list. No hard feelings.
    Just because you're so uncomfortable playing the opposite gender because you have testosterone for brains doesn't give you the right to criticize what other players choose do do in a virtual enviroment.

I will be playing a female character and am proud of it. If you don't like it, you can kiss my behind.

Oh and nice homophobic attitude right there, while we're at it. The 80s called, they want their hatred back.
    Reverse my arguement on me? Then bash me right back with the testosterone for brains thing? Great defense.... You easily made my list and anyone else's who uses logic.

Disliking homophobic people makes me homophobic? good one....?

Don't get all huffy and make silly remarks just because I called you out on your insecurities.

Video game people can be so weird at times and love to live up to the worst stereotypes... It's a shame they deny themselves gameplay like romance because they can't handle playing their own gender. Then try to sound all objective by saying things like the voice acting sucks.

Disliking homophobic people makes me homophobic? good one....?
    The only one who thinks that male players with female characters are homophobic is you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

True, but for me it's both for that reason and for the reason that I'd rather look at the back of a female then a male when playing. But in swtor I'll also play both genders, just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    The only one who thinks that male players with female characters are homophobic is you.
    Actually the majority of people who are saying otherwise are the ones who already choose to make that weird decision. Bias all around really.

How about I take a group of people who have already said thier favorite color is red then poll everyone in that group whats the best color, they say red is best therefore any other opinion is wrong. That's basically your arguement. People who are playing opposite gender toons say they are surely 100% not homophobic therefore no one in the world could have the insightful opinion otherwise.

This is getting off topic, I'll leave before you all get surgery because you are surely not homophobic but hate seeing yourself in the mirror every morning because it makes you uncomfortable, or maybe you just hate your own voice acting, or maybe you don't like the flow of your own body so you must change it with no deeper meaning.

(if the ban-hammer hasn't already struck this will seal the deal, god forbid I have my opinion...)
    Last edited by VenomousCarnage; 2011-10-01 at 05:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    (if the ban-hammer hasn't already struck this will seal the deal, god forbid I have my opinion...)
    1. Stop predicting moderation. You're not good at it and it could be considered backseat moderation, which is pretty bad form.
    2. You're allowed to have an opinion (as is everyone else), so long as it's posted in a way that doesn't appear to be a blatant troll or flame.
    3. You're inching toward the line.

That said, let's drop the whole homophobia thing and get back on topic, or this thread will be locked.

I'll probably play both, but I will relate better to a guys voice, when it comes to immersion, so playing guys will be my choice. I think it would make a difference for me over other games simply because SWTOR is fully voiced over (and I'll be hearing my characters voices alot!)

For those guys wishing to play girls, it's best just to say that much and leave sexuality out. Name calling doesn't usually help with any justification for a decision.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-01 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's enough with the accusations and homophobic comments. Any more and I will paint this thread blue.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-01 at 05:37 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

That was quite the derailment >.>

anyways to restart the discussion!

do you think there will be bi sexual options to current companions added? i like some of the ones they have already, having to wait for (possibly)new companions for those of us wanting SSR kinda blows...

And what will happen if you fail your chances at smooth talking? is that when the gifts come into play? cuz i cant imagine if say, Vette was being emo about u being a murderous bitch she'd leap into your arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffaa View Post
    That was quite the derailment >.>

anyways to restart the discussion!

do you think there will be bi sexual options to current companions added? i like some of the ones they have already, having to wait for (possibly)new companions for those of us wanting SSR kinda blows...

And what will happen if you fail your chances at smooth talking? is that when the gifts come into play? cuz i cant imagine if say, Vette was being emo about u being a murderous bitch she'd leap into your arms.
    We know absolutely nothing in regards to how the system will work with origional crew, or newly added. It's really almost a mute point to even begin speculating.

I imagine that if you blow it, you blow it. It is moat likely like a quest. You've already done that quest, so you can't go do it again.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Wait their adding same sex romances? it looks like my bountey hunters flamethrower isn't going to be the only "flaming" part about him:P

oh btw i did roll a female shepperd in mass effect, romance leira in the first one but i got myself a garrius loving. and is totaly sad that you can do him as a male shepperd in ME3.

I hope my droid has an extra large USB port, cuz I'm ready for some lovin!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    We know absolutely nothing in regards to how the system will work with origional crew, or newly added. It's really almost a mute point to even begin speculating.

I imagine that if you blow it, you blow it. It is moat likely like a quest. You've already done that quest, so you can't go do it again.
    If you "blow" it?

What are you hinting at here, trolls?

lol
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-01 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    same way I do in real life WITH THE HIPS!

seriously though, I think for my main (SI) I'll be avoiding romance, just because I plan on making him an evil bastard...

but for my alts, especially my Smuggler I plan to be a smooth pimp, want at least one wife we can be polygamous right? As long as the wives dont all find out
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    same way I do in real life WITH THE HIPS!

seriously though, I think for my main (SI) I'll be avoiding romance, just because I plan on making him an evil bastard...

but for my alts, especially my Smuggler I plan to be a smooth pimp, want at least one wife we can be polygamous right? As long as the wives dont all find out
    It makes sense for an SI to avoid getting laid.

How can you be a powerful force user when you're leaving pools of liquid force on every face and lower back in the galaxy?

It takes a lot out of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I hope my droid has an extra large USB port, cuz I'm ready for some lovin!
    With the technology to create lightsabers this was probably invented a looong time ago.