Thread: RBG strat - AB

RBG strat - AB

So our basic strat was send rogue to mine and hunter to hold farm. We split the rest to go bs and lm. We got mine and farm from the start. We assaulted lm so my reaction was to leave bs( we where losing bs cuse they sent most of there guys to bs) and go defend mine/lm/farm(i understand that that they are spread out but its still a 3 cap). So our raid leader was telling us to stay at bs and slow them down from getting it. Moments later, We lose mine and they assault bs. Was i wrong to think that defending lm/mine/farm was better that when you get a 3 cap you always go defensive mode? I can understand that slowing them at bs is a distraction and blahblahblah...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbeef-LB View Post
    So our basic strat was send rogue to mine and hunter to hold farm. We split the rest to go bs and lm. We got mine and farm from the start. We assaulted lm so my reaction was to leave bs( we where losing bs cuse they sent most of there guys to bs) and go defend mine/lm/farm(i understand that that they are spread out but its still a 3 cap). So our raid leader was telling us to stay at bs and slow them down from getting it. Moments later, We lose mine and they assault bs. Was i wrong to think that defending lm/mine/farm was better that when you get a 3 cap you always go defensive mode? I can understand that slowing them at bs is a distraction and blahblahblah...
    The one thing I've noticed in AB is that its really hard to stay defensive with a 3 cap. The reason is you'd have at best 3 at each base and 1 floater. This is easily beaten by them doing the smart thing and "zerging" a base. Most of the teams I've done it in usually try to grab 3 and go for the distraction at a base of theirs.

Deleted
    Still waiting for ilvl requirements for randoms something like required full honorset gear including rings and stuff as minimum requirement for heroic randoms. Just like dungeons...normal mode and heroic mode. This instead of rbgs., they are so tedious ...

ABs are usually tedious and annoying to play anyway, but the general strat can vary:
    -Are you bringing a tank to AB?
    -3 or 4 healers?

4 healers and a tank strat that wins most games for us is to send,
    -tank & 3 healers to BS,
    -4 dps & healer to LM,
    -rogue to GM (sometimes mage, depends on what you have or someone thats really good at 1v1) - ultimately based on 1v1 though.
    -healer dismounts to cap ST/farm, then moves to heal LM (yes, no one is left behind at ST/farm to D until you have 3 cap or see someone inc)

Getting GM at the start really is a non-essential bonus, its not nearly as important as LM/BS/ST (if ally). If you can get it then thats great it'll put you ahead and waste their manpower if they want to try cap it but you really want to put your effort towards these three nodes.

Its really annoying to manage i find sometimes - its too easy to attack, whereas LM is probably the best node up with BS. mage/priest is very useful at LM make sure you have one to slowfall dps down to BS whilst tank+3healers dont let BS cap.
    note: its a double-edged sword though, you can D it with slowfall from LM>BS>GM but it can be attacked that easy too.

--

With 3 healers its pretty much the same thing, 3-4 to bs, main bulk of group to LM and 1 to GM.

Once we have 3 nodes, it is good to push a 4th and take the fight to them - but generally you want to be counting who/what goes where if you're pushing to ensure you hold the 3.

and just offtopic.. the amount of 2.3-2.4k teams that have 'lag macro' (or whatever) capped nodes in AB is a joke. open a ticket and watch them get instantly banned
    Last edited by shammaz; 2011-10-02 at 05:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue on Farm, 5 to BS, 4 to LM (Mage/Priest for slowfall, Ele Shaman for knockback + Warrior).

When LM is taken --> Mage/Warrior leave with slowfall to assist BS. Win with 3 bases.

10+ Year Old Account
    My RBG's usually consist of 3 healers, a class with a pet (for farm) and a rogue or feral druid for mine. I usually send 3 to LM, me, a Dpriest, and a lock or mage. I can thunderstorm off LM and my priest can mind control off, so that's usually the best strat to do, and BS should have 2 healers and 3 dps.

In your case, both of you were in the right, you should have slowed them at BS so they didn't go take anything else, but someone also should have helped out mine.