Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    TF3 was shit, but it was atleast better than TF2. The ending totally ruined the movie for me, how can Optimus be such an hearthless dick??? Thats not the Optimus I knew

Lets just pretend TF2 and TF3 never happened, TF1 was atleast somewhat okay

Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    This is the worst movie of the year by far. 2 hours too long. I do not care about Shia Lewhatever's job hunt or relationship status. I want to see giant freaking robots fight.

Ok, remember the scene where they were showing footage of the destroyed city? And they played that horrible song that completely ruined the moment?

Michael Bay sullied this franchise and should be jailed and fined for it.

Seriously, my inner child died with this film.
    I laugh when people say michael bay ruined this idea. Transformers when we were kids had 0 and i repeat 0 plot line, horible character design, like it was meant for -10 year olds and people act like michael bay did something horrible by pretty much idealizing the series. Stop for a second and stop expecting some complicated movie with great characters cause guess what, transformers has never been that ever. It's like people go in expecting some hearth wrenching movie, when they dam well know what they'er gonna get and then are mad? It's like me going in and ordering a hamburger and expecting them to bring me out a lobster dinner.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-10-01 at 03:55 PM.

Goona buck the trend but I thought T3 was one of the better movies ive seen recently as far as pg13 action/sci-fi movies go.

The story isnt something super complex or special but I mean the whole concept is about robots that turn into cars/planes/helicopters etc. What im getting at is its not exactly a GREAT ip to work with outside what they do... the visuals.

The story is serviceable and frankly I feel pretty good. As for the potential plot hole of "sentinel should have just taken the matrix lol" the second movie would seem to indicate only the WORTHY can use or obtain it. Sentinel by betraying his autobots wouldnt have been WORTHY of the matrix. The bigger problem I personally feel is that it doesnt really deal with the immediate and serious ramifications of bringing a LARGER planet directly into the earths atmosphere although TBH I really dont care about that I just think it would have made more sense to leave cybertron where it was.

The whole "till all are one" well frankly decpticons would never live peacably and megatron could never be trusted nor could sentinel after his betrayal so there is no issue with optimusbadass killin them both.

Im not sure id like to see another in the franchise I think the series it sitting pretty good where it is. Megan Fox or no the female lead is again servicable if nothing special. Ironically my wife pointed out to me that she did the most important thing in the whole movie IE saving optimus and allowing them to save the earth kinda funny that she;s treated like a fluzy but does something super important.

I think what so many of you are forgeting is that not every movie has to be or tries to be something super weighty that leaves you mentally distraught at the metaphorical parable its trying to preach or get you thinking about.

The movie was fun and enjoyable to watch without any major points where i was yawning and waiting for something to happen.

Id easily give it a 8/10 for what it is, it couldnt be much better and honestly im not sure I would want to have pushed it in any other direction to make it something more.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was quite bad yes, not quite as bad as the 2nd but still bad. Shia Lebeouf played the same utterly annoying "main" character that you wish would just die at any given point in the movie. It boggles me why he accepts roles in films with scripts as crappy as this one, because he's actually quite a decent actor in movies with better script. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was a huge upgrade from Megan "acting? what is that?" Fox. Rosie did fine imo considering the script she'd been given was, in a word, terrible.

The same can be said for the rest of the acting cast in the movie, they all did fine with the material that had been given to them, when that material sucks from the start there's nothing even the best actor in the world can do to make it good.

Michael Bay likes explosions and CGI, the story and scripts for all the characters seems to be something thrown into the mix at the very last minute, which is painfully obvious from this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs View Post
    I thought it was pretty cool ... Didn't like his new gf tho.
    The gf was very unrealistic. Alan Tudyk, John Malkovich, and Ken Jeong's characters were trying too hard to be funny and weren't needed to demand attention.

I like how ppl were complaining at how badass Optimus was. Especially killing the bot at the end that backstabbed their unit in the beginning... As for what he did to Megatron, last movie they were making, not surprised. As the leader of the Autobots, did you think he would just sit back and do nothing to stop the Decepticon's plans of making mankind slaves? I for one loved what they did with Optimus. It's not the first time Optimus looked badass, he died for it in part 2...

For everyone that said that there is TOO MUCH DESTRUCTION. Go back to watching 1970 black and white movies plz, it's obvious you can't handle modern technology and don't value the ability to make cgi robots interacting with ppl and surrounding look real. Giant robots with giant guns and bad intentions that doesn't destroy anything is laughable. Good bots not doing anything to stop bad bots is also laughable. People that had unrealistic expectations for this movie should wake up and notice IT'S JUST A MOVIE.
    Last edited by VÎzio; 2011-10-01 at 04:03 PM. Reason: wanted to bold something

Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    The whole "till all are one" well frankly decpticons would never live peacably and megatron could never be trusted nor could sentinel after his betrayal so there is no issue with optimusbadass killin them both.
    Except Optimus didn't kill Sentinel, Megatron intervened just before Sentinel executed Optimus. What Optimus did after this was no different than what Megatron or any Decepticon would have done, which was be an opportunistic bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Except Optimus didn't kill Sentinel, Megatron intervened just before Sentinel executed Optimus. What Optimus did after this was no different than what Megatron or any Decepticon would have done, which was be an opportunistic bastard.
    Oppurtunistic to some, justice wielder to others.

