Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3: Game plan

So I've been pretty excited about D3, even though I never played other Diablo games. Watched a few videos here and there, toyed around with skill calculator.. But then I came to a question: what's the gameplay gonna be like?

I've seen the 4 acts in "The World" section of the Game Guide, all 4 tagged "Coming soon". So how will we be playing the game? Is our character supposed to be lvl 60 by the moment we complete act 4, getting 15 lvls each act? What's the point of multiplayer and all the legendaries? What should we be doing at top level? Will there be any out-of-act gameplay? What's our game plan for D3? Because with WoW it's pretty simple: 1) You level up 2) You do raids/pvp/farm. SC is pretty clear too: 1) You play campaign if u feel like it 2) You play ranked games/user maps 3) Rinse and repeat. What's the plan for D3?

If it's anything like Diablo 2 you'll typically have all your skills by the time you finish Act 4, which will be level 30-ish. After that you restart the game with your current character in a harder mode. The loot and monsters level up appropriately.

Deleted
    There will be 4 difficulty settings, each unlocked after beating previous one. At max level all you do in diablo is - kill zomgbillion monsters for loot. Thats what diablo basically is about. Whether you hate it or love it. And theres some pvp and shit if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    If it's anything like Diablo 2 you'll typically have all your skills by the time you finish Act 4, which will be level 30-ish. After that you restart the game with your current character in a harder mode. The loot and monsters level up appropriately.
    This is about right. Blizzard has said that you will be about 30ish from finishing normal mode, final act, and then 60 when you finish hell, final act. This will make available inferno mode for level 60s where the enemies will start out at level 61 in act 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has stated that you should be about lvl 30 after normal, 50 after nightmare, and 60 after hell. Inferno will unlock once you have complete hell AND are level 60.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Blizz has stated that you should be about lvl 30 after normal, 50 after nightmare, and 60 after hell. Inferno will unlock once you have complete hell AND are level 60.
    Basically this. And for those levels, you'll be killing monsters. Ludicrous amounts of monsters. And to get your loot once you're 60? Even MORE monsters. And bosses. With lots of different skills too. It's like WoW, just without all that 'organization' crap at endgame, and a larger variety of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    There will be 4 difficulty settings, each unlocked after beating previous one. At max level all you do in diablo is - kill zomgbillion monsters for loot. Thats what diablo basically is about. Whether you hate it or love it. And theres some pvp and shit if you are interested.
    Sweet, perfect for my liking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Basically this. And for those levels, you'll be killing monsters. Ludicrous amounts of monsters. And to get your loot once you're 60? Even MORE monsters. And bosses. With lots of different skills too. It's like WoW, just without all that 'organization' crap at endgame, and a larger variety of gear.
    Is it wrong that your statement there just got me excited for D3 again? MF runs for gear and such... I actually can't wait!

Deleted
    Does the game not get boring though just replaying them on a harder setting each time? and how will the items work do the bosses have a set loot table or are items just totally random?

(sorry I never played the other Diablo games so I have no clue)
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2011-11-03 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Does the game not get boring though just replaying them on a harder setting each time? and how will the items work do the bosses have a set loot table or are items just totally random?

(sorry I never played the other Diablo games so I have no clue)
    There are no set tables. Bosses and Uniques have higher chances to drop better items, along with higher level enemies dropping higher quality stuff, but that's about as far it goes in differentiation.

Also, whether or not it gets boring depends on the person.

It doesn't get boring because they made playing the game at all difficult. Hell is supposed to be hard, inferno is supposed to be ten times harder. It's not like you just hold down right click and everything dies and you pick up all your epics. Especially if you play on hardcore.

I wonder if you get rewarded with titles again, so you can see who cleared inferno.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Sacrifice View Post
    I wonder if you get rewarded with titles again, so you can see who cleared inferno.
    If nothing else, they have a neat banner system which shows off various accomplishments by getting more and more fancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If nothing else, they have a neat banner system which shows off various accomplishments by getting more and more fancy.
    "finishing X difficulty without wearing any armor / weapons / naked, etc"

i should go find that post again lol, laughed so hard when i read it.
    but yeah more titles than just for beating X difficulty.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

The slapper barb makes a comeback in inferno...stay tuned.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game plan is really the same as the first two...beat the hell out of baddies, click on loot, click on loot again to equip, beat the hell out of baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It doesn't get boring because they made playing the game at all difficult. Hell is supposed to be hard, inferno is supposed to be ten times harder. It's not like you just hold down right click and everything dies and you pick up all your epics. Especially if you play on hardcore.
    If you die you lose your character and gear correct? Is this only on inferno mode? Or is it PvP only?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you die you lose your character and gear correct? Is this only on inferno mode? Or is it PvP only?
    If you die at all during hardcore mode, you're dead forever. Nobody can loot your body either. Applies to all difficulties. Not sure if they come back if they die during PvP, but I don't think they do.

They haven't told us what they're doing about hardcore pvp, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    If you die at all during hardcore mode, you're dead forever. Nobody can loot your body either. Applies to all difficulties. Not sure if they come back if they die during PvP, but I don't think they do.
    So inferno mode and hardcore are completely separate? So you can have both activated at same time?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.