View Poll Results: What class do you find to be the most Resilient?

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • Arms Warrior

3 4.35%
  • Prot warrior

14 20.29%
  • Feral Druid

27 39.13%
  • Boomkin

1 1.45%
  • Ele Shaman

0 0%
  • Enh Shaman

1 1.45%
  • Warlock

3 4.35%
  • Rogue

8 11.59%
  • Fire Mage

1 1.45%
  • Frost Mage

11 15.94%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most resilient Class

Let's start with: I really really enjoy BGs, and really despise dying. I'm looking to play a class with some good survivability. I have every class to 85 - but to be frank, I simply don't have the time to play that I used to, so I'm trying to limit myself to just 1 or 2 characters. All around, I really enjoy games with 0 deaths, but I've found some classes just..can't deliver on that very often - even in good gear. {Even the best ele sham or Spriest can be dropped by your average rogue.}. Only classes I truly don't enjoy in pvp though are DK, Hunter, and Priest. Priest for it's squishiness, Hunter for its..well it's annoying to play, and DK because I HATE the rune system.

So, To those of you who BG a lot - What class do you find that is exceptionally resilient? I don't mind playing Prot classes, but I would like to stay away from healers.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2011-10-01 at 10:12 PM.

at first thought this was a new class thread.
    On topic, i find my protection paladin or blood death knight live alot, actually killing something is a different story
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    at first thought this was a new class thread.
    On topic, i find my protection paladin or blood death knight live alot, actually killing something is a different story
    Haha, Renamed topic to clear some confusion.

This thread is relevant to my interests. (I am not sarcastic, it really is. I am in the same dilemma myself)

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral druid atm definitely, massive damage, heals, good cc, good burst, and any pressure they can pop bear and go defensive just like that.

If i was to choose off the list, there is no doubt blood dk would be first, but i guess thats because i play meele in pvp, they are apparently easy for casters but daaaam theres nothing meele can do.
    Last edited by TJ; 2011-10-01 at 10:27 PM.

Voting Feral Druid, idk why people would say Frost Mage... has anyone voting Frost Mage been above 2.1/2.2k? Melee sit on them w/ dispels and /lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are people seriously voting for Frost Mage?

I mean, no one is denying they're OP. No one is denying they're annoying and can keep melee from moving for a long time, but really...it's the class that goes down fastest when focused by several people = not resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by castro View Post
    Voting Feral Druid, idk why people would say Frost Mage... has anyone voting Frost Mage been above 2.1/2.2k? Melee sit on them w/ dispels and /lol.
    As much as I agree on the Mage part, voting Feral Druid is kinda ridiculous as well as long as Prot Warrior is in the listed options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    As much as I agree on the Mage part, voting Feral Druid is kinda ridiculous as well as long as Prot Warrior is in the listed options.
    While i agree, i voted for feral druid because *I* dont consider prot as a proper pvp spec, just like prot for palas and blood for dks. Actually have no idea where prot stands in pvp right now, but i will stick to my orginal opinion regardless.

Frost mages are NOT more resilient than ferals or warriors in general, geez i'm surprised disc priests aren't up there. WHO THE HELL IS VOTING BOOMKIN DO YOU REALLY PVP?????

Deleted
    Enhancement Shaman imho

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    While i agree, i voted for feral druid because *I* dont consider prot as a proper pvp spec, just like prot for palas and blood for dks. Actually have no idea where prot stands in pvp right now, but i will stick to my orginal opinion regardless.
    Agreed. Prot =/= pvp spec imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral Druid

They go Bear form, bash, pop enraged regen, run to a corner and los, start casting heals, when you get close, thorns and cyclone. he goes cat, and resthealth.

Thats why im leveling one !

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Ignoring damage capabilities, I'm gonna vote prot. Although not the best warrior pvp spec, I would definitely say prot warriors can make pretty a deadly/annoying enemy.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-10-01 at 10:41 PM.

In BGs and RBGs, A good prot makes or breaks teams usually. Prot, Rogue, or warlocks are the normal Flag Carriers { locks for demonic circle, rogues for their slipperyness}.

I did specify BGs in the thread. I'm just not sure how resilient they are in the field without a few healers on them.

Deleted
    All specs will go down when getting tunnelled in a BG. Unless ur a blood dk with a pocket healer. Most of the players will keep focusing on you, thinking that your healthbar always jumping up is down to bloods crazy self healing.

People seem to be confusing their control and ability to avoid Melee with the ability to mitigate damage they are actually taking. Frost doesn't take a lot of damage because it can keep away from people and stop them from getting to you, not because the spec itself has the best damage reduction abilities for when you ARE being hit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    In BGs and RBGs, A good prot makes or breaks teams usually. Prot, Rogue, or warlocks are the normal Flag Carriers { locks for demonic circle, rogues for their slipperyness}.

I did specify BGs in the thread. I'm just not sure how resilient they are in the field without a few healers on them.
    Ah disregard my comments then, poor reading skills ftw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's the best RBG tank, by a longshot. Really, there's Prot Warriors, followed by Blood DK's and then a huge gap of nothing, followed by Feral Druid and Prot Pala.

Have a taste of high-rated RBG. Nothing can kill a good Prot Warrior, while a good Feral Druid, even with a tankspec will still die against a few casters.

EDIT: The way people vote shows that either they aren't doing RBG on any decent level, or they just want Feral Druids nerfed in every way possible.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2011-10-01 at 10:46 PM.

why are boomkin and ele shaman even on this list lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolcats i mean Feral druids