Take your pick but I wouldnt say the same. Primes are too dangerous to give them the chance to monologue and ultimatley find a way to escape death.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Oppurtunistic to some, justice wielder to others.

Take your pick but I wouldnt say the same. Primes are too dangerous to give them the chance to monologue and ultimatley find a way to escape death.
    Except Megatron offered peace, Optimus declined which would never have happened in the cartoons.

I thought it was the best one. The first was pretty good, the second one just plain sucked ass, but the third was amazing. And no Megan Fox is a huge plus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Except Megatron offered peace, Optimus declined which would never have happened in the cartoons.
    Peace at the cost of the entire human race. Optimus realized decepticons "peace" was similar to the "peace" the Nazi/axis offered in ww2. Its an illusion of peace not true democratic freedom for all sort.

The decepticons even until the very end had always displayed a sort of disdain for all who were not them. They used people and bots alike to achieve their self serving goals. This would never change as its who they were at characters.

Peace at the cost of the entire human race. Optimus realized decepticons "peace" was similar to the "peace" the Nazi/axis offered in ww2. Its an illusion of peace not true democratic freedom for all sort.
    Except there was peace between them in the cartoons, they went to rebuild Cybertron. It would be like Thrall teaching a message of peace, almost getting killed by an enemy, getting saved by Varian, then killing Varian just because...

Deleted
    ..spoilers...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Btw interesting tidbits for some transformers in all movies:

Jetfire (seen is TF2) is not a Prime in the cartoons/comics. The clockwork abilities he has, along with the teleportation and time manipulation belong to Vector Prime. Two different robots. Vector Prime always being an Autobot while Jetfire being a Decepticon scientist and close friend of Starscream before the first war occured.

The Matrix of leadership is always EQUIPED by the Autobot leader. Thats what makes him a Prime. See Hot Rod in the cartoon, who after taking the Matrix of Leadership is made into Rodimus Prime (Optimus' voice is heard through the matrix), Sentinel Major becoming Sentinel Prime and Orion Pax into Optimus Prime.

Wheelie (the little Megan Fox pet in TF2) is an Autobot in the cartoons never a Decepticon and if im not mistaken the only "child" Autobot.

The robot portrayed as Sentinel Prime in TF3, has the looks of Alpha Trion, who in the TAS created Optimus from the really wounded Orian Pax. Sentinel Prime before his death gave the Matrix to Alpha Trion who would guard it until the next suitable Prime was found. OP never knew SP. SP is also regarded as one of the first to learn how to transform in order to battle the Decepticons. (note: Autobots were the slave workers of the Quintessons while Decepticons the Military before the rebelion from both)

There are other nitpicks here and there such as Decepticons all being primarily Air units with some military thrown in until towards the end of the season etc but those are for us TF geeks to know and remeber
    Last edited by Firann; 2011-10-01 at 04:13 PM.

Except there was peace between them in the cartoons, they went to rebuild Cybertron. It would be like Thrall teaching a message of peace, almost getting killed by an enemy, getting saved by Varian, then killing Varian just because...
    Movie =/= cartoon

Just like there are dozens of story archs for xmen comics like wise a movie doesnt necessarily correspond with a kids cartoon from more than a decade ago.

In this movie series the decepticons as lead by megatron were evil through and through you need to look at it for what it IS rather than what it WAS or rather what you wanted it to be.

More like Thrall getting saved by Varian, and then Varian saying that he was then going to go on to slaughter all of the orcs en masse and make Thrall watch.

Deleted
    wow you've only just seen it? I saw it like 2-3 months ago..

lmao. When did Megatron offer peace? When Mega attacked Sentinel, he wanted to put Sentinel in his place...beneath him. Had nothing to do with helping Optimus, Mega was blinded by the fact Sentinel was looking more superior than he was. lol and ppl thought he was offering peace.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    1> 3 >2 imo
    This, although I personally think 3 is the best one yet.

Also - you should change your title to something a little less... This is how it is, now believe me. I'll give you props for putting imo, unlike most people, however.

Movie =/= cartoon

Just like there are dozens of story archs for xmen comics like wise a movie doesnt necessarily correspond with a kids cartoon from more than a decade ago.

In this movie series the decepticons as lead by megatron were evil through and through you need to look at it for what it IS rather than what it WAS or rather what you wanted it to be.
    If you are making a movie based on a cartoon, they take the basis of the cartoon and use it. These movies shouldn't even be called Transformers, it should be called "Sam Witwicky and his robot friends".

It was awesome. Possibly one of the best (if not the best) 3D-film since Avatar.

And the Victoria's Secret-babe is so much better than Megan Fox. I loved watching the film. Good entertainment from beginning to end.