Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So, how will you approach romance in TOR?

I know Bioware mentioned that they said romance will lead to darkside points since the Jedi Council forbids it and all that stuff. But that restrictive way of thinking is what caused them to slip up when Palpatine decided to royally screw over the Republic. Yes, this is centuries before those events but it's still relevant. As for me, I'm gonna be pullin' a Bindo.

As Jolee Bindo once said:

"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you."

I'm gonna try my hardest to be lightside and romance. At least for my JK, lol.

How about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Full on and frontal.

My Trooper's going to be getting alien ass all around.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOORAH! Sounds like a good deal there. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I'll likely avoid it. I tend to roll female toons, and since I'm a straight guy and there's no same sex romance - I'll feel immensely creeped out romancing a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    I'll likely avoid it. I tend to roll female toons, and since I'm a straight guy and there's no same sex romance - I'll feel immensely creeped out romancing a guy.
    Im in the same boat. I intend my main to be a female smuggler, so i won't be bothering with that aspect of my toon until same-sex romances are put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    well you dont need to worry about that, they are adding in same sex romancing
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll likely avoid romance. Just not one of the traits I would imagine my character would have, were they real.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool

I'm going Imperial Agent...

As you can see, It doesn't take an agent more than 30 seconds of video time before they're all up on that tail. Yep... They're the James Bonds of a galaxy far away...

UMAD, Jedi?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'll be a dude checking out female options. On my Consular I'll tell the Council too bad, I'm getting with Nadia. If I get dark side points, too bad! I'd be more grey than dark though.

Smuggler/IA will be fun with love triangles? 3 somes? cheating and not getting caught?

I'll explore the options, just as in Mass Effect and I guess chose when I have to.

This

10chars

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Deleted
    On my male characters I'll go for the romance options, though on my female JK I dont know if I'll be going for same-sex romance or no romance at all.
    Depends on how it'll feel once I get the chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options."
    something to look forward to heh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

My Smuggler is going to sleep with everyone. Not so sure on my BH.

I'll approach romance like I do in every Bioware game with the option. I treat it like a mini-game and try to get the highest score possible.

Deleted
    cant say I am really interested, seems a bit silly to me tbh. It seems a bit arbitrary to give every class, instead of it being a 'test' or a rare thing. Just seems a bit forced to me to feel like natural part of story.

Im gonna be a light inquisitor (think that can be interesting)
    Does romancing give me DARK points? Why is love for a sith dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    I would assume so that all classes have the same light/dark side progression. I don't really know why anyone other than a Jedi would get dark side points for being in a relationship though...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    If it does give dark points, then its because "passion leads to [???] which leads to the dark side" or something like that. Atleast romancing should not give LIGHT points, as that'd be foolish (when the dark side encourage their followers to party and romance others and so on).

As a lesbian IRL and be playing this with my girlfriend from day 1. I think i would be fun for same gender romancing in game; it would only be fair. However, not including it in launch is simply avoiding media backlash from conservatives. We all remember the mass effect fiasco. I'm not happy with it.... but this game will be great anyways and it'll be added later so no biggie

I hope to not approach it at all in a game - ever. As a gamers thats one less stereotype I need or want to hear about.