Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord 3tch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    163

    A more insane achievement?

    With the changes to Insane in the Membrane and the addition of many new Darkmoon Farie quests, the insane is just not so insane any more.
    Granted Ravenholdt is more work than pre-shattering but overall it is much easier to accomplish this FoS than it was.

    would anyone else like to see a FoS added that is actually hard to do, but still possible alone?
    I remember GC saying there would be some crazy grind in Cata.
    camping Aeonaxx/posiedus/camel statues? please....
    Vial of the sands?? lol

    Any opinions?
    There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows, who will trip you up and laugh when you fall.. - Morrissey

  2. #2
    High Overlord Thorc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    EU - Alonsus
    Posts
    158
    i think all of us can agree that its easier now and yes i would like some new more harder grind like insane, tho a GRIND not some goldsink buyfest.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Sandoggg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    90
    Bloodthirsty

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandoggg View Post
    Bloodthirsty
    Bloodthirsty is eh.

    Yeah, Insane is easy now and I hadn't worn the title in 6 months or so. Just doesn't feel as special as it used to. And yes, I'm pretty sure people are allowed to feel like special snowflakes after working their ass off on that achievement; pre-nerfs.

    What I liked most about it was how it incorporated the old world and made you go around Azeroth and do mundane tasks. Leveling a Rogue, pickpocketing in Tyr's Hand (or whatever it's called) and LBRS, killing Pirates in Ratchet and Tanaris, killing Ravenholdt people, collecting plants to make Darkmoon decks, and other stuff I'm forgetting currently.

    I liked that, along with the Scales Scepter chain quest. I wish WoW had more of those.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  5. #5
    High Overlord 3tch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandoggg View Post
    Bloodthirsty
    Hmmm playing mostly PvE I hadnt considered this, also perhaps doing the Justicar/Conquerer at the same time is an option
    There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows, who will trip you up and laugh when you fall.. - Morrissey

  6. #6
    Raise 60factions to exalted, reward: the decicated.

    Actually i even would say 62factions.. but shendrelar & zandalari would be unfair to new people.

    Otherwise: no idea's
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Raise 60factions to exalted, reward: the decicated.

    Actually i even would say 62factions.. but shendrelar & zandalari would be unfair to new people.

    Otherwise: no idea's
    Think I had 59 before I quit 3 months ago. *shrug*
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  8. #8
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,376
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Bloodthirsty is eh.

    Yeah, Insane is easy now and I hadn't worn the title in 6 months or so. Just doesn't feel as special as it used to. And yes, I'm pretty sure people are allowed to feel like special snowflakes after working their ass off on that achievement; pre-nerfs.

    What I liked most about it was how it incorporated the old world and made you go around Azeroth and do mundane tasks. Leveling a Rogue, pickpocketing in Tyr's Hand (or whatever it's called) and LBRS, killing Pirates in Ratchet and Tanaris, killing Ravenholdt people, collecting plants to make Darkmoon decks, and other stuff I'm forgetting currently.

    I liked that, along with the Scales Scepter chain quest. I wish WoW had more of those.
    Yeah, I was a proud older-style Insane title holder, however now it does not really matter anymore. I have however left the link to me getting the title in my signature on here, because honestly, it took me ages to get it, (got lazy, etc) and it was something I was truly proud to have done in WoW, especially before Cata hit and it went easy-mode. Too bad WoW is now boring grindy with no real reward and just..... yeah boring is a good word for it. Honestly they should have just removed the Insane like they planned to and left it like that. Maybe make a new ultimate grind of nerdiness for Cataclysm, Insane was for WotLK... but no, they didn't follow that path. =/ I'm ranting. I need sleep.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  9. #9
    High Overlord 3tch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    163
    Because of the way blizz has added factions since Wotlk, I think get 60 exalted reps will probably be the normal requirement for The Exalted at some point.

    one thing that made the insane actually insane was the fact that you grind reps that gave you pretty much nothing, no Quatermasters etc...
    oh wait, faction discount on repairs in Dire Maul >.<
    There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows, who will trip you up and laugh when you fall.. - Morrissey

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Raise 60factions to exalted, reward: the decicated.

    Actually i even would say 62factions.. but shendrelar & zandalari would be unfair to new people.

    Otherwise: no idea's
    wait is this thing real?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Too bad WoW is now boring grindy with no real reward and just..... yeah boring is a good word for it.
    I'm not saying it didn't require tremendous dedication, and it certainly is an accomplishment but...

    You got Pre-cata insane, and WoW is NOW boring and grindy with no real reward?

    I mean, wasn't the entire point of Insane in the Membrane to BE absurdly grindy and time consuming and boring?

    OT: They made insane easier in cata, but not THAT much easier. It's still in the same degree of magnitude... maybe takes 20% less time, starting from scratch. At least as far as I've heard.

