Poll: Do you think $15 a month Is a lot of money for a sub?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work, and enjoy having an activity to do in the evening. WoW fills that role quite nicely and is well worth the money for the amount of time spent on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Yeah when you don't use the stuff, it'll obviously last a long time. That's beside the point. How many hours last year did you spend playing basketball? How many hours last year did you spend playing WoW? Calculate your $/hour for those 2 activities, and get back to us.
    i've got a 330lb dad. i'm 31 and don't always eat the right foods. basketball is my exercise. i have 5 brothers, 3 of us used play college basketball, 1 of us plays college ball now and we all grew up as 3 or 4 sport athletes. i'm the oldest and its my job to keep up until one of them gets fat first.

i haven't played wow since october or november, i played basketball for 3 hours yesterday for $0

basketball is so much more worth it for what i've spent it's not funny. i used to play wow a lot but i still had time for basketball and for the past year, a lot of my time in wow was spent arguing in /2 on a huge/paralyzed mount in SW

none of you get your $15 a month from wow. most of you socialize and that's free in 1000 other places. look at my "are you an addict" thread. the reasons people selected aren't wow-exclusive and aren't something you HAVE to pay for

It's a lot of money in the context when it is compared with most other games out there where you typically pay $40-80 to purchase the game once and it's free to play after that. It's not much money in context to other entertainment, eg: going to the movies and purchasing popcorn once a month will cost you more than a WoW subscription does, my monthly TV Cable bill is nearly 4X Blizzards monthly subscription, etc.

/firstworldproblems

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue to me is that at this point I'm paying 15$ a month to not play due to lack of and dumbing down of content. Its getting harder to justify spending three sandwiches a month for how little time I spend in the game.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

none of you get your $15 a month from wow. most of you socialize and that's free in 1000 other places. look at my "are you an addict" thread. the reasons people selected aren't wow-exclusive and aren't something you HAVE to pay for
    Sure I do. Maybe not all of us will, but a lot of us do too. I enjoy all the time I spend on WoW.

I don't play sports. I don't have many friends to socialize or go out with. So $15 a month isn't a whole lot for entertainment (that will definitely last me longer than full priced games).

It isn't....and if you think it is, it might be time get yourself out of moms basement and get a job.

Fifteen bucks on it's own isn't a lot. But the mistake is looking at a single month.

Take cell phones for example... including taxes, you're looking at $75 a month or so for a iPhone AT&T contract... which = $1800 bucks across the timeframe, not including the cost of the phone itself.

Now, how many folks would agree to a cell plan if the lump sum was advertised that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not much I'd say.
    I mean, instead of buying a 6 pack of soda or something like that, just pay that much and you'll get an awesome game.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    LOL! movies are free
    For pirate thieves...yes they are.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger