My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.
The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.
Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.
1 was the best, apart from the building breaking in half 3 was better than 2.
didnt Megan Fox get into an argument with the director and he ended up removing her from the film? thats what i heard somewhere
i liked it altho way too much pointless human stuff as usual, i actually fast-forwarded thru most of it. robot shit was hella cool tho; i wasn't expecting any sort of plot twists whatsoever so sentinel going bad was kinda a surprise.
(but megatron getting kekpwnd at the end without putting up any fight was just lame).
chick was bad, annoying cliche barbie doll, i hate those. even the british accent didn't save her.
best of the 3 imo.
Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2011-10-01 at 03:05 PM.
I didn't like it too, its like they killed everyone.
Also Shockwave and Starscream died by just humans? They are one of best of decept troops.
The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power
This is the worst movie of the year by far. 2 hours too long. I do not care about Shia Lewhatever's job hunt or relationship status. I want to see giant freaking robots fight.
Ok, remember the scene where they were showing footage of the destroyed city? And they played that horrible song that completely ruined the moment?
Michael Bay sullied this franchise and should be jailed and fined for it.
Seriously, my inner child died with this film.
Opulence. I has it.
Wait, people watched this movie not just to see CGI robots?
All 3 Transformer movies are some of the worst films I've seen in my life.
How Micheal Bay still has a career still amazes me. Also Shia Lebeouf ... why are we supposed to care about this wanker ? As always, the Transformers are the sub plot to their own film. (The third is better than the other 2, since no Megan Fox makes it vastly less shitty.)
I like them all and Loved the third I thought the babe was hot aswell so I guess that adds to it.
Complex story? You can't be serious. The storyline in the cartoon from the 80's was more complex than the bullshit they put on the silver screen lol. Sadly, of all the 3 movies this one was probably the best and stuck somewhat closer to that of the original cartoon. I felt like the soundtrack was absolutely terrible and a few of the actions sequences were out of place.
1. No Megan Fox. She was an arrogant no-talent ass-clown actress that was there for looks alone. She ruined the immersion of the high-tech feel of the Transformers with her "derpy" semi-retarded attitude in first two movies. Is it really that hard to find an attractive intelligent decent actress in Hollywood that actually adds to the plot? The new chick named Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was definitely an upgrade, but that's just my opinion.
2. Leonard Nimoy. As always, he was an amazing actor that delivered his lines pretty damn well. I felt like a lot of his dialog was poorly written and his character was sort of odd to begin with, but he pulled it off well. Here's an awesome fact for anyone that didn't know, he was also in the original animated 1986 Transformers the movie as one of the primary villains named Galvatron.
3. Decent storyline. Not the best, but it was something to work with.
1. Plot holes. There were a few of them in the movie, especially with Sentinel Prime's character. He had the chance to get the matrix, which can revive any of the transformers but chooses not to? It would have almost certainly secured victory for his side. Why did the Decepticons wait so long to act on this plan? It was by far their best chance of completing their goal, the domination of earth.
2. Optimus Prime and the Autobot's out of place character. What the hell is up with the ending? It made absolutely no sense for him to execute Megatron in cold blood after Megatron saved his ass. For once, he had a real chance of working out peace with the Decepticons and completely threw it away. It goes completely against the character of the original Optimus Prime from the cartoon, which was more of a "bad ass that used violence as a last resort." It contradicts the 1986 movie's ending entirely as well, which at the end the two sides united to rebuild Cybertron for a peaceful future as one united race. (Which didn't last long as a new generation of Decepticons broke off and became rebels with what was left of Unicron's creations.) In fact, it even goes against the very tag-line for the Autobots, which has always been "Till all are one." Meaning the unification of both sides under a peaceful banner.
3. Lack of Megatron. He's suppose to counter Prime but doesn't even really show up much until the final action sequence... I thought that was rather lack-luster and boring.
TLDR; It was a decent movie at best but probably should have been the first movie of the series, not the last. The ending sucked and the character of Optimus Prime was completely fucked up and incorrect.
Last edited by epec; 2011-10-01 at 03:25 PM.
"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." -Plato
Tyrion replied with a shrug that accentuated the twist of his shoulders. “Speaking for the grotesques,” he said, “I beg to differ. Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.” - Game of Thrones
I liked it...though i hate that girl that always have to be forced into the movie. Oh and how obvius the Cisco commercials was somtime. also too much humans and too little robots. but when the robots started fighting it was awesome.
All 3 Transformer "blockbusters" are moneysoaked garbage.
I wouldnt be suprised if they made another transformer movie about that first war between autobots and decepticons.
offtopic: seriously, invest 200million dollars for visual effects, put in some hot girls and semismart jokes and you have a modern blockbuster.
The life of a lot of people must be at risk too of course.
I still can't believe what they did to matrix :/
how long ago did the movie come out?
Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?
At least the new girl was named Carly
If you want a good transformer movie go watch the Transformers Movie 1987. That one has an epic story and tied in G1 Transformers with the newer age Season 3+ transformers!
The live action movies were good for what they were made. Summer blockbaster with tons of action and huge robots. They never advertised the movies as having complex story lines etc. In fact Bay always said the movies have robots and lots and lots of action. In that sense they did succeed
Did the TF fan in me like it? Meh, it was good for the action. Did my friends and gf who dont have a clue about TF like it? Yeap.
The third movie had similar cartoons as well. Season 2 episodes 15 and 16 - Megatron's Masterplan, sees him pursading the humans to kick the Autobots from Earth placing them on a shuttle heading unknowngling to the sun for their doom. In season one a tripple episode called The Ultimate Doom has Megatron brainwashing the humans and ultimately building a space bridge that teleports Cybertron right next to Earth
P.S Getting rid of Megan Fox was the best thing. She fulfilled no purpose in movies 1 and 2 and had a horrible perfomance. The new girl at least had a part. She gave the secret message of the decepticons :P
 Transformers Prime the new animated cartoon is actually quite good
Last edited by Firann; 2011-10-01 at 03:40 PM.
All the transformer movies would be considerably better if they just took out the "story" aspect and just had one big battle after another.
Lol id say its the 2nd best one. The first one was the best, the 2nd one was just trash, this one was at least better than the 2nd!