Quote Originally Posted by Bizil View Post
so a short question:
when u dispel at ~10 seconds in p3, how do u handle the rest time of the wrack?
in a previous post, someone told to dispel like that: 1ppl at ~20, 2ppl at ~ 16/17. 4people at ~14. we tried that without any success.
we got her in p3 to 50-60%, but then incoming dmg became to high (main problem is the wrack)
so whats the best solution with dispel?
In p3, you typically want to dispel sooner, remember that Sinestra does less overall damage in p1 because of her debuff but you won't have that luxury in p3. Mass dispel is handy but I dislike using it since it messes up timing, and it's also completely unnecessary.

By dispelling the first one at 10 seconds instead of 20+, I am giving myself more work yes -- but hey, it's not like I have any other job other than mashing my dispel button, so what's the problem? I dispel at 7-8 seconds typically, and by the time wrack is out on all 8 people (tanks don't get wrack), I'm GCD-capped. I target the person with the highest wrack duration, dispel them, immediately target the next highest person, dispel them, etc. etc. until Sinestra is dead.

The only reason to insist that the first few people hold wrack for a very long time is if you can't trust your dispeller to keep up. By dispelling the first at ~20 seconds, second at ~15 seconds, third at ~10 seconds, you only have 8 wracks out on the raid for about 15 seconds. However, if you dispel earlier (which is the safer method), you might have 8 wracks on the raid for 30+ seconds. While that might sound scary, if your dispeller is using every single GCD on dispelling and prioritizing correctly, no one will ever have a wrack >10 seconds and it's perfectly healable.