Thread: Dark Souls

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dark Souls

3 more days Ladies and gents Whos excited? i am i am!

PREPARE TO DIE A LOT!! and also break a lot of Controller same old same old to the PS3 users, New to xbox users i hope you have 2-3 controllers handy

I was playing Demon Souls before WoW and I don't know if it was just me but that game was hard as hell. I remember dying alot! If you passed the game it got even harder. If you died it got even herder. I'll be picking up Dark Souls

Deleted
    Ive currently got my review copy of Dark Souls, for those who are hoping it is going to be a challange...your not going to be dissapointed.
    So far im just past the tutorial stage and have died countless times already!

how did you get a review copy?!?!?! lol i want one

Deleted
    I review for a UK gaming site

Quote Originally Posted by Cravendale View Post
    I review for a UK gaming site

im so jelly

Deleted
    Haha There are some nice perks to it I must admit. Its not all plain sailing mind, you have to review your fair share of utter crap too!

But yeah, back to topic. If you loved Demon Souls you will find yourself very much at home within Dark souls. You should definately keep spare controllers handy though, its a damn evil game!

Can't believe I forgot about Dark Souls! Starting uni has kept me 110% occupied, after reading this thread, I went ahead and ordered the limited edition.. Won't be available until friday here, it seems oh well, I'm out of town mon - wed, I'll survive

Never really understood the hype over Demon's Souls and it's difficulty.

It's just about as difficult as any other game I've played, where you always seem to find a specific part you HATE playing and seem to want to die on. Only truely difficult thing about it is the vagueness of everything, how you don't know where you should go first for a certain moment, or what you can expect in terms of what damage will be done to you. I can only guess that it was intended like that to take advantage of the game's player messaging but meh. It's a fun game none the less.

Still can't wait though, reserved my copy the second I could.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post

It's just about as difficult as any other game I've played
    demon souls was one of the top hardest games i have played its up there with Ninja Gaiden, nothing beats thinking your all fine and good then comes out a Knight to smack you in the face or killing shit and Black phantoms flash in right infront of you

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to it but I still have not found out the most important thing I have been trying to find out about for it, will it have a co-op mode where you can group up with a friend who has the game or is it still going to be the same style of co-op as Demon Souls where it was with random people?

yeah i heard they are making a add from friend list but i cant Confirm or Deny if that's true, Cravendale can you shine some light on that?

Deleted
    Hmm I cant comment on that at the moment as to be honest, I just dont know.
    Will do some digging however and get back to this thread when I know answers if I get them before you do

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1197278p1.html

IGN gave it high marks. It's supposedly even harder than Demon's Souls, but perhaps a bit less frustrating.

About the "co-op", I guess you can't get help from your friend specifically. IGN's review states:
    The absence of voice chat and matchmaking is integral to this sense of collective suffering and achievement. Your rescuer will always be a stranger.
    Last edited by Jon; 2011-10-01 at 11:45 PM.

hmm in demon souls i would just work out where to drop the light worked ok for the most part

tomorrows the day i cant wait, wish i can do the midnight release but i have work tomorrow D:

So, is Dark Souls actually a sequel?
    Last time I heard it was a spiritual sequel only.

Amen to this game coming out. There will be tears....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    So, is Dark Souls actually a sequel?
    Last time I heard it was a spiritual sequel only.
    From what I remember and I may be mistaken is that Dark Souls is just a spiritual sequel in the same way that I believe Demon Souls was suppose to be a spiritual sequel to the King's Field series.

you guys are both right, but the makers of demon souls did not want to make a number 2 or let it be on xbox since its a Only PS3 game, so what they did was took the Game Designers,the guy who wrights the story,and went to a new title and changed it minor for the same game feel