  12. #12
    I think the "Professor" title was a nice grind, although it took 2 weeks and was nothing at all as intense as the Insane was.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think the "Professor" title was a nice grind, although it took 2 weeks and was nothing at all as intense as the Insane was.
    Especially before they reduced the spawn rate of races you'd completed. I found it to be an absolutely crazy grind thanks to RNG. I spent more time circling Kalimdor than I did doing anything else in 6 years of this game.

    IIRC Cenarion Circle was also quite the solo grind back in vanilla.

  14. #14
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort459 View Post
    I'm not saying it didn't require tremendous dedication, and it certainly is an accomplishment but...

    You got Pre-cata insane, and WoW is NOW boring and grindy with no real reward?

    I mean, wasn't the entire point of Insane in the Membrane to BE absurdly grindy and time consuming and boring?

    OT: They made insane easier in cata, but not THAT much easier. It's still in the same degree of magnitude... maybe takes 20% less time, starting from scratch. At least as far as I've heard.
    I know, it doesn't make a whole load of sense. I had so little left to do, to be honest. I liked Vanilla WoW stuff, that's why I loved the Insane. However I wasn't crazy enough to farm it again. Also it just seems like everything in the game is grindy now.... but it doesn't need to be. Might as well give everyone the Insane title for playing such a grindy game, no? :P

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 10:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think the "Professor" title was a nice grind, although it took 2 weeks and was nothing at all as intense as the Insane was.
    At least you aren't comparing it to the Insane... the amount of people who made that comparison to me... was disturbing. Like, go grind Insane and tell me Professor is harder. lol.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapret View Post
    wait is this thing real?
    nop, it is just an idea from me
    Last edited by Yindoo; 2011-10-01 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

  16. #16
    Mechagnome ZaneBusby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tch View Post
    With the changes to Insane in the Membrane and the addition of many new Darkmoon Farie quests, the insane is just not so insane any more.
    Granted Ravenholdt is more work than pre-shattering but overall it is much easier to accomplish this FoS than it was.

    would anyone else like to see a FoS added that is actually hard to do, but still possible alone?
    I remember GC saying there would be some crazy grind in Cata.
    camping Aeonaxx/posiedus/camel statues? please....
    Vial of the sands?? lol

    Any opinions?
    Ghostcrawler already said the New Darkmoon Faire Island would not affect the Insane title at all, meaning the new quests on the island will either not give rep with the Dakrmoon Faire at all, or will only give rep to 1200/6000 friendly (like the current ones do).

    They also made Bloodsail, Ravenholdt, and the Steamwheedle Cartel much harder to farm to exalted(/honored) as compensation for removing Shen'dralar.

    I have no idea what you're complaining about.

  17. #17
    He did say he wanted a grind. Bloodthirsty is pretty much THE grind.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 12:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Ghostcrawler already said the New Darkmoon Faire Island would not affect the Insane title at all, meaning the new quests on the island will either not give rep with the Dakrmoon Faire at all, or will only give rep to 1200/6000 friendly (like the current ones do).

    They also made Bloodsail, Ravenholdt, and the Steamwheedle Cartel much harder to farm to exalted(/honored) as compensation for removing Shen'dralar.

    I have no idea what you're complaining about.
    Oh and this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

  18. #18
    High Overlord 3tch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Ghostcrawler already said the New Darkmoon Faire Island would not affect the Insane title at all, meaning the new quests on the island will either not give rep with the Dakrmoon Faire at all, or will only give rep to 1200/6000 friendly (like the current ones do).

    They also made Bloodsail, Ravenholdt, and the Steamwheedle Cartel much harder to farm to exalted(/honored) as compensation for removing Shen'dralar.

    I have no idea what you're complaining about.
    I am not complaining, I just want somthing new to do that many people will not do as soon as it is available, something I can invest time into and be proud of,at least for a while.
    Some people like server firsts, I like brain melting grinds, once I'm done with Hero of Shattrath I pretty much only have PvP orientated grinds left, I don't PvP much so they become even less attractive to me.

    Also I didnt know the rep would be capped from quests as it is now, thanks for the info, but still my point remains.
    There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows, who will trip you up and laugh when you fall.. - Morrissey

  19. #19
    There is or never was nothing "hard" about the insane title.

    It is just a grind...time and gold.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tch View Post
    I am not complaining, I just want somthing new to do that many people will not do as soon as it is available, something I can invest time into and be proud of,at least for a while.
    Some people like server firsts, I like brain melting grinds, once I'm done with Hero of Shattrath I pretty much only have PvP orientated grinds left, I don't PvP much so they become even less attractive to me.

    Also I didnt know the rep would be capped from quests as it is now, thanks for the info, but still my point remains.
    mhm so you may wanna find interesting achiev like glory of the raider : firelands...or ...um...killing ragnaros on normal...? grind /skill enuff? :>
    its after nerfs anyway , go get'em tiger

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •