Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    The hidden evil of this video though is her deaf community will shun her now as curing what they do not consider a disability is unforgivable in general to them as a whole. Its very sad because they are vicious to people that want to hear.
    Yup it's true. There is a strong deaf community where I live and they're against curing themselves. They're very proud of themselves for coping with a disability that can be fixed... =/

Quote Originally Posted by Gouled View Post
    Wow I never thought there were people who couldn't smell before. Of course those are the lucky ones. In all honesty smell is the most useless sense. I think we use smell to detect dangers in the air, or in what we are about to consume. Since we don't go out in the wild smelling bushes, or smelling other people anymore I think people who cannot smell don't really have a serious disability, unless you're in a room with a propane leek and you can't smell the propane. Then again you'll probably get drowsy and notice that the air is bad. So where was I...? Oh yeah. I am happy I was born with a working everything (Eyes, ears, nose, legs). I didn't know sense could get restored, and the sense of sound being so important to Humans, I am glad people who otherwise couldn't hear could now hear. Though it probably costs a lot of money for the procedure.
    You really need to read up about smell dude, then you wouldn't sound so retarded with that claim! Smell is one of the most important part of us knowing what anything tastes like the way it does....If you do not believe me, simple experiment, get blind folded, make sure your nose is not open, use a pinch or whatver, make sure you dont have ability to smell, then try 3-5 diff items that have similar consistency, best if the items are chosen without telling you what they are. I will bet you you will not recognize what they are by not being able to smell what they are.

As for this clip - nice find.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw this video on CNN. Pretty amazing. I'm really happy for her.
    Sexy tats too

Very heartwarming.

Awesome how far technology as come for the deaf, too bad we can never do this with eyesight :/

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i don't understand why she sounds normal and not like someone who is deaf. i have never met a deaf person who didn't sound extremely different when they spoke
    She can hear herself articulate her words now, that's why she sounds normal.

My fiancee has been profoundly deaf since she was a few weeks old, and did not hear herself or anything else until she was 18. She got her cochlear implant then. It really is amazing...she can even get in vent and understand people if they are not talking over each other. However, she is pretty self conscious about her voice. She speaks well, but not perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Awesome how far technology as come for the deaf, too bad we can never do this with eyesight :/
    You don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    You don't know that.
    The eyes are far too complex, and are a MAJOR part of how your brain develops in your early life. After the age of four, if you're still blind...to put it bluntly, you're fucked.