Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

GTX570 sli + physics..

hello guys, im too tired to figure this out, and google dosent help me alot..

so here is the question: i got 2x570 gtx SC right? and i got a 6950 laying around, and not used..
    can i put my 6950 in to my p55 "ftw" mobo and use the 6950 as a physics card? O.o

clearing this up abit: can i use my 6950 saphire as a physics card, WITH my gtx 570 SC sli?

10+ Year Old Account
    Physx is only for NVIDIA. Also, why would you need a dedicated physx card for gtx 570 sli..?

ATI = no physx
    Nvida = physx.

Physx isn't all that great though, sure its alright, but there's only a few games that support it, and I mean very few, the only games that come to mind are
    Mafia, and ghost recon. I also have gtx 570 sli, you don't need a card for physx, plus you got to know if the game even supports it or not. An ATI card won't support physx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    Physx is only for NVIDIA. Also, why would you need a dedicated physx card for gtx 570 sli..?

ATI = no physx
    Nvida = physx.

Physx isn't all that great though, sure its alright, but there's only a few games that support it, and I mean very few, the only games that come to mind are
    Mafia, and ghost recon. I also have gtx 570 sli, you don't need a card for physx, plus you got to know if the game even supports it or not. An ATI card won't support physx.
    got a 6950 that im not using at all, kinda feels bad to have it laying around, so culd be fun to see if i culd put it as a dedicated physics card, but it dosent seems to i can that

As Haxs stated, nope it will not work. But i'll gladly take that 6950 off ur hands. lol.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell it, build a new PC with it. Physx sucks anyways. Thats why its not in many games.

Deleted
    Sell it, build a new PC with it. Physx sucks anyways. Thats why its not in many games.

well, im not gonna build a new one (check my link =reason)
    but then again, i might go build me a server or whatever somthing fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    well, im not gonna build a new one (check my link =reason)
    but then again, i might go build me a server or whatever somthing fun
    I also have gtx 570 sli. Love em'.

Deleted
    I also have gtx 570 sli. Love em'.
    tbh, i bloddy LOVE the evga ones they are kickass!

edit: did you have some black screen problems with them? esp when you OC them even more? =)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    got a 6950 that im not using at all, kinda feels bad to have it laying around, so culd be fun to see if i culd put it as a dedicated physics card, but it dosent seems to i can that
    Build another computer around the 6950. Boom, problem solved. You could make it a folding machine and help the mmo-champion folding team!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, i bloddy LOVE the evga ones they are kickass!

edit: did you have some black screen problems with them? esp when you OC them even more? =)
    Mine are overclocked at 1063 voltage, 850mhz/1700/2105 with afterburner. Also at 85% fan speed. WoW doesn't like them overclocked though so I have to turn them down to stock when I play it for some reason. Thats the only problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine are overclocked at 1063 voltage, 850mhz/1700/2105 with afterburner. Also at 85% fan speed. WoW doesn't like them overclocked though so I have to turn them down to stock when I play it for some reason. Thats the only problem.
    85% fan speed? My that's insane and probably loud. =/ Why do you have them so high? I'll bet your temperatures are well below the "be worried" line.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    i cant even go that high.. getting black screen straight away lol they arent to hot or anything like that, it just wont OC.. but then again, its the super clocked vertion of the GFX, but still, i want more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    85% fan speed? My that's insane and probably loud. =/ Why do you have them so high? I'll bet your temperatures are well below the "be worried" line.
    Thats as high as it will go, and thats not loud compared to others. It doesn't mind me. You have a headset on anyways. Mine are also reference model EVGA's because the air literally goes right through them in my Silverstone Raven RV02.

I came from a single 5870, and you couldn't even turn that thing past 40% or it sounded like a jet.

Yeah not all GPU fans are made equally. The SLI GTX 460's I used previously sounded like a jet plane taking off when the fans were ramped up under load, but my GTX 580 is mostly wind noise until ~70% speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Yeah not all GPU fans are made equally. The SLI GTX 460's I used previously sounded like a jet plane taking off when the fans were ramped up under load, but my GTX 580 is mostly wind noise until ~70% speed.
    you shuld hear my 570 gtx on 100% fan speed.. jesus, you need earplugs, and watch out for you hair to not be sucked in while doing it, atleast, that's how it feels sitting near it when it is at 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah, above 75%, the stock cooler on 580's is loud as hell. At 100%, it's crazy. Now imagine 3 of them. Even a good headset (G930) isn't enough.
    yeh, crazy aint it? i can just emagine my plastic windows brakes in my chassie (sucked in) if i had it on 100% :P

yeh, crazy aint it? i can just emagine my plastic windows brakes in my chassie (sucked in) if i had it on 100% :P
    There's an interesting theoretical test: make a computer case that's completely sealed except for an external exhaust graphics card.... run the fan at 100% and see how much of a vacuum it can generate

10+ Year Old Account
    i cant even go that high.. getting black screen straight away lol they arent to hot or anything like that, it just wont OC.. but then again, its the super clocked vertion of the GFX, but still, i want more!
    You want more... but for Minecraft I'm willing to bet everything you don't even need half of what you have.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 02:40 AM ----------

@above 5 or so posts: Boy I do like my non-reference cooled video card. >_>
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You want more... but for Minecraft I'm willing to bet everything you don't even need half of what you have.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 02:40 AM ----------

@above 5 or so posts: Boy I do like my non-reference cooled video card. >_>
    y'know, minecraft isnt the only game in the world =)

y'know, minecraft isnt the only game in the world =)
    That...and... go into Minecraft and turn the FoV all the way up to "Quake Pro" and watch your GPU usage go crazy high (I was at ~90% usage on a GTX 580 running at 900MHz